“Food doesn't disappoint”

Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our acclaimed head chef Josh and his team are passionate about fresh food, using only the very best ingredients sourced daily from local suppliers. Our menu is updated regularly, and with daily specials. The result is the freshest mouth watering food cooked to perfection, using only the very best seasonal ingredients. Please contact us and we will be happy to send you today's menu.
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Longs Inn, I enjoyed my first trip but there appeared to be quite a lack of organisation. I'm pleased to see on this visit a complete reversal. Staff as ever very friendly, but more importantly organised!

The food was excellent, nice large portions and succulent meat, the chocolate brownie is just pure heaven.

We visited during Sunday lunchtime, expecting it to be busy, surprisingly it was pretty quiet. If you are in woburn or nearby I'd really recommend Longs Inn, great food, great service and a wonderful location.

There are newer reviews for Longs Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had dinner for six and it was a great night out. The service was excellent, food wonderful, lovely relaxed atmosphere and great hosts. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited Longs restaurant in Woburn recently. On arrival staff were very welcoming and friendly. Waitress seated us in the bar for a drink, gave us the menu to have a look at whilst we had our drinks and explained the 'specials' for that evening. I ordered calamari for starter and I wasn't disappointed - they were dusted in a light coating and were cooked perfectly - not always that easy to achieve! I then had ribs with chips and coleslaw - the ribs were really tasty and the meat was so tender - my only complaint would be that there were too many ribs - but the waitress had warned me that it was quite a large meal! My husband had steak and was pleased that the chef had cooked it just as he had asked - rather than cooking it how they feel it should be cooked! The waitress had told us that if we weren't too full we should try the chocolate brownie - she said that previous customers had said how nice it was. So we ordered one to share and it was delicious! A very nice meal in a friendly atmosphere - would definitely recommend Longs and am looking forward to eating there again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was an impromptu meeting up with family. The food was good and the staff very attentive but sadly it was very quiet and therefore lacking in atmosphere. Also it was difficult to understand with so few people in the restaurant that they had run out of one of the puds!

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely food and huge portions, would certainly visit again for the food which was excellent value.

Service was very polite but it was chaos. They forgot the starter, food was slow coming. They had tables clearly marked s reserved but when the guests arrived they where not prepared and had not laid the tables. Not even enough menus to go round it seemed.....

Avoid the coffee, great big cups but not that great if you are any type of coffee fan.

So to sum it up, good food, good portions, polite service, nice venue but be prepared for some disorganisation.

Sharron David M, Owner at Longs Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your review of our restaurant this Sunday. I am sorry that our service wasn't up to our usual standard. The reason for this was that we had 3 times more customers that day than our usual anticipated Sunday.(300% increase) This increase was NOT anticipated as customers don't book but instead walk in on the day. Unfortunately when we cannot forecast such an increase in custom it is difficult to staff up accordingly to provide the service that we pride ourselves on. Our options are to turn people away or to simply do our best to provide a welcoming, professional and value for money meal. We prefer to offer the latter and do this very successfully. I'm sorry you don't agree.
Our coffee is a premium brand, which we serve by freshly grinding the beans to order and using a top of the range coffee machine. I drink Costa and Starbucks and would put ours in that league.