“Proper lush roast and all round winner of a pub”
Review of The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse
Ranked #535 of 1,884 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Had a great experience at this homely and welcoming pub. Firstly so many good ales on offer, bar snacks to die for and the main event an awesome roast dinner everything you could want done properly. Excellent meat and great veg, would drive miles to have a roast here literally!

A must for a few beers and snacks, proper good pies and a sunday retreat with a great roast and cosy surroundings.

Also great music and staff.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank lexn2015

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

An absolutely amazing pub, been here several times now for drinks, pie, Sunday roasts are spectacular. I'm a meat eater but I always go for the vegan haggis, it's fantastic!

The puppy mini is very friendly and my pup likes to say hello! Dog friendly and, um, generally friendly.

Totally recommended!

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Tim E
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I go for the cider and beer :) Oh and the puppy. And the Sunday roasts. And the quirky locals. And the fire.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Great addition to the area, something we have been in need of. Such a nice little boozer. We love an easy weeknight or a great weekend. New Years was ace! Love the hidden party room and of course little Minnie (the dog).

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Kcf1006
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I thought I would check this place out today as I has been open for a bit now.
When I saw it being done up I knew it would be a welcome addition to Church Road but there was a slight worry that it may be a bit hipster and overpriced for the privilege but it actually seemed really down to earth. It was done up but not too much, nice and relaxed and will definitely come back.

Date of visit: January 2017