“Never Visit this restaurant if you are spending money to go out”
Review of Flavourz Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Flavourz Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Italian, Chinese, Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Never Visit this restaurant if you are spending money to go out”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The service in this restaurant is terrible. I am from London and a local friend took us to this restaurant as a treat on Saturday,26 Jul 2014 evening. I hate to say how disappointed I am. The staff in the open live cooking area are arguing in front of the customer. I really can not believe it. The quality of serving and treating customers is like that they are holding some charity food event. Well I would strongly discourage anybody to visit this awkward place and its a total waste of your money. If the owners/ Managers of this restaurant are reading this review " You guys have to learn a lot about simple customer service". Please understand people do not come to eat out because they do not have food in their homes

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Leverkusen, Germany
“A place to satisfy everyone but not to "wow" them”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

After a busy days sightseeing in Bristol we needed to find somewhere to eat for dinner which met everyones taste in our party. With a 12 year old in tow that is never easy. We stumbled on Flavourz and decided to give it a go. We were soon seated and got the hang of the way of doing things here - simply grab a plate and fill it with whatever you fancy from the extensive international buffet. The trendy waitress completely forgot us when it came to ordering drinks but we eventually got that corrected by insisting! I went for the Happy Hour double of Long Island Iced tea. Unfortunately I think that the barmaid (who also doubled as our waitress) forgot the alcohol but was very generous on the ice.
The food itself was quite good. I liked the range of oriental dishes including Thai & Indian. For some reason I found myself chomping on more papadums and lime pickle than was good for me. I couldn't find much Mexican except for a huge bowl of nachos and some salsa. I liked playing with the chocolate fountain for dessert - the marshmallows/grapes in warm chocolate were great.
All of our party found something they liked and, for the price, we found the whole experience quite reasonable. This restaurant seemed particularly popular with the 6 o'clock brigade - by the time that we left ca. 20:30 it was almost empty.

• Visited July 2014
Cheshire
“Pick a cuisine and stick to it”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Service was ok, and I suppose value for money if you have no taste buds. A large selection of different cuisines, but unfortunately none of them done well.

Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“lovely grub”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went on Fathers Day & had booked although there was plenty of room so probably not necessary. The price had not been increased for Fathers Day which was a bonus & was £9.95 serving all day from 12 to 9, I believe. There is no rush to get you to leave once seated unlike Zsa Zsa where you only get 1 hr 45 mins I think. Contrary to previous posts you do not pay before you are seated but when you have finished. The staff are mostly not native english speakers but they are very willing & pleasant. The soft drinks have free refills & a large jug of water is provided on request without demur, unlike other buffet restaurants we've visited.
There was an excellent choice of food. As well as the usual curry based dishes there was a whole salmon & roast beef which was very good quality. The curries are always the best option here & were all very tasty particularly the thai based veg curry which was spicy hot. There was a caribbean beef curry which was delicious & the meat was beautifully tender. The chef cooked a naan read freshly on request & you can also have a rice pancake cooked to order. Admittedly the choice of protein for the stir fry is not as good as it used to be as there are no prawns but I always found the stir fry quite oily anyway. The so-called choice of Italian, Chinese, Mexican is just a gesture. There was a pizza but I didn't see any pasta this visit or Mexican but to be honest you don't eat here for that. You go for the curries & the Indian/Thai based meals as they are the best.
There was also a good choice of desserts, chocolate cake, a banoffee type cake, 2 little moussey type cakes, apple crumble & custard - which is new - jelly, plenty of fruit & self serve Mr Whippy ice cream - delish! I like the carrot cake they have but its not served very often.
I do wonder what people expect for less than a tenner. It's not gourmet but its tasty, you can eat as much as you like & its a pleasant place to eat. I never get to eat everything I want as I'm too full after a couple of plates. We will certainly keep coming back, as far as we are concerned this is the best food & best value of the 3 buffet restaurants in Bristol.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was so bad ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Me boyfriend. When this afternoon
Food was nasty curry to hot
Not much. Food Chinese. Nasty India. Was nice nan beads was Ok