“Could be so much better”
Review of Caprioli

Caprioli
Ranked #18 of 20 Restaurants in Woburn
Cuisines: British
UK
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Needs new decor and better sourced food (the panini bread was pretty tasteless). Tea was good (leaf tea, but even that wasn't great quality). Cost not too bad. Service not its strongest point.

I thought it was pretty awful, but my wife really liked it!

• Visited April 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“CRAPIOLI”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Totally agree with all the bad reviews, worst tea shop we have ever been in!!!!!
Our advise to the owner....give up!!! Oh you already have!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank debbie R
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Grumpy”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

went for a tea and tea cake at Capriolis - the only tea shop we saw. The owner? was as grumpy as could be. I was pre-occupied by (1) letting my wife know where I was and the mobile service was zero (2) a call of nature. He insisted on going through the menu in detail. I asked whether I could go down the road to tell my wife - we will be closed by the time you get back. The food was all right, I guess but I was harassed. No wonder it is 14/14 on TA.

Visited April 2014
Gibraltar
“Delicious scones and lovely tea.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went here on a Thursday afternoon. There were about 5 tables of people.

We had 2 jacket potatoes followed by cake and scones. The jacket potatoes were simple but tasty and the portions a good size. The cake was a large portion and very moist and delicious-probably not home made but nice none the less. The scones, jam and cream were DELICIOUS! The scones were home made and I highly recommend them. Again simple but tasty and really good value (scones were £2.50 for one or for £5 you could get a pot of tea for one and 2 scones). The tea was loose leaf.

The service wasn't the best but it wasn't bad either. We didn't wait to be seated or to order and our food didn't take long either. Ordering dessert and getting the bill was quick too. No the man serving who I think was the owner wasn't overly friendly but he was polite and said hi and goodbye and a prego here and there and the service wasn't bad. He was the only one serving.

In terms of decor, it doesn't look much but again it wasn't bad and very quaint. There are plenty of tables.

No it's not the Ritz. It is homely and quaint and very reasonable value for money. I would highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely appalling - avoid unless you like eating damp cardboard”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I stopped at Caproli for a light lunch and both agreed that it was the worst meal we had eaten in several years.

I ordered a toasted ham sandwich - simple enough you would think - but the bread was of the thinnest 'value' variety as was the ham while even the English Mustard (which came in a packet but only after asking twice) completely lacked flavour. Together they made for a lunch with all the flavour of damp cardboard,

My wife ordered a jacket potato with prawns and the prawns (should they really be called that when they are less than a centimetre long?) were tasteless and had clearly come from a can.

The only good news is that several hours have passed and we don't feel ill yet.

We won't be going to Caprioli again!

• Visited February 2014