“Too expensive, small portions, average food, incompetent service”
Review of Loch Fyne - Woburn

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The title sums it up.

King prawn starters: 5 small prawns on a bed of oil, no garnish is not a starter worth £7 (see photo)

Menus are written so small you can't read them, when we told the robotic waitress she answered "if any question just let me know".....we just told you we can't read them! She was ruthless.

They forgot to tell us they had no mussels only after we ordered.....mussels.

Chicken tagliatelle: too al dente even for an Italian, no seasoning.

The prawns starters come with bread, you don't tells us and let us order additional bread with our starters?

3 scallops....I mean 3 counted on the plate with some salad around....as a main course?

Altogether we spent £70 for a meal that was worth maybe £30 for London standards, and we were in Woburn.

"A pleasure to serve you" said the waitress at the end of our meal.

Not going back is an understatement.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We ate here for an anniversary meal as I particularly wanted lobster, my favourite. The lobster was delicious, as was my starter of potted crab. My OH was equally impressed with his ray fish and chilli prawns to start. Jess the waitress was exceptionally professional, a real asset to the restaurant, and Jess who took over when her shift finished was lovely too. There was a bit more of a wait than I would have expected midweek, but it was quite full, so that speaks volumes.
The a la carte is a bit pricey, but acceptable for a special occasion,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

A disaster of a meal from start to finish. Miserable person showed us to our table, then took an age to get served. Then waited an age to get our drinks, no bread offered, do not mind paying for it!
Eventually, when we ordered our food and it arrived, one of our group ordered lobster, forget it. Small, dried up and tasteless. I ordered skate wing, not to bad but the butter sauce, no where to be found, also supposed to come with boiled potatoes. When I asked the waiter, "not sure if I am mistaken but think this comes with potatoes", reply "no sir I am sure you are not mistaken" and walked off, three minutes later he arrives back with potatoes!
I do not blame the waiter, he tried to be helpful and friendly, clearly though he had no idea how to serve tables, what are the management doing in this place?
Not one person in our group of six enjoyed anything about our experience.
We did get the lobster and a bottle of wine off the bill, however, sorry Loch Fyne - Woburn, will never go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Plenty of fresh fish to choose from but it is rather expensive. Service is good and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Ate there on a midweek night but still busy. We were early compared to most people which was good as whilst ours came at a nice pace you got the impression others were waiting around a while for theirs

New guy serving us who whilst unsure on something's was friendly and polite and met all our requests

Enjoyed the food and would go again, just would make sure I got there before the rush!