“Special price at Wed (Dinner)”
Review of Rajmoni - CLOSED

Rajmoni
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Except Wednesday, here is good enough but not that special place.
But in Wed, you can get the 'starter + main + bread or rice' set in 10.xx pound.
(I cannot remember the detailed price)
It's not a lunch special. That price is for dinner!
(But the special price is not applied to takeaway - please take care about it.)

I recommend sheek kebab and chicken alo chotpoti as a starter.
For main, Jalfrezi and chilli mossala are nice. Vindaloo is also good.

They open until late at night, so you don't have to hurry.
Mood is not that great, but servers are very friendly.

I think here is one of the best price-effective Indian restaurant at least in Wed.

1  Thank Sun-Lim C

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The little building is small rustic and slightly dated however this adds to the authentic charm. embrace the uniqueness rather then going somewhere that's the same as everywhere else, go there with an open mind and love it for what it is.

The food was delicious, didn't have to wait very long for it to come out and was the best we have had for a very long time. The prices are very reasonable and found it alot cheaper then other similar restaurants. The service was excellent and staff very friendly.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

4  Thank baggsey100
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We live just around the corner from Rajmoni and we regularly order curry to takeaway. It's a little pricey to eat in there but for takeaway they offer 20% off which makes it very good value. The food is always excellent and not at all greasy like curry can be at some places. The lamb dishes, the Bhuna in particular, are amazingly tender.

2  Thank RvR
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Decorated nicely this place looked inviting, unfortunately neither the food nor the service was as good as the decor. Firstly there was the 50 minute wait for our food which was then rather awkwardly served to us. Small portions for the price, £2.50 for a baby bowl of rice and £2.35 for a small, disappointingly stale peshwari naan. The server kept bumping into me whilst heavy-handedly clearing bowls as we were eating. Towards the end of the meal everyone else at the table had finished but I was still eating. Instead of waiting for me to finish they cleared the table and left me feeling embarrassed causing me to end my meal prematurely. Nothing else was offered to us afterwards except the bill which made it to our table surprisingly quickly!

1  Thank Verity B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Food very average,service poor. We ate here last night with friends and found the food pretty tasteless compared to other places we have tried. The staff didn't offer any coffee or deserts after our meal they cleared our table and returned with bill!!! ( very strange). We paid with cash and we're totally gobsmacked that the staff took all the money and didn't return our change. I have never experienced this in any restaurant before, we always tend to tip when out having food but didn't expect them to just help themselves! We were left bemused that they didn't want to sell anything more to us. The place was empty I would of thought they would of been grateful of the extra drinks bill etc? Obviously not..