“A great disappointment”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My partner & I had lunch there today & were so disappointed! The soup was lukewarm, the smoked salmon fish cake was mostly potato & the rhubarb cheesecake tasted awful with no taste of rhubarb at all! We will not be rushing back!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Popped in early Saturday evening for a quick bite. And it was business as usual. Good quality food (we both chose haddock, French fries and minted mushy peas) - but sadly the usual lack of management overview. We were told who our waitress would be - by the duty manageress? - only to find the manageress returned to take our order before our waitress introduced herself and attemped to repeat the ordering process. And so it goes on. I like staff to check on our opinion on the meal before us ... but 4 different staff interrupting while we ate just one course. Tiresome - and what a shame... Great quality food in a lovely setting. It just needs someone to take charge!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Have eaten here quite often the food is always superb however the service of late is reflecting on my review . We had a table booked 2000 and we were about ten minutes late however we were kept wAiting for our order to be taken which meant our main course did not appear until 2150 and I had slightly lost the will to eat by then ! Disappointed as never a cheap night out !! Quality expensive food requires quality service

Reviewed 11 March 2014

What can i say.... Well simple fantastic.
We were met by the Manager Jacob who made us very welcome.
Our server Tom was outstanding, and couldn't do enough for us.
As it was my Birthday my Husband ordered me a glass of Bubbly, when Jacob realised this he insisted it was on the house, how lovely.
The food was outstanding, the service impeccable.
I have eaten in many places over the years as you would expect having reached sixty, but i can honestly say that this tops them all.
Amazing staff and wonderful food cooked by a very talented Chef.
Thanks to all who made my Birthday very special.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I can recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal. Staff are very friendly and efficient.