“Drinks in the sunshine. ”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #115 of 1,762 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Quakers Friars at Cabot Circus, Raymond Blanc's Brasserie Blanc brings to Bristol quality, elegantly executed French cooking with friendly service in a relaxed environment. In addition to the main restaurant, our Bristol brasserie has two beautiful banqueting halls, Cutlers and Bakers, dating back to the 13th Century and latterly used as a Quaker Meeting House which can be booked for a wide variety of functions. On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable team and the lively ambience is complemented by a menu inspired by the simple, hearty dishes of M. Blanc's childhood. Alongside an appetising a la carte menu and carefully selected wine list we offer an excellent value set menu and on Sundays we serve a classic roast with all the trimmings. Younger diners can choose from a special children's menu or order a half sized portion of many of the a la carte dishes on offer.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Bristol on a beautiful sunny day, and passed several hours sitting in the courtyard area outside of Raymond's with cold drinks- we didn't eat on this occasion.

This is a fabulous place to sit and people watch. Inside seemed to lack atmosphere, but it was very quiet, and who would want to be inside on a day like that!

Only downside was the ladies loo. Definitely in need of some TLC!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was really looking forward to my early dinner here, as I have visited quite a few famous chefs restaurants and never been disappointed until now. I opted for the summer special menu, 3 courses for £16.95, my starter of summer vegetable & herb salad with poached free range egg was tasty, although the egg white was a bit runny. For the main I opted for the Jimmy Butler’s free range, pan-fried pork sirloin, which came with runner beans, carrots and new potatoes, there was a £2 supplement on this dish, I don`t know why, yes the potatoes and vegetables were tasty but the pork was dry and nothing special at all. Profiteroles for dessert and sadly another let down, the cream filling was cold and the hot chocolate sauce was only just warm, the plate had been taken to the wrong table before it finally arrived at mine. I really enjoyed the house red wine, very fruity and soft. The staff were all really charming and informative, and the building is beautiful.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Taken out for my 40th birthday family meal. We've eaten here before because the lovely Lou is a gluten free person and we never have a problem with her food. Despite the scorching conditions all 9 of us had lovely meals. The summer salad starter was faultless, as for the mains, nobody had a single complaint about any of the food. I had the smoked haddock fish cake with a side of frites. Others had burgers or duck or crab or risotto and everybody agreed it was the best they had eaten. Then the surprise cake that the lovely Lou had got the staff to present to me with a candle. Can't ask for better service or food anywhere, and not just a one off impression either. Thanks everybody.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We've been visiting the Brasserie Blanc for at least 5 years and have never had a poor meal there. My husband & I tend to visit at lunch times while we are in Bristol shopping, so cannot comment on how it is during the evening sittings. For lunch it's usually quiet so you can sit more or less where you like. We last visited in May for a birthday treat. It was the best meal we've ever had there. Delicious scallops as starter which wasn't too filling. The main course was a tasty Barbary Duck in citrus sauce, followed by Crepe Suzettes for dessert. Couldn't fault any of the food, and staff were attentive and friendly. The only criticism I could make is that when it's quiet it's a little lacking in atmosphere, but this is a minor point and the food more than makes up for this shortcoming. The building itself is a talking point too, an old Quaker Prayer House which has a little more character than some of the other restaurants can boast of in the centre of Bristol.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I entertained my team to dinner here a few weeks ago on a Friday night. The football was keeping people away so it was very quiet. It was a bit damp but we sat outside under the parasols. We read the menu and made our choices which was 2 chateaubriands. We were very surprised to learn therefore that they had got any chateaubriands left at 7.30pm on a Friday night - very poor. OK we got over that and ordered 4 fillet steaks - they only had 3 - awful! The staff were remiss and we spent c£50 per head - poor value for money.

Been to Brasserie Blanc? Share your experiences!