All reviews safari park afternoon tea the cottages lovely hotel safari package chinese room stayed for two nights scones golf club bletchley park sculpture gallery wedding party hotel restaurant lounge area public areas high street birthday treat
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came here on the hotel's safari break (the hotel being very conveniently located just 3 minutes up the road from both the safari park and abbey), which provided an allowance towards dinner plus entry to both locations - a great saving. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise: friendly and incredibly helpful staff, great food in the restaurant, plus we had equally good room service on our second night, as the restaurant was full.. Our fault for dithering about whether we wanted to eat in or out on our second night, which itself was a last minute whim to stay an extra night!! We had interconnecting rooms and the second room was plenty big enough for our 3 children (6 to 11). The rooms were also very clean, well maintained and the bed comfortable. The icing on the cake was the breakfast! We happily went for the buffet, which was fresh and frequently replenished by the staff. My wife commented as we left that this the sort of hotel, plus staff, that you'd like to lift and drop to all the places in the UK you'd like to visit. We'll be back!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank AnthonyS743
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for posting your review of The Woburn Hotel on this site.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on our Safari Package, giving you and your family the opportunity to visit Woburn Safari Park, Woburn Abbey and gardens.

We are sorry for not being able to accommodate you in Olivier’s Restaurant on the Saturday night, however I am pleased that you were informed when extending your stay and also that you were impressed by the quality on room dining.

Finally, we found your last comments most encouraging and one of my colleagues also mentioned that you could take us anywhere you like however do take us back as there is no other place like Woburn.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to Woburn.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel when visiting nearby attractions. Jenny the receptionist was very helpful when I called to enquire about making a booking. We were given a complimentary upgrade and had a lovely room with super king size bed over looking the garden next door. The window opened, however Jenny kindly ensured a fan was in the room as the weather was very hot and humid. Great large comfy bed (nice and soft), quiet location, room clean and well maintained. All staff we met were incredibly professional and polite; a credit to the establishment. We did not eat in the restaurant, but chose one of the establishments within the village. The only slight disappointment was the breakfast, limited pastry / fresh bread selection, limited cereals, tinned looking fruit and some of the cooked breakfast was dried out after being left on the self serve buffet; a real shame considering the excellent service offered at the hotel. If breakfasts were cooked to order it would make a huge difference and would be more suitable for the image the hotel portrays.

Room tip: Ask for a room which does not over look the car park.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank tabitha67

Dear tabitha67,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Woburn Hotel recently and also for posting your feedback on this site.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our high standards of service and the quality of our accommodation. However we are sorry to read that you were not impressed with the quality of the food offered on the breakfast buffet. Needless to say that we are surprised but we can assure you that the matter is being investigated to ascertain how we failed to deliver on that day.

Once again we thank you for your constructive feedback and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Woburn.

Kind regards,

De

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner have been to Woburn before, but never had the opportunity to stay the night.

We travelled from London to Woburn on Friday afternoon and checked in to this lovely hotel at about 3pm. My partner was going to a concert at the MK National Bowl that evening and when we were looking for somewhere to stay the night, I discovered that this hotel was only 8.3 miles from the Bowl (About £15 in a cab...which suited us perfectly)!

I'd chosen a cottage for our overnight stay because I wanted something special and we weren't disappointed. When you check the rooms available online, you'll see that although all of the hotels rooms are beautifully decorated, the cottages offer that little extra something.

We stayed in Slipperfield, a gorgeous one down-two up (lounge/bedroom/bathroom), decorated in neutral colours with a comfy sofa and a flat screen TV. It was perfect for my relaxing evening whilst my other half went went off to the gig.

I ordered room service from the menu provided in the room, which was reasonably priced for an a la carte (£18.75 for a fillet steak) but if you're thinking of a tipple in your room, make sure to take a bottle with you. Be warned, the closest off licence/supermarket is in the next village which is a two-mile walk in any direction. I ended up ordering my wine from the hotel when I ordered from the restaurant...£21 bottle of Shiraz! Tasty, of course, but £15 more than if I'd thought ahead! There is a £3 surcharge for room service, but this was fine with me. I did feel quite bad when the waiter brought my dinner over though, as I'd completely forgotten to keep any change back and had a rather embarrassing 'Pretty Woman' moment!

Breakfast is included (Continental or Emglish) at this hotel and if you hang your order out on your front door before 2.00am, room service is readily available. The Full English is lovely, but for the bargain price of £15.00 per breakfast, variety could have been widened.

The sleep at this hotel is wonderful with Queen-sized bed and blackout blinds!

I was asked on check-in if we'd like a wake-up call and I accepted for 9.00am, with breakfast chosen for 9.15 - 9.30am. I also got offered a newspaper too.

I'd chosen to add Woburn Safari Park tickets onto our stay, hence the choice of being woken bright and early on a Saturday morning! I would have loved to have stayed in the enormously comfy bed for an extra hour (there is an all-too-rare luxury of an 11 o'clock check out here!).

This hotel is lovely for a night or two stay and Woburn Village itself is quaint and has a lovely old feel to it. There are plenty of antique shops and tea rooms on the tiny 'High Street' (George Street) and the Abbey is very picturesque.

We would most definitely stay here again!

ENJOY!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank VickyC1978
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear VickyC1978,

Thank you for posting your review of The Woburn hotel on this site.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed staying in the Slipperfield cottage last week. This is one of our seven cottages; most popular with our guests as all individually furnished with quirky layouts.

We hope to have the opportunity to return to Woburn very soon and maybe stay this time in one of our ‘Abbey Rooms’ which also include some lovely suites.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked to stay in this hotel, and we're greeted and catered for by Connor and Dan at the hotel reception, lovely location and professional service, the staff excelled beyond there duties to cater for our dietary requirements and were very friendly, overall a lovely stay thank you

3  Thank Lynsey07
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Lynsey07,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you fully appreciated the professionalism porvided by Dan and Connor, our night operations team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon at The Woburn Hotel.

Kind Regards,

David

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A couple of weeks ago we just wanted to go somewhere but not far - we ended up exploring wonder and were recommended this hotel for lunch by a local shopkeeper. It did not disappoint - we had a meat and cheese platter and ate in the bar at a reasonable price. We felt a little under dressed as the surroundings are very nice but we were welcomed and well looked after and would go back for dinner sometime!

Room tip: We did not stay here - only enjoyed a lunch which was very good
Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank topsy7

Dear topsy7,

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent light lunch in our Tavistock Bar.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back soon and maybe you will have the opportunity to try our full lunch menu in Olivier's, our two AA Rosettes Restaurant.

Yours sincerely,