“Truly Awesome Curry”

Rajmoni
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a pretty sad guy, I judge most Curry houses off the quality of their Biryani and I have to say this little gem of a place has a true champion. I spent most of the meal fighting off my better half who decided it was nicer than her Thali (which wasn't bad, just not as good).

I have had bigger portions but that is definitely made up for in quality, the Keema Naan was also tip top with a strong mutton flavour running through it. Mango Lassie wasn't great which was a shame as it was the first thing we ordered upon arriving.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, and it is located in a charming little building reminding me of a old boat house.

Would go back in a heartbeat for the Biryani even though we live a 3 hour drive away, things could get expensive!

1  Thank Quizzy79
There are newer reviews for Rajmoni

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Except Wednesday, here is good enough but not that special place.
But in Wed, you can get the 'starter + main + bread or rice' set in 10.xx pound.
(I cannot remember the detailed price)
It's not a lunch special. That price is for dinner!
(But the special price is not applied to takeaway - please take care about it.)

I recommend sheek kebab and chicken alo chotpoti as a starter.
For main, Jalfrezi and chilli mossala are nice. Vindaloo is also good.

They open until late at night, so you don't have to hurry.
Mood is not that great, but servers are very friendly.

I think here is one of the best price-effective Indian restaurant at least in Wed.

1  Thank Sun-Lim C
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The little building is small rustic and slightly dated however this adds to the authentic charm. embrace the uniqueness rather then going somewhere that's the same as everywhere else, go there with an open mind and love it for what it is.

The food was delicious, didn't have to wait very long for it to come out and was the best we have had for a very long time. The prices are very reasonable and found it alot cheaper then other similar restaurants. The service was excellent and staff very friendly.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

4  Thank baggsey100
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We live just around the corner from Rajmoni and we regularly order curry to takeaway. It's a little pricey to eat in there but for takeaway they offer 20% off which makes it very good value. The food is always excellent and not at all greasy like curry can be at some places. The lamb dishes, the Bhuna in particular, are amazingly tender.

2  Thank RvR
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Decorated nicely this place looked inviting, unfortunately neither the food nor the service was as good as the decor. Firstly there was the 50 minute wait for our food which was then rather awkwardly served to us. Small portions for the price, £2.50 for a baby bowl of rice and £2.35 for a small, disappointingly stale peshwari naan. The server kept bumping into me whilst heavy-handedly clearing bowls as we were eating. Towards the end of the meal everyone else at the table had finished but I was still eating. Instead of waiting for me to finish they cleared the table and left me feeling embarrassed causing me to end my meal prematurely. Nothing else was offered to us afterwards except the bill which made it to our table surprisingly quickly!

1  Thank Verity B