“This is a gem”
Review of Bambalan

Bambalan
Ranked #478 of 1,793 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is amazing an amazing atmosphere great service from our waiter,ordered the lamb and chicken big bam bab. Lamb was succulent and chicken grilled to my liking a great place

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a work social event and really enjoyed both the drinks and the food. We started the night on the terrace with some cocktails - definitely something Bristol is lacking and the location has some decent views towards the harbour. Went inside for food and although it took a little long, no one had any complaints. Really good menu, decently priced and with plenty of different dishes that I hadn’t seen elsewhere. Would recommend trying.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This place is very close to work, so we went there for lunch. Waited for 20 minutes for someone to take our order and then another 30 minutes, before we started asking about our food. One waiter was very rude and said ‘I don’t know’ and the other one said ‘10 minutes’, we waited another 10 minutes and then decided to leave as our lunch break was over. On our way out one of the waitresses gave us a snarky comment. We were baffled by the whole experience. It was a weekday lunch, they had 3 members of staff and only a handful of tables. No reason for the food to take this long and definitely no reason to being so rude. There are plenty of lovely restaurants in Bristol, don’t recommend Bambalan.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Having been recommended this restaurant and checking their menu online I wasn't sure if there would be something I would enjoy - BUT amazingly it was really good even though I couldn't finish my order.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Enjoyed the experience and food. The ambiance is open, and quality of food is good. We enjoyed a selection of starters with the group and each of us had a main. The service was great and we did not need to wait long even though the place was nearly packed on a thursday night. Prices are okay and welcoming people again. Will for sure visit again when i'm visiting Bristol again.