“We're regulars, love the food!”
Review of Tampopo - CLOSED

Tampopo
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Tampopo we bring you the authentic tastes of Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan and Korea through healthy, high-quality food at value-for-money prices with quick, friendly service.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We regularly eat at Tampopo and have tried it at lunchtime and on a Saturday evenings before. We keep going back because the food always tastes so fresh and full of flavour. The staff are always attentive and efficient. The only minor quibble is sometimes the music can be too loud on occasion but was turned down quickly when we mentioned it so we could continue our conversation without raising our voices. We're moving away in a few months and are going to miss our favourite restaurant in Bristol!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm not going to write about the food as we had to get it to take away after our daughter threw up all over the table and herself within 10 seconds of being there. The staff were ace, especially the manager. Thanks guys :) Suffice to say it was our wedding anniversary and we quite often go here when we have the kids in tow as it always performs.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Not wanting the usual pizza/pasta restaurant we usually have to frequent with the children. My husband and I on a weekend away decided we wanted Asian. Bristol does not have many Asian restaurants apparently. We were staying close to Cabot Circus and I looked up the reviews for Tampopo on Tripadvisor. Reviews were generally good. My husband wanted something a bit more 'grown up' but I persuaded him to try as the choice was limited. We were not disappointed. Whilst the atmosphere is pre and post cinema, quick in and out, we did not feel uncomfortable for taking out time and staying a while. The food was excellent. Fresh, flavorsome, plentiful portions and served beautifully. I know this is a chain but both my husband and I have lived in various places in Asia and we agreed the food was on a par with what we have eaten in Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand. We enjoyed it so much we ordered take away the following night for a night in front of the TV in our hotel. It was equally as good and was very well packaged. Would recommend.

1  Thank hampshirewillows
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Visited here with my friend and the food was out of this world and the service was quick, the staff were polite, the atmosphere was relaxing, no faults whats so ever. right next to the Cinema, Ideal location if you want to watch a movie after dinner

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

In a nutshell the food was fine for £9.95 though the corn fritters were overcooked mini tasteless frisbees. The mains were nice, can't grumble BUT asked for more chilli (we like heat) and got charged for them and the eejit waiter spilt the load when clearing the plates and splashed grease onto my jacket. It wasn't til we left that I realised the extent of the damage. A £200 coat ruined. He offered to take the price of the chillis off the bill (50p!) as a goodwill gesture. My cleaning bill will cost more than the meal!!! Ok food but sloppy service and extras way overpriced. Won't return.

1  Thank MrsG1975