“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clifton Serviced Apartments

Clifton Serviced Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Clifton Serviced Apartments
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Have got friends in Clifton so we stayed here. Great place could not be a better location for Clifton 5 min walk to all the bars and restaurants and only a 2min walk to Bristol city centre. The room we had was very clean TV in kitchen and bedroom. Stayed on the third floor which has a lovely roof terrace. To be honest I have stayed in worse 5 star hotels in this country.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Got to meridian place an rang th number was told to ring, the girl who caame to show us to our roomn was really nice and attentive, the room was spotless with everythin we needed in, and the location was brilliant! Right off clifton triangle. Coming to bristol in october and will definatrly book again, our room was on the same floor as the roof terracce which was nice to sit an have a coffee in the morning, overall a brilliant stay and will defnatly be back!

• Stayed August 2011
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Unsure what the negative reviews are about. Stayed for the weekend to visit friends in Bristol. Firstly the location couldn't be much better, situated right in the heart of clifton. The room was modern and well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. Nothing i asked for was too much trouble. All in all a very good experience. Would definatly stay again 10/10.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
East Midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for the stag do in July 2011. Firstly we read the reviews on here and made sure we had access codes etc. We were told apartment 8 and 9 could be converted into one apartment. This was obviously not true and we had 2 seperate apartments!

Positives:
1) Location - close to restaurants/bars etc and in a safe neighbourhood

Negatives:
1) We had apartments 5,6,7,8 and 9 and all were very tiny, the pictures do not show the true picture. The double beds are tiny and the lounge's are very small indeeed.
2) Nothing in the room worked! - this included showers (some got cold water and others no water at all), tv's didnt work, lights didnt work
3) Bathroom amnetities were not re stocked and the landlady was not an easy person to get hold of.

Overall, avoid this place if you can as whilst the location is good, the place is in need of serious upgrading.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank VT1984

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Bristol UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I booked 4 apartments for my hen do after being told by Ann-Marie that she could convert all the bedrooms into twin rooms. She charged me an extra £50 for the 'work' involved in doing that. When I spoke to her the day before she told me she had not managed to change the rooms, but made no mention of refunding my £50. I had to book an extra 2 apartments so there was room for all my friends and family, I understood that she was not making any further charge as it had been her mistake.

When we arrived at the apartments I realised how laughable it was that she had pretended they could be twin rooms. The bedrooms are tiny and all the beds are enclosed in fitted wardrobes.

The overall quality of the fittings was terrible, and the apartments were dirty. The door to our apartment could not be closed as it got wedged shut and we ended up trapped inside. We had to sleep with our door propped open so we could get out in the event of a fire, if I had been there alone I would have felt very uneasy about leaving my door open like that.

Worst of all, the day after our stay a further £180 has been deducted from my account with no explanation and without my consent. I have had to contact my bank to report a fraudulent transaction.

DO NOT STAY HERE - these people are dishonest and the accommodation is appalling.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank SHickson
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

I was booked to stay here for 3 nights working in Bristol in May 2011.

Good:
- Location...close to Clifton village

Bad:
- Room size is not great
- Parking is very limited

Really Bad:
- I found a lot of hair (a mixture of head hair and you-know-where hair) in the bed, thankfully before I had gotten into it. I called the owner/manager Ann-Marie right away to tell her about it and she initially responded by asking me if it was her hair - this confused me somewhat as (a) I hadn't met her, (b) am not a forensics expert and (c) that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. I responded by telling her that I didn't really care whose hair it was, and that I would like all of the bedding changed asap. Ann-Marie (who presumably lives on the premises) turned up and changed all of the bedding with clean sheets and covers. Ann-Marie was generally curt and gave me the impression that she thought I was making a big fuss over nothing(!). Ordinarily I would have just left at this point and gone somewhere else, but it was very late and everywhere else in Bristol was booked up. Obviously, I did a thorough check before even contemplating getting into the bed again.

- On the second morning when I took a shower, the shower cubicle is tiny and I was struggling to maneuvere in it (I am not exactly a giant at around 6ft tall). When I reached up to rinse my hair with the shower head I burned my hand quite badly on the downlight just above the shower. I am no building regulations expert, but I am pretty sure this is not allowed and there are rules in place about using low-voltage lighting in bathrooms.

- After the "bed-hair" and "burnt-hand" scenarios I decided not to risk a 3rd night in the apartment so I checked out after the second night. I didn't see Ann-Marie so wasn't able to get a receipt off her (even though I discovered that she had actually charged me the entire amount before I arrived using the details I given to her to "secure" the booking). I was staying on business so I need a VAT receipt in order to complete my expenses. I called Ann-Marie to ask for one and she answered the phone by rudely shouting "I'm just around the corner!" Presumably she mistook me for different customer that she wanted to be rude to. Once I had pointed out to her that is was a receipt I was interested in and not her geographical position, she agreed to email a receipt to me. 2 phone calls, 2 emails and 1 week later I am still waiting for a receipt from Ann-Marie.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank biz_traveller87
Lagos, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

We booked through this women called Ann Marie, was charged double for the room, phoned many times for her to reverse charges from overseas. The apartment, no 5, was very small. No toilet paper to start off with, only 2 towels. We waited outside for a long time, phoned the number, no answer..all of this just to get into the apartment. It looks like a brothel inside..music playing! The bathroom is very small...no air circulating in there. The microwave is not working, the tv programs are not working. Good decor yes and linen.
Be aware.... a complete rip off.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple