Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,406 results
All reviewstrain stationwetherspoons pubtemple meadscar parkcity centrebuilding workpay and displayshort stayclean hotelcomfortable beddecent sizemin walkshower roomcabot circusreception staffgood nights sleepnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Modern hotel, typical Ibis room (modular bathroom), very handy for station and close to city centre. Staff were friendly and helpful, room very clean and spacious. Bed a little hard, even for me and I like a firm bed. No plug next to bed which is a shame. Aircon, hairdryer, big mirror, great shower, modern TV, kettle, free wifi. Everything you could want really, and a very sensible priced breakfast (7.95). All in, a great place to stay.

Location: From the train station, when coming off the platforms don't turn left to the taxi rank, but instead continue straight on, through an old engine shed and out towards the new waterside development. Turn right when you come to the road and follow the footpath, cross the pedestrian bridge over the river and the hotel is on the opposite side of the building you face. Currently it is under construction, but once finished I imagine you could continue straight on to the hotel. For now make a left, after a few yards turn right between the two buildings and after a short distance at the road side you will see the Ibis on the opposite side and to the right.

Between leaving the station and crossing the river, there are various shops, cafes, starbucks, weatherspoons, and other places to eat in the central outdoor area.

Getting to city centre / waterfront is a 15 minute easy walk, all on the flat. Heading back as if to the station, keep straight on and follow the road instead of turning left for the station at the corner shop. At the big roundabout bear left and over to Redcliffe and go straight over the big river road bridge, to Queen square and cross it diagonally and you are right into the heart of the city.

Breakfast: good selection of hot and cold. Various fresh breads too. Bacon was excellent and proper sausages and nice mushrooms, beans etc. Hash browns although cooked well had gone a little soft due to being under a closh; would be better in open dish under heat lamp. Scrambled egg didn't look great, but actually was ok. No fried egg on display, although I imagine they could be requested. Coffee was fab (enjoyed it more than the starbucks the night before). Is from beans in a self service machine. Can recommend the latte, and also takeout cups available (so I had one for the road too!).

Excellent value for more, especially with the free wifi and sensible priced breakfast.

Room Tip: If you like watching the trains, get a high floor ;)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I am glad you enjoyed your visit overall and all our services exceeded your expectations. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future for another great stay and a cup of our wonderful coffee! Kind regards.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Check in by lovely friendly staff. Nice clean room and comfortable bed. Location ideal for Temple Meads Station but a trek into the city. General store,Starbucks and Wetherspoons nearby and a couple of bars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Guest,

I am very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good easy access, parkng could be a problem with construction work going on around the area, nice clean room, pretty basic breakfast, evening meal was a nightmare, took so long to get and half the things on the menu were not available

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the points your raised about the dinner service personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back very soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms clean and spacious. 3 minute walk from Templemeads station if you go the right way. Long stay parking available in the station too. Staff very helpful and polite. A couple of bars very close by. Breakfast a typical buffet but perfectly edible. A great place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lizzieloufrench

Dear Guest,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we are glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads. Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It had been a long and grim day, tearing headlong down the M5, shaken by the inescapable reality of landing in an Ibis Hotel, hearing the echoes of Partridge cavorting through my head. I stared down the motorway, all gritted teeth and heavy heart.

I've stayed in Bristol before at a godforsaken joint on a roundabout on the way into town, but at least it was on the the way into town. It quickly becomes apparent that either my Satnav is broken, or I'm being left out to dry like a dog on the Fringes of Oblivion. Ugh. It's the latter.

After wrestling with the traditional UK Hotel nonsense of 'zero-parking' and ducking into multiple alleyways to avoid the marauding hoardes of The Prozac Nation of Hen Parties our cities have become, I made it to the Ibis. Reception was a weird blend of stark and plastic modern lines and the standard British Service Industry ethic of hiding in the office to avoid speaking to, you know, customers.

Once I got into the room I felt disconnected from the real world. It was as if I had become a strangely sanitised lab rat in this moulded, modular space. The bathroom was a single moulded piece, and the bed, whilst comfortable (as cheap beds go) faced a flatscreen TV which wasn't straight. I used my mobile phone to ascertain it was at an slope of 9 degrees, and then fell into a deep slumber, awoken by the harrowing image of Cilla Black erupting from my moulded cubicle with the words 'SURPRISE SURPRISE' spewing from her ample mouth.

Horrified I checked out early, and made my way to the nearest osteopath to get that 9 degree crick in my neck corrected.

Stay here at your peril my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
21  Thank shackforce
Andrey_Belogortsev, General Manager at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments here. I am sorry we failed to live up to your expectations and if you would like to talk about the matter further, please feel free to call me on 0117 954 3600 or email me on h6593@accor.com. Kind regards.