“Very Nice Place”

Henbury Lodge Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #529 of 1,712 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blaise Restaurant is located within the Henbury Lodge Hotel in the Henbury area of Bristol. A grand Georgian building with immaculate white painted façade, Henbury Lodge is set within beautifully kept gardens, which can be seen from The Blaise Restaurant’s French doors, thrown open in the summer to allow for access to the terrace where BBQs make the most of good weather and bucolic surroundings. Inside the restaurant is clean and neutral with a splash of glamour in the gilt framed mirrors and sparkling chandeliers, seating upholstered in brown leather and original features including a stone fireplace and plaster cornicing. With two AA Rosettes to its name, The Blaise Restaurant offers a very special fine dining menu based around locally sourced produce, all beautifully presented and with a modern European meets British flavour, the concise selection allowing for each dish to shine individually.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here on my own on business,actually made me relax as it wasnt worth sitting around in the bar or lounge.

Great place, staff vey polite and helpful, not a big menu but food very very good. I had the steak which was cooked perfect.
Room was nice, clean, great shower. Would stay again.
Tip: if you just want a quiet place with good food, this is the place, if you want a bar with atmosphere and a bit of something going on, try somewhere else.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I stayed one night and we could not fault the visit at all. Friendly, very approachable staff (including beautiful King Charles Cavalier Spaniel)and nothing too much trouble.

We only had breakfast, which was excellent, as we were eating out, but fellow guests (very friendly bunch) very complimentary!

Room, very spacious and comfortable.

What more could you want.

Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The menu was not extensive, but well-balanced, good quality and quite reasonably priced (£15 for 1 course, £20 for 2 and £25 for 3). Personally, I would have preferred my fish starter slightly better cooked, but I know that it's fashionable these days to serve fish underdone. The steak that followed, requested medium, was perfectly cooked and the nicest piece of beef that I've had in a while. Portions were generous, and only the gents in the party had room for pudding.

The only odd thing was the wine list. We thought that we had ordered French wine, so were a little surprised to find that it came from New Zealand. Closer inspection of the wine list revealed that wine is listed according to its European regional equivalent, but could actually come from anywhere. It was pleasant enough, but £20 seems a bit on the pricey side for wine when you don't even know what you're getting.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I don't like large amounts, so I generally go for a couple of starters. Here, I had the roast tomato soup. Totally divine. Also had the ham hock terrine: it came with a light salad and was absolutely delicious. Was so impressed I had the treacle smoked salmon: a very light option, and melt-in-the-mouth good....... enjoy!!!!!

1  Thank Iain Richard S
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I can very highly recommend The Henbury Lodge hotel. Our stay was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food served in the restaurant was also excellent. Our bedroom was very warm and comfortable with a very comfortable bed.