“Groupon Deal”

City Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of Temple Quarter, with views overlooking Temple Gardens, Recess offers a wide variety of dishes that can be enjoyed at any time of the day or evening. Recess offers fantastic value with light bites, an array of burgers, salads and pasta dishes in a modern setting. The recently refurbished outdoor terrace is very popular throughout the year with young professionals and our weekend revellers, with a retractable canopy and heating for your comfort. The recent enhancements provides both lounge seating and restaurant style for you to enjoy throughout the year. Continuing on our reputation for providing excellent value and high quality food over the years in Recess, our newly appointed Head Chef's creative approach to local and international produce ensures this is at the heart of all he does. Not your typical hotel restaurant, we like to think our service and food quality speak for themselves. Ideally located for business lunches or a romantic evening out.
Bristol
“Groupon Deal”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a fantastic meal on a groupon deal with my husband 2 saturday ago , it was the best out of all the deals.

The food was !00% we even sent a message to the chef. Deal 2 courses 2 people £16.50 it was so good i bought another on Monday when i cam to work. Customer service spot on. Very good price even with out the voucher.

“Always very good”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Fifth visit here and every time it is lovely. Top service, fresh delicious food with a good wine list.

Visited February 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good for a hotel based cafe/restaurant”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is now part of the Hilton Garden Inn hotel. I ate lunch her with a colleague simply due to its location/convenience - I had low expectations as it was part of the hotel, and was pleasantly surprised. My salad was fresh and tasty, and the french fries were really good too. Service was friendly and attentive. There are more interesting venues around this area of Bristol, but I would recommend and return, particularly if I stay in the adjacent hotel again. It is also suited to a wide range of visitors. Not the best value cafe, I presume as it is linked to the Hotel Chain.

• Visited August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had a very enjoyable meal at the City Café on 3lst May. The food and the service was perfect. Would certainly recommend this restaurant, which is conveniently placed for the City Centre, and we will visit again.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“I heard better things about this place.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Of course, this is now the Hilton. To be fair, I was on a package and restricted to a set menu, which was not to my taste. The first time I was there, they lost my reservation (presumably in the confusion of it being so busy) and the second time, despite it not being busy, my dessert took forever and was stale. Will not be going back.

Visited May 2013