1,465 results
All reviewstrain stationknights templarwetherspoons pubtemple meadscar parkcity centrebuilding workpay and displayshort stayclean hotelcomfortable beddecent sizemin walkshower roombeanscabot circusreception staff
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spend 3 nights in Ibis. Good hotel, location was just perfect for me. Service was good, nice breakfasts and dinners to. Toilet was very small, but the room was big enough. I will consider choosing Ibis during my next stay in Bristol.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. I am was really glad to read that your experience of all our hotel services were up to your standards and our staff made you feel welcome here. We hope to welcome back again. Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very clean and comfortable budget hotel, ideally located for Temple Meads station - but difficult to find now that a new building is "hiding" it !! No signposting at all made a 5 minute walk take half an hour - even though several people tried to help with their sat navs!!

On the positive side, we were offered an upgrade to a much larger room as the hotel was not too busy ( having only been offered the option of a standard twin room on the internet). Unfortunately this didn't happen on check in, but was offered shortly afterwards when we went to the bar / restaurant. This meant that our bags had to be relocated, but only around the corner! The second room was very spacious with 4 windows. The shower "cabins" in all rooms are slightly strange, but perfectly functional, and the curtains were rather ill-fitting. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff made you feel welcome. At the same time it was dissapointing to read that you did not manage to find the hotel right away from the train station and it took you long to get here. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to attend a meeting at a nearby pub. The hotel is well situated for the station, and not too far from the town centre. It does not have a car park, but there is a car park with plenty of spaces just down the road.
Check-in was fine. The member of staff was pleasant and helpful.
The room was spacious. The facilities were basic, as you would expect in a budget hotel. The shower was warm and the temperature well regulated.
The downside was breakfast. The tables were strewn with crockery from previous people's breakfasts, which hadn't been cleared. The table we eventually occupied was filthy. The food was poor. There was no fresh fruit salad. Cereals were basic. There were no fried eggs available, and no staff to ask. In all it was a dire experience. The only decent aspect of the breakfast was the coffee, which despite the fact that it came from a machine, was good.
To cap it all, we waited for a prolonged time to check out. There was a large queue and only one member of staff on duty. If this is typical of an Ibis Hotel, I'll not use one again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the recent stay. I was glad to read that your in room stay was up to your expectations, however I was very dissapointed to hear about the poor breakfast experience. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to confirm that I have discussed your comments with our restaurant team and we have taken the necessary measures to avoid such situations from happening again. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Ibis hotel for a recent festival in Bristol. The staff were friendly and the rooms were kept clean. Food in the hotel restaurant was good but a bit pricey i.e. one of my friends got a chicago town pizza for a tenner (you can buy it in a shop for £3 - so this is a huge mark-up in price), I went for a gammon steak which didn't disappoint and was really tasty. The down side of the hotel is lack of functioning air-con in the rooms (in three rooms on different floors this didn't work). Another issue is lack of parking. There's a pay and display the next street down but costs £10/day or £40/week. Overall an OK stay for reasonable price and was close enough to the town and 2 mins walk from the venue so can't complain too much. Recommended for a short trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and rooms clean and welcoming. Thank you also for telling us your experience with dinner meals. I will look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back again to the Ibis Bristol Temple Meads. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for one night on a recent visit to Bristol, mainly because it is dog friendly and was close the the venue we were visiting.
It is a new, clean hotel, well located in Bristol. Quiet, but just a short walk into the centre, the train station, and the quay. There is very limited on street parking, free outside working hours, and a paid parking-lot a short walk away.
There was some confusion at check-in, as we were travelling with friends who had apparently been given our room, with it's requested cot, and they had no record of the dogs, although I had written to, and phoned, the hotel to advise them. There was a charge of £5 per dog made at check-in, but they also kindly gave us a larger room with plenty of room for everyone.
The room was a very large corner room, with an entry hall, which was more than big enough to use as a bedroom for the cot. The bathroom is a self-contained 'pod', which may have some drainage issues judging by the odour, but was clean. We were told by reception that this was a triple room, but you can't seem to book them on the website, and they aren't in the photos.
I had breakfast the next morning, which had a good selection of items and was reasonably priced.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. I was glad to read that you have enojoyed your stay overall and please accept my sincere apologies for the mishap at the check-in. We always welcome feedback, as it allows us to improve on the quality of services offered. We hope to welcome your family and your dog back again in the future.

Kind regards,