“Plan for a great day out”
Review of Woburn Safari Park

Woburn Safari Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Woburn
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Booked online for our grandson birthday visit, found it easy to use and follow and prices were competitive.
Print your tickets before you arrive and plan what to see, it really does make a difference and makes your visit more enjoyable. All information is on the website.
On arrival take the opportunity to use the facilities in the short term parking before entering the park especially if you have young children with you.
For the best experience take your time, see the animals roaming around via the Road safari- other driver may overtake you but their loss not yours. You have a choice at the monkey enclosure to enter or take a right turn and bypass that leg. We went in and pleased to report all ok with the car.
Once parked up after the road safari there is plenty to see on the foot safari leg, there are restaurants that have really good prices that compare with most local pub chains and match the food also. No fine dining but well presented and hot.
Staff are accommodated and knowledgeable so don’t be afraid to ask questions of them if necessary. Gift shop prices a little eye watering but as expected.
The animals are the stars without a doubt just remember the rules.
Great day out, really enjoyed the experience and would recommend a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)
All reviews
in 48 reviews
"on foot"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Visited Monday, July 30, with my 12 year old. Amazing day. Road safari was a great way to see the animals so close - we had giraffes and zebras crossing right in front of us! Was really impressed with the foot safari and the large enclosures for animals. My daughter loved the trip. We were probably among the last to leave, and staff we encountered were all cheerful and professional, especially when dealing with the numpties who tried to stroke or touch the animals!!

1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Traded in Tesco Club card vouchers to purchase day tickets - would have been extremely disappointed with the experience if we had paid the gate price.

So it was extremely hot and I assume that the animals were all under shade, very disappointed that we saw no tigers or lions.

Too many cars were on the trail at any one time which meant a number of cars had over heated due to the weather. Too many inconsiderate drivers that stop in the middle of the road, blocking the road for anyone to go around them.

2  Thank Joann H
WoburnSafariPark, Manager at Woburn Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Joann H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience of the Park. We appreciate your feedback.

We were disappointed to read that you were not able to see many of the 1,000-plus animals living at the Park. The Road Safari is home to giraffe, monkeys, wolves, bears, rhino, elephants, antelope, lions, tigers and many more animals. We encourage visitors to undertake more than one circuit of the Road Safari as this is a great way to see any animals that may have been missed the first time around. The animals' behaviour also changes throughout the day so some that may have been less active in the morning, can be seen playing and exploring in the afternoon.

We are sorry to hear you felt that ticket price was expensive. This is bench marked against similar attractions and leisure destinations across the region, it also reflects the array of activities, talks and demonstrations, close encounters and experiences with the animals, that you can enjoy at the park.

Much like yourselves, a lot of visitors decided to come and spend a day with us when the weather is nice. This does result in the Park being slightly busier than usual, visitors are more than welcome to undertake the Road and Foot Safari in any order that they wish if they find one area to be too busy at any given time.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Chloë, Marketing Adminsitrator

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my family visited Woburn safari yesterday and had a wonderful time. Good access for my mother in law who requires a wheelchair, lots to do for my 5yo, and the Elephant Experience me and my partner went on was fantastic. The keepers were all really very friendly and knowledgeable. They didn't mind the barage of questions me and my partner had as well as others from the rest of the group. My only problem was... I didn't want to leave. I could have happily stood and watched the Elephants all day.

I did promise a picture with a hat, and I feel I delivered

Thanks again Woburn! We will be back in the future.

1  Thank ssambrown
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Really not a good place to visit. Lack of animals to see around the safari. Safari overcrowd with vehicles and drivers not following safety instructions. The attractions are lame. Over priced and mis advertised.

3  Thank Andrew G
Abigail C, Manager at Woburn Safari Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Andrew G,
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit to the park.
I would be interested to learn more from you, in regards to the specific reasons for the poor review you have given, as this isn't outlined in the information you provided here.

You say that the park "is not a good place to visit", and state that there is a "lack of animals", which is difficult to understand as we are a wild animal park, with a population of well over 1,000 individual animals.

You state the park "was overcrowded with vehicles and drivers not following safety instructions". The summer holiday season is a busy time at the park, and we are primarily a drive-through attraction, so you can expect to see many other visitors also visiting in their cars at this time of year. I'm sorry if the behaviour of other drivers had a negative impact on your day. The staff in the Road Safari try hard to ensure the park is safe environment, for the welfare of animals and visitors alike and the rules of park admission are stated clearly to all who enter, via the signage and handouts given on arrival.

You also say "the attractions were lame", which leads me to think perhaps a day out with wild animals, indoor and outdoor play areas, keeper talks and demonstrations and walk-through animal exhibits is simply not to your taste, as you don't offer any solid reason for this opinion.

I would be interested in understanding what you think we have advertised incorrectly, so we can review your complaint in more detail. We aim to provide all the necessary information via our website and advertisements, to allow visitors to make an informed decision before they visit. We would be pleased to discuss this in more detail with you, if you can please contact us on info@woburnsafari.co.uk so we can help you with any specific issues you experienced.

Your sincerely, Abi Crowley