“Best place if you want to get up close!! ”
Review of Woburn Safari Park

Woburn Safari Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Woburn
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Woburn is the best place for getting up close to the animals rather than from miles away through fencing. The road safari is what makes Woburn amazing and it is so exciting!! We had a tiger literally walking free around our car and he is beautiful and magnificent. There is nowhere else you get this. Same with lions who are more shy and we had monkeys climbing all over the car and even broke our back windscreen but it's hilarious and so much fun! I suggest if you want the kind of trip where you get up close with the animals at their most lively time go to the road safari when it opens around 10 - if you'd rather see the animals from afar when they are calm go later.
Then you park up and visit the foot safari which is basically a zoo but the talks and feedings are great and it's spacious and is a really good day out. Great for kids too. I recommend going here it's a great day out for all ages.

2  Thank JessicaBronstein
Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)
All reviews
in 57 reviews
"great family day"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

As childish as it may be I love zoos and what makes a zoo a good one in my eyes is having animals jumping all over me... so a safari is ideal for someone like me. I visit Woburn mainly because there is a Lemur called Rogue and she is very interactive, she sits for selfies and jumps on everybody, she raids people's bags and goes through people's pockets and that is highly entertaining for me, she never bites or gets aggressive she just makes it a memorable experience. What I don't understand is why the zoo keepers tell her off for being naughty. The difference between a regular enclosure and a walk through is that contact with the animals that you can't get from behind a fence. It annoys me when I'm sitting chilling with the Lemurs next to me then the Zoo keeper comes and scares them away. It would be nice to know the reason behind this as everyone enjoys the lemurs being playful like that. One of my favourite points about this zoo is the Monkey Drive through. They let us repeat that part 3 times and we had Monkeys swarm my car which was amazing. Be warned though the monkeys like to break ariels and tearing up that rubber strip on the roof of your car! Also.. monkeys don't eat crisps! The signs everywhere say so and some guy threw a crisp out to get the monkeys attention and they started pulling boys off his car so... don't ignore the signs :)

WoburnSafariPark, Manager at Woburn Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear Scott K,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Woburn Safari Park. Within Land of Lemurs, keepers are on hand to prevent any harm coming to either visitors or the animals. It's important that Rogue isn't fed any food by visitors or is able to get her hands of anything that could harm her. I have passed your comments on to the head keeper for that animal area however, so this can be looked into further as we would hate for this to ruin a special part of your visits.

The monkeys living in the African Forest do occasionally cause minor damage to vehicles, however there are keepers on patrol to help prevent this from happening. Visitors are also kindly asked not to feed the animals as it is extremely dangerous to their health and we appreciate that as a regular visitor, you do take note of our important signs.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back for another visit again soon.

Kind regards,
Debra Knox, Marketing Executive

Reviewed 24 March 2017

It had been about twenty five years since my last visit to Woburn. Notable for my cam belt snapping in the lions enclosure! We arrived as the park opened and the animals were being fed. Outstanding views of Tigers (play fighting), bears, lions being fed with red kites trying to steal food! Rhino's, eland, giraffe, zebras, and of course the naughty monkeys!! so enjoyable we went round again! Had some lunch.... then fed the lorikeets (magical!) watched macaws and cockatoos fly. Visited the squirrel monkeys and wallabies, sea lions, otters, meerkats and mongeese. sadly we didn't have time to watch the elephant show or visit the birds enclosure. What a wonderful day! The staff were all friendly and helpful we would love to go again. Give yourselves plenty of time its a full day! Highly recommended we laughed and smiled all day!

2  Thank KTM950Kent
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Really enjoyed our day in the safari park. I was a little nervous about potential damage to my car but only the monkeys came near the car. Good value for money, as we joined the various live demonstrations and talks.

2  Thank PersephoneOxford