“Good hotel, great staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Didn't arrive at the hotel until 1:30 am after missed flights and a long drive from Heathrow. The hotel was kind of hard to find by car and didn't have a parking space availabe. However, they had a deal with a parking garage next door so we were finally able to park the car.

After a long day of traveling the three of us were kind of looking forward to a cold beer in the room once we arrived, but to our surprise there were only complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar (which also is nice..). We made a quick call to the reception and after three minutes we were served the best pint I have tasted for a long time in our room. Given the fact that it was past closing hour, this was an example of great service.

One elevator not working, but didn't cause much problem as the staff elevator was available to all guests.

Spacious rooms with great view and an A/C that actually worked the way we wanted to. Great bathrooms with a tub.

This hotel has a perfect location right in the very centre of this charming city. Would love to come again.

Room Tip: Great view from the upper floors, but keep the elevator problem in mind.
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

A very nice review and I can imagine how the beer must have been.
I am glad the team were helpful and you were made to feel welcome
Not sure how often you pass through bristol but really look forward to welcoming you back should you come.

Please contact me directly if i can be of any help to you with your next booking
all the best

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here in June 2012, as a group booking. The hotel was very clean, modern and comfortable. Rooms are a good standard, comfy beds, quiet and lovely bathrooms. This hotel is great central location, close to bars, restaurants, theatre etc. Our room had a great view of Bristol and the staff were helpful. As we were in a group of 9, the hotel offered to put an extra bed in our twin rooms, so no-one in our group had to stay alone and it was slightly cheaper. There was some confusion over the booking, but this was sorted out quickly. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if in Bristol.

Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Lovely review thank you very much.
If i can assist with your next booking please contact me directly

Best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We booked on Last Minute.com ... got a fabulous price on a great twin room, upgraded to Business, which gave us free movies, newspapers, coffee machine, included breakfast. Staff are lovely in every department. FOOD was Fantastic! Beds were pillow top clouds!

Room Tip: Views over the busy town were wonderful! Loved the floor to ceiling window!
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Great Review and I cant agree with you more the beds are divine.
My recomendation would be to come stay with us again and use the beds some more.
Please contact me should you need help with your next booking.

best regards

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Good location,clean rooms well equipped,albeit the sink is more of a bird bath than a sink!Check in fast and efficient.
But the downfall is that this is an hotel with 17 floors and the better rooms are on the top.Downside is that the lifts don't work,they have two for the hotel and if you try to leave at peak time your average wait is 5 minutes!When you are on the 15th floor,you think twice about saying ,I'll take the stairs.Moreover when we were there,the lifts were malfunctioning and were missing floors.For a one night stay we waited in total 20 minutes for lifts.
The breakfast area needs a catering manager...plenty of staff running round cleaning tables,but the poor client is in diy mode...you do the lot apart from receiving a stewed thermos of tea/or coffee.
When we were there the English breakfast was as absent as the lifts!The eggs went missing for 5 minutes..nothing..save guests standing with their plates looking to complete their breakfast.The toaster..can you believe that you have to make your own toast!!..didn't work.OK the staff reacted,but really with all these people running round,maybe one of them could be tasked with making toast for their clients.
The sausages were cocktail sausages..ok maybe in Radisson world it is a new take on the English breakfast..I would suggest with the other malfunctions,the catering manager forgot to order..as they did not renew the maintenance contract on the lifts.
So if you've got time to spare..this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the canal
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your Review.
I have spoken with the team about the breakfast comments and this is a focus for us currently, we will sort it out.
As for the lifts, i have no comment other than you are correct, we are currently having issues with our lifts which seems now to be never ending. it isnt, we are working full steam to get them repaired and we will have great operating lifts in the future.

thanks again and if I can be of any help with your next booking, please contact me directly

Best regards

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I required a hotel for one night for a theatre trip birthday present for my wife. I considered The Bristol Hotel, and the Marriot but opted for this one as we stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth 2 years ago and loved it.
I booked a business class room for the few extras.
The check in took about 5 minutes despite being quite busy. Our room was on the 11th floor and we were given a harbour view room which I believe was more expensive on the website than the room I booked.
The room was quite spacious, the bed was VERY comfortable, we had a coffee machine as well as usual tea and coffee making facilities, the bathroom was a good size, modern and spotless as was the rest of the room.
Floor to ceiling windows offered a great view of the harbour and the city. Couldnt have been happier with the room.
We went to our show, Phantom at the Hippodrome (excellent!) which was quite literally opposite the hotel. After the show we had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar which was quiet and comfortable, but I have to say, quite small for this size hotel.
Whilst having our drinks we were seeing more and more stag parties emerging staggering into the night but a door supervisor was refusing entry to the bar to anyone without a key so no problems there. But I must stress the city centre was OK, didn't see any trouble, at least where we were.
Slept VERY well on the excellent bed, breakfast was between 7am and 12pm!! I am sure this was because it was a Sunday but that was still a pleasant surprise, we have stayed in other hotels where it was much earlier!!
Breakfast was a buffet, and the selection was absolutely fantastic, the usual hot breakfast items, but veggie sausages as well as very nice pork, crispy streaky bacon as well as usual back bacon, 3 different kinds of egg, potatoes, mushrooms, beans, plum tomatoes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms etc etc even rice?!!!
The selection of very fresh fruit was excellent, 8 different cereals and muselis, huge selection of rolls and breads, from brioche to pain-au-chocolat, croissants to muffins. The continental meats and cheeses were qually impressive and a wide array of juices etc, the large pot of coffee was delicious too!!! Very very impressed with the quality and variety available.
On the whole an excellent hotel I would recommend to absolutely anyone looking for a nice hotel in the City particularly if seeing a show at the Hippodrome which was a lovely theatre as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you so much for you very thorough review. I am glad the service and the room you recieved were beyond what you expected.
i will definately pass on your comments to the team who will be thrilled to hear them.

if i can be of any assistance for your next booking please contact me directly

best regards

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here, lovely staff, superb location, ultra clean and modern hotel. Breakfast was buffet style with good produce and the view from the room / rooftop balcony was perfect. We stayed in a two floor room at the top, a bit expensive but it was a special occasion. My only small gripe are the two small lifts, at peak times you can wait ages, they should have made them larger. This is not an issue if your on the lower floors though.

Room Tip: get a room with the river view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for the comments and you are right the lifts are not great but we are working on getting them repaired permanantly. if we can be of any assistance for your next visit to Bristol please contact us directly

Thanks again

Best Regards

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for one night after a business trip to Bristol. Staff very welcoming on arrival, taking time to talk to you. Room was very comfortable but not good views with only a brick wall to look at and a dirty window. Good supplies in the bathroom and complimentary wifi, water and coke in the rooms. Bed was very relaxing and gives a good nights sleep.

Location is brilliant right in the city centre and a ten minute walk from the station. Food was good, but the drinks were rather expensive but this is central Bristol. On the night of my stay, there was only one lift working with a service lift being used additionally. The service lift was very slow, and there was a long wait for the normal lift, this otherwise marred a good stay, but I am sure its a one off and will look to return again if I am in Bristol.

Check out was quick and efficient with a nice smile in the morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a view of the harbour as the ones at the back are dark and nothing but a wall to loo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the review.
Please contyact me directly if you return to Bristol and i will ensure the things your were not satisfied withg on your first visit will be rectified,.

Best Regards