“Fabulous birthday present” 5 of 5 bubbles

poole, dorset
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Fabulous birthday present”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2016

My husband bought me a Safari Off Road Adventure for my birthday and four friends came along too. We had Bob as our driver/guide and he was such a nice guy with a wicked sense of humour. The whole experience was just fabulous. We saw lions, tigers, bears, monkeys, giraffes, ostriches and many more right up close which was just amazing. Bob was so knowledgeable and gave us so many interesting facts. The whole experience was just amazing and we didn't want it to end. I can't comment on whether it was good value for money or not as it was a present but I'm guessing it was worth every penny.

3 Thank sjh50

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good day out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

So we visited on a sunny afternoon, arriving about 11.30.

There was a slight queue to get in but this went down very quickly.

It took us about two hours to drive around the safari, did spend quite alot of time waiting for other cars to move along but we did go around again later in the day which was much quieter and therfore easier to see the animals. (Thankfully you can go around the safari as many times as you would like whilst there).

There is a large picnic area/ car park which was perfect for lunch but they do have a few cafe/ restaurant options within the foot safari area.

We watched a few animal shows, we saw elephants and parrots, both very interesting and it's always nice to see the animals up close. They do let you feed some the birds in one of the buildings (2 cups of nectar for £1) which was a wonderful experience. Two birds sat on each of our arms to eat, lovely!

There are few other free things to do as well such as the pedalos and a train ride. All help toward the day :). On our train ride a little boy did run across and start playing on the tracks. However the staff reacted immediately and halted the train and removed the little boy. Couldn't fault them with how they dealt with it!! It could have been a lot worse if they had responded how they did.

All in all a lovely full day out!!

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Animals at their best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2016

We visited on a hot day, we were able to see all the animals up close. Car was rather hot in the Lions, Tigers, Bears and Monkeys as windows had be closed right up. Found it a little bit expensive but its about the same as any other Safari Park.

Daventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We loved our time at Woburn! We visited on a quiet Tuesday after a wet bank holiday weekend. We weren't expecting good weather. Which we had. The entrance price of £108 for three adults and a child seemed to be steep, but we had decided on the upgrade option.

The drive through Safari experience was brilliant. Plenty of animals with no pressure to rush past the scary lions or the cheeky monkeys!

After that, I thought I would be disappointed with what Woburn had left to offer, but boy was I wrong!

The elephant talk was brilliant. Met one them with the opportunity to touch her. Twice.

The keeper explained that they are not show animals and demonstrated the amazing care the animal receive daily!

Our lunch and another drink was included in our entrance fee. The food was lovely and a much better meal than I had anticipated. Another drink was included in the price. Average lunch price was around £8 for a warm meal. Sandwiches were £3 or £4 each.

We took the opportunity to discover the complete site. The animals are great, fun, close to hand and enjoyable. Clearly well looked after and happy.

The keepers weren't flocked with visitors and were excited to answer questions and to point things out about the animals individual characteristics, which made our visit all the better and enjoyable.

The sea lion show was short but included a 3-d educational video about what humans do to the environment, sea in particular. It was enjoyable and suitable for all.

Two sea lions greeted us, but only one wanted to complete the demonstration. There was no pressure put upon the second lovely animal to meet the public, so she went back to swimming and enjoying the lovely weather we experienced and we enjoyed the demonstration no less because of this.

I probably enjoyed it more!

We decided to visit the avery and feed the birds, much to my horror and dismay, with a fear of birds flying round my head. This cost 70p for a replicated nectar food or two pots for £1. I hated the idea, however, the birds loved it and begrudgingly so did I. I took a photo for proof that I met these terrifying beasts and included the photo on this review to prove how gentle and friendly they are.

A truly brilliant day out, suitable for friends and family! We were a group of three adults 24-31 and one 8 year old. We all enjoyed the day and gained great memories.

Well done to all the staff and keepers at Woburn. You're passion and love for the animals shine through. Perhaps it's the wonderful countryside that you get to work in that helps.

4 Thank mattball85
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“VIP Off Road Safari Plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2016

Today we went on the Off Road Safari Plus VIP Experience which included an up close and personal Lemur Experience.

We were lucky enough to be escorted on our 2 hour safari by Bob who, apart from being extremely knowledgable about all the animals in the park, also provided hilarious banter and made the whole day simply brilliant. Off road means exactly that. Up hills and over rolling countryside bringing you within feet of lions, tigers, rhinos, bears and all manner of other animals.

I can highly recommend this experience and if you do book it you'll never want to visit the park any other way. The animals are so relaxed and happy and seeing them so up close just makes you even more aware of what characters each and every one of them are.

Thank you Woburn & Bob for giving us an experience we'll remember for ever.

1 Thank Terry J