Royal Hotel
US$114
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$82
US$154
US$113
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$97
US$93
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Apparently you can rent the rooms by the hour - say no more! Its filthy dirty and I had to place my suitcase by the door for security. There was no where to hang your clothes (not that you would want to stay at this place). Can't comment on the food as there was no way I would eat anything prepared here.

Like others go a junction down the motorway and book another hotel - stay away!!!

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fire H
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This hotel was dirty. The restaurant was like a transport cafe! Everything was old and shabby. Would never stay there again even if it was free. Far better hotels in the area for around the same price.

Room Tip: Don't bother!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elliemaemae
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed in this Hotel whilst working in Bristol. It is a bit of a trek to and from bristol however at the time the Bristol Hotels were showing a big lack of availability at the time.

The Room was okay Tired looking decor but the bed was reasonable and the bathroom was okay shower was powerful and it had a bath.

Breakfast was in the cafe downstairs this was also okay

The Bar is frequented by the locals and this can be a little daunting if you want a nightcap but once we had a natter they were quite cool really.
Massive DVD library available if you have a laptop with you.

Curry house over the road was excellent.

Good parking and overall my stay was okay.

Improvements would be freshen up the decor in the rooms and hallways.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is the first poor review I've ever written. I booked this hotel because it was close to where I had business the next day. As a woman travelling alone I was genuinely afraid here. It was old, dirty, the sash windows were rotten and the draft from them made the tatty thin curtains bellow. I couldn't believe where I was staying. In the end, knowing I'd never sleep, I booked a Premier Inn a junction up the motorway and I'm sitting now in a big clean bed having had a good hot bath and a nice cuppa feeling safe and warm. I'm sure there is a place for such hotels but at £50 for a night, you could get much much better. My advice would be to give the Royal Hotel a very wide berth. It felt like a homeless hostel or something like that.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank t_hornbuckle
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I had a pleasent stay back in Feb while on a business trip.

The girl in the office who checked me in was a bit miserable, but I found all the other staff to be warm and friendly, especially the Asian lady who checked me out of the hotel the following day - she tried so hard to make me stay for breakfast, but sadly I had to shoot off first thing.

My room/bathroom was clean, TV worked and my bed was extremely comfortable. The fridge was stocked with complimentary bottles of cold water, which I thought was a nice touch. There was a bottle of "luxury" handwash in the bathroom, which was covered in died soap and a bit gross - that's my only complaint with the room really.

The decor was quite interesting; the downstairs is plastered with nude/semi-nude paintings, which I found quite interesting, being an artist. I can imagine this isn't everyone's cup of tea (especially families) - I didn't mind though. Other than that, everything seemed clean and tidy.

The bar is a real interesting place and I met a few real characters while I was there. There was a bit of a language barrier with some of them, but it was all quite entertaining. Beer wasn't cheap, but it's a hotel.

Over all it was great, I enjoyed it. I'd rather stay here where there's a bit of character, than some lifeless PAlouetteremier Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business