“OK for a night” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne
“OK for a night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

A bit out of the way in an area with few services.

If you looking for a central/city type location may not suit you. If you looking for somewhere cheap just to put your head for the night definitely OK.

Clean comfortable 3* room. Free Wi-Fi

No air-conditioning, No toiletries.

Bathroom is a module similar to on-board a ship. Roomy but a bit noisy - floor creaks, shower noisy, etc - not an issue if staying by yourself - if you are sharing with someone else then noise may be a problem.

Breakfast buffet - hot foods were "cold". Poor selection/choice. Probably better off getting something to eat on the road rather than paying for what they offer here.

NO pool gym or anything like that. Just somewhere to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad your experience matched your expectations and enjoyed your visit overall. I hope we can welcome you back very soon. Kind regards.

Andrey Belogortsev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Good location within close proximity to the city centre about a 10 minute walk. Nothing too exciting within the immediate area as it's mostly being built or businesses. Room was clean, was not too keen on the bed and didn't sleep too well as it was a bit soft.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TroddlaT
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I was glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay overall and found our rooms clean. At the same time, I am sorry that our beds were too soft for your liking. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back. Kind regards.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I would rate this hotel highly not just three stars!, the rooms are massive and very clean!, the staff are very helpful and couldn't do enough for us! Great place to stay! It was hard to find with the road works by the station, but we found it! The bar and restaurant was very relaxed and peaceful!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments here. It is always a great pleasure for me and my team to read that you, one of our many guests, have had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Kind regards.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Parking to unload and check in is non existent, location leaves a lot to be desired. Shower in room had hardly any pressure and when I mentioned it on check out member of staff didn't really seem interested. Overall was totally overpriced for the facilities offered. On a positive note the male member of staff who was on reception when we checked in was extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your stay. I was really glad to read that you found our staff to be welcoming on check in. At the same, I was very sorry to hear that your shower pressure was not up to your standards and you had difficulties parking while loading. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you ever need park again to have a quick access to the hotel, please use the loading bay at the side of the hotel. I can also confirm that our maintenance engineer has checked the shower pressure in your room to make sure it is at the right level.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it is invaluable to improve our product and services on offer. Kind regards.

Andrey Belogortsev

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I got a little scared when 4 people I asked at the Bristol Meads Train Station did not know where this hotel is located. Common sense told me that if the hotel is located in Temple Meads and the train station is in Temple Meads, they should be pretty closed to each other! Note that people I asked include bus drivers outside the Train Station and uniformed Train Station employees. The other issue is that I already paid for my 4 nights stay at this hotel!

A young fellow overhead my asking for directions and he tried to use his phone to locate the hotel for me. He volunteered to walk with me towards the direction pointed by his phone and after 30 minutes of walking, we finally found the hotel.

Due to the construction of another high rise building across from the hotel, there are some barricades. After I checked-in at my hotel room, I could easily see the trains traveling to/from the Bristol Meads Train Station. They are indeed very closed to each other.

GOOD FEATURES: 1. Spacious, very clean quiet room. Room assigned to me is exactly opposite the high rise building under construction, but I could not hear any sound/noise from outside.

2. Reasonable price = US$65 per night.

3. Location: five minute walk to the Train Station (once you know your directions). Buses going to the city center start/stop their routes in front of the Train Station. I traveled to Bath (by train), Glastonbury and Wells (by Bus # 376) and using this hotel as my Home Base was perfect.

4. Stop for the Bristol Citysightseeing Bus Tour - I joined the tour near the Train Station and got off there after my tour was finished. I saved my GBP for the bus fare.

BAD FEATURES: Location - away from the city center. I have to take the bus and pay (4 GPB) for a day pass to go to the city center. There is not much information or help from the Front Desk personnel as the hotel caters more to people traveling on business than tourist like me.

CONCLUSION: Weighing both the good and bad features of this hotel, I would still stay at this hotel. It served my purpose of having a Home Base in Bristol. I should have prepared how to access the hotel from the Train Station.

Hotel Ibis - should put some notices in their website about accessing their hotel from Bristol Meads Train Station. It would be a great help for Solo Travelers like me, visiting Bristol for the first time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here about your recent stay with us at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads. I was really glad to read that you called our hotel your "home base". It is very satisfying for the team to know that their service efforts have been appreciated.

At the same time I was sorry to find out that it took you quite a while to get to the hotel on arrival. Indeed the access and visibility of the hotel, unfortunately somewhat hindered by the building works going on right now. If you ever need to find the hotel directions again please check on ibis.com under location tub.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the future. Kind regards.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights prior to flying out to Iceland.

We didn't opt for breakfast as we wanted to explore the possibilities in Bristol so can't comment on that but dinner was adequate but better to eat out in one of Bristol's brilliant eateries. Harts Bakery and a Yurt are only two of many options close to the hotel.

The surprisingly good features were the size of the bedroom for the price charged and the supremely comfortable bed. The downside was the corridor was overheated and our own room was rather hot. We couldn't get the temperature control to work but resolved it by opening the window. Bathroom was very clean, functional and with a good powerful shower.

The location is right near the railway station - use the side entrance to head towards the river and the footbridge over the river to take you straight to the hotel. You can also pick up the Bristol flyer bus from the station forecourt.

The staff are welcolming and courteous. There is a safety deposit box which is free and very useful if you are nervous about leaving all your travel documents, passports, valuables etc in your room.

This is nothing fancy but is a good budget option if you want to stop over before a flight without breaking the bank

Room Tip: Just be aware you are in the city centre, near to a railway station so you can't sleep and HAVE...