“Not like the website describes!”

Hotel24seven Bristol
Ranked #44 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I wish I'd read the reviews before I booked! I booked this for a friend for his 3 day break in Bristol. He was really looking forward to watching some tv (as he doesn't have one at home) and having a wander round the city. The access code wasn't sent and nobody answered the phone which caused some anxiety but eventually I managed to contact the "concierge" and he gave me the code. The tv didn't work so 30% of the break wasn't fulfilled. The wash basin had no plug which made washing difficult! Re Aggelos P, my friend is the sort of person who WILL NEVER COMPLAIN so is the ideal guest! I certainly won't ever book this place again.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bushkate

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Booked a room here through booking.com in April. On arrival they claimed to have no knowledge of my booking, forcing me to book elsewhere at greater cost. Three days later the hotel charged me for the room. Repeated letters and calls from me and from booking.com were ignored, so I was forced to use the courts to get my money back five months later. So - don't yse this hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I did not receive the entrance code so phoned two hours before arrival to be told that the hotel had overbooked and that we could not stay. The staff claimed to have been trying to call me for two days to advise but I definitely had not received or missed any calls. I suspect that this was a lie as they also said that booking.com had been trying to contact me to notify as to the overbooking but when I spoke to booking.com they were not aware that the hotel had been over booked.

We had booked the hotel months in advance because it was close to a wedding we were attending. In the end we had to stay on a friend's sofa which significantly impaired our enjoyment of the weekend. The lady I spoke to was also very unhelpful and did not appear to sympathise with us or show any remorse for the hotel's blatant error.

I am extremely disappointed and would not recommend given that a booking here is clearly not worth the paper it is written on. Very poor.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here to visit the Gromit Unleashed trail. It is in a good location, as it within walking distance to the city centre. The room was fairly small, with a shower in the room itself. It was clean and tidy. I didn't receive the access code, but someone answered the phone and was able to provide us with the code we needed. We were impressed that we could leave our luggage in the room before we checked in as this was useful to us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine F
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We booked a two night stay in a 'deluxe' double room!! over August bank holiday to visit our daughter.
The positives were clean bed linen & towels, good parking & a friendly staff member.
The negatives - our first floor room fronted Deans lane which was noisy in the extreme throughout the night & early hours of the morning. The general standard of the room was shabby, i.e dirty carpets, scuffed walls included toothpaste on bathroom wall! scuffed fridge, window blind wouldn't close, small shower cubicle & low water pressure, wobbly toilet seat.
Needless to say we couldn't face the second night & left early. WE WON'T BE GOING BACK!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

first of all I would like to say that this hotel is adequate for my stay of two nights , I would go as far as to say it was very comfortable.
however around 11 o clock doors banged and voices raised did not help in the sleep process this carried on for about an hour each night and was irritating to say the least.
The drawer in one of the chest of drawers was broken ,there was a tap in the bathroom that was ready to come away from its fittings .
in stating these problems overall it was a good stay .good idea of a fridge in each room and with ASDA two minutes walk away this served me well.
the central position of the hotel is brilliant as my son lives around the corner so this was a huge plus.
I like the fact that I was supposed to book in at 3 pm and I arrived at 1:30 Pm and could access my room a definite plus.
Like I mentioned Comfortable bed good nights sleep after 12 a good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you know your log In details to let you in~ this hotel is automated check in .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Excellent and ood value.Well located,close from city center,well furnished(there is a fridge in the room ) all you need for a 4 nights stay with fully furnished kitchen,staff very helpful (if you need they are there for you any time)automated system works very well i feel secure.Asda is just a 2 minutes away great to make your on food and also info at lobby show you some god addresses for take away or delivery options.all in one a very good experience and i recommend and return for sure.

Room Tip: chose a ensuite room they are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple