“Excellent value”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had lunch here the other day with our grandson and found the meal delicious. The three of us had different dishes and they came with rice and nan bread. It's not our first time here and the service has always been excellent and the surroundings very pleasant. At £6.45 each it was amazing value .

1  Thank sylviabarry

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went to the Tikka Flame lunchtime after walking out of the Slug and Lettuce for the barman's bad service and attitude.

Had the £6.45 curry offer which had the Nan bread and Rice. Food excellent and couldn't fault the manageress and waiter who were both very pleasant and professional. Bill came to £25 with wine and lager and extra poppadum's. Will definitely use again when in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I didn't know you could mess up Chicken Tikka Masala. Apparently you can.

Service was good but the food was not. Went with a large group so we tasted several dishes. Not even worth describing further. Just skip the place.

1  Thank StuckOnTravels
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It's supposed to be England's National Dish, isn't it? A rare blend of herbs and spices that create the magic only India can be responsible for. Well, if it's done properly, that is. I love Indian food. I know I'm hardly in the minority. I've been privileged enough to eat some of the best ( and that doesn't mean the most expensive ) and have fairly high standards when it comes to a curry. So, I was full of anticipation when I visited 'Tikka Flame' in Bristol's 'Millennium Square' the other night. We were offered a table outside, which was great. The service was a little pushy and as the restaurant was empty inside, this seemed a little churlish. However, we went with it. The usual Poppadum and Mixed Pickle appetiser was fine; it would take a real no-hoper to mess that up. However, the main courses were poor, really poor. My Chicken Tikka Jal-Frezi was bland and almost flavourless. Too much tomato and not enough chilli or onion; almost that epitome of dreadfulness, the Tikka Masala. My friend's dish was so unappetising, I can't even remember what it was. I tasted it, but it, too, was so awful, it slipped my mind completely. The Matar Paneer was acceptable, but that was it. The only thing that saved the day was the bill. As we'd used 'Table Pouncer', the food was 50% cheaper. To be honest though, if it hadn't been, I would have complained. In a city that offers some wonderful Indian food, this place really has to up its game if it wants to compete. What a shame...

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to have a quick lunch at the Docks after visiting Uni It was clean and airy, good service and a great set menu. Beautiful presentation of food and really tasty