“Lovely Meal”

Price range: US$17 - US$55
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Quakers Friars at Cabot Circus, Raymond Blanc's Brasserie Blanc brings to Bristol quality, elegantly executed French cooking with friendly service in a relaxed environment. In addition to the main restaurant, our Bristol brasserie has two beautiful banqueting halls, Cutlers and Bakers, dating back to the 13th Century and latterly used as a Quaker Meeting House which can be booked for a wide variety of functions. On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable team and the lively ambience is complemented by a menu inspired by the simple, hearty dishes of M. Blanc's childhood. Alongside an appetising a la carte menu and carefully selected wine list we offer an excellent value set menu and on Sundays we serve a classic roast with all the trimmings. Younger diners can choose from a special children's menu or order a half sized portion of many of the a la carte dishes on offer.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We dined here Al Fresco on Saturday 2nd August the menu we chose A La Carte, we both ordered cheese soufflé starter fabulous and I had lamb for main and my husband ordered award winning burger. Very good service, the food really lovely portions just right very enjoyable lunch thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came here last week for lunch with a friend visiting from L.A, it was a perfect day so we sat outside under the shade of a big parasol. It was reasonably quiet, service was excellent and we had the 2 course set menu with a free glass of wine. Lovely atmosphere. The food was good, nothing outstanding but a good location for lunch.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very disappointed with the whole evening, we expected a lot better.
We were told we could not have English mustard with the steak as it was a French restaurant therefore only Dijon mustard was available, paper table cloths and cheap glasses only added to the disappointment and the food was average at best.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Bristol on a beautiful sunny day, and passed several hours sitting in the courtyard area outside of Raymond's with cold drinks- we didn't eat on this occasion.

This is a fabulous place to sit and people watch. Inside seemed to lack atmosphere, but it was very quiet, and who would want to be inside on a day like that!

Only downside was the ladies loo. Definitely in need of some TLC!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was really looking forward to my early dinner here, as I have visited quite a few famous chefs restaurants and never been disappointed until now. I opted for the summer special menu, 3 courses for £16.95, my starter of summer vegetable & herb salad with poached free range egg was tasty, although the egg white was a bit runny. For the main I opted for the Jimmy Butler’s free range, pan-fried pork sirloin, which came with runner beans, carrots and new potatoes, there was a £2 supplement on this dish, I don`t know why, yes the potatoes and vegetables were tasty but the pork was dry and nothing special at all. Profiteroles for dessert and sadly another let down, the cream filling was cold and the hot chocolate sauce was only just warm, the plate had been taken to the wrong table before it finally arrived at mine. I really enjoyed the house red wine, very fruity and soft. The staff were all really charming and informative, and the building is beautiful.

Been to Brasserie Blanc? Share your experiences!