“Agressive doorman”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
“Agressive doorman”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We came to Bristol (6 females) to visit a friend and thought that we would try the Plantation for an alternative night out for live music.

On arrival a particular doorman (black, balled head, full beard, missing/half front teeth), seemed to be immediately frustrated with our presence. One member of our group gave him the money for 3 members of our party but he seemed to be perplexed with the maths so he was told that the £6 was for 3 of us the other 3 would pay separately, this evidently frustrated the doorman as he followed a member of our party into the bar and swore at her!!!!!!

We immediately went to the bar and asked to speak to the manager but had to wait approximately an hour before she arrived. When we finally spoke to the manager she seemed genuinely upset about the way that we had been treated, and this was clearly the 1st time that she had dealt with a situation like this because she confronted the doorman in front of us but he continued to point and be aggressive towards us in front if the manager, which resulted in her taking him aside and speaking to him for 25 minutes whilst we were stood at the bar wondering what the hell he had to say for that amount of time!

We finally asked a member of staff to get the manager and still had to wait a further 5 minutes for her to finish talking to him. When they came out the doorman looked at us and "popped his collar" in a further rage of aggression!

The manager gave us a £6 refund for half of our party but the start of our night was already ruined!

The overall atmosphere in the Plantation was good but the first and last impression was spoilt by the behaviour of 1 individual.

Would I go back, not if this newley released jail mate is on the door.

The manager seemed whole heart-idly sorry that the incident had occurred and offered a hug as a final gesture. I hope the business succeeds but I won't be going back.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Remmy2009

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Had fantastic food and brilliant music was a very busy night but really enjoyed pop ourselves thank u and hope to are u again very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disgusting all you can eat "food"”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Loud music, dodgy clients. Waiters are nice though.

Food is tastless and not authentic at all! it must be the equivalent a Jamaican Kraft food! they definitely went for quantity over quality, I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE, even for free! There's a much better place not far call Rice and Things, go there instead!

• Visited April 2014
Bristol
“Ok food, bit pricey”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Had the buffet on a Friday, food was ok, but there's a limited selection and I was a bit disappointed I couldn't order off the a la carte menu. Service was friendly, found the music a bit loud though.

My main gripe is that the card machine wasn't working (it was a new one and they couldn't figure it out) and it actually ended up blocking my friends card! We ended up having to walk up the road to Sainsburys to get some cash out which was a bit inconvenient!

All in all we had fun, but I'm not sure if it's somewhere I'll go again.

Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Food!!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We visited Plantation on a Saturday night for the buffet and thought the food was delicious.
The meat in the Goat curry and the jerk chicken was so tender, the goat fell off the bones.
All the food had lovely flavours and was all fresh and hot.
I was worried how spicy the food was going to be but I think it had a lovely kick and not too overpowering. You could enjoy all the flavours.
You have an option of £12.95 for 1 plate or £17.95 for all you can eat. I’m glad I went for the all you could eat but I think they could maybe offer a bit more choice being a buffet.
Cocktails were also great.

We had an early table so were the first there but it soon picked up and got quite busy by the time we left. Service was good at the beginning and staff were very friendly. Beverly the owner is very friendly and always smiling. It did take a bit of time to get served at the end but we could see they were busy so didn’t let that bother us. We would maybe stay a bit later next time as the music looked like it would be a lot of fun.

I found booking the table quite difficult as couldn’t seem to get an answer on the phone but I ended up using the booking form on Plantations website which was easy and I got a response really quick so will do it that way in future.

I would recommend to others and will be returning.

• Visited January 2014