“Nice city center base”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Nice city center base”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed here for business, very nice hotel extremely central location, perfect for a curry and a few beers.

The carpark however is a valet service, drop it at the hotel entrance and it gets parked, however this isnt obvious nor did I see it documented anywhere. £23 for the parking, as thee NCP down the road is £20 not much difference.

Decent shower and overall a really nice hotel, the lifts seem a bit slow though...!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for the comment. i will see if we can improve the information on Valet.
Thanks again

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Booked two rooms at this hotel on the 19th July for my daughters graduation. What an absolute disaster!!!! On making the reservation we were promised an 1130 check in so that we could arrive and changed for the graduation ceremony at 1pm. On arrival we were told that we could not check in until 3pm but offered a room upgrade at a further cost!! One member of our party was given his room key at 4pm and checked into a room with an unmade bed and that had not been cleaned. Our room had an old throw on the bed that was covered in what appeared to be dog hairs !! My daughters luggage could not be located and was eventually delivered to her room at 630pm consequently we missed our dinner reservation at a restaurant in town. The following morning my daughters arm was covered in bites !!!! The front of house staff were extremely unhelpful and somewhat inexperienced in customer care. I raised a complaint with both the hotel and the central customer services department they were all very disinterested and have not acknowledged my concerns disgraceful !!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah P
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback.
I have investigated your issues to ensure that we have done the utmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible. However in this particular case I am a little ensure of how to respond.
Firstly we apologize for the unmade bed this was an oversight and a poor one, for this you were offered a complimentary upgrade to our best room in the hotel, The Harbourside Suite.
As explained at the time the dog hairs you found were in fact fibers from the headboard as we do not allow dogs on the premises. For this we offered an additional upgrade free of charge to a maisonette suite
Due to the do not disturb sign on the door we did knock for luggage delivery but when we received no reply, we did not enter in fear of disturbing you and we returned downstairs. Once confirmed we could send the luggage, it was delivered without delay. At no point was the luggage lost.
As with your comments regarding bites we have taken this extremely seriously and have called in an external health and safety provider to check the room, to date you are the first person to report such issues, but thank so much for bringing it to our attention.
We believe we did everything in our power to rectify the issues that were raised during your stay and disappointed that you feel we did not do enough

Please do not hesitate to call me if you wish to discuss this further

York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

After a six hour drive last night to get to Bristol, the hotel car park was nowhere to be seen. I had to sit ourside the hotel and phone in. "Please choose from one of six options". Rather than wait for all six I chose Reservations. "Sorry, office is closed, lease phone back tomorrow". Tried again, Option Five is car parking instructions. Apparently if you wait outside, a valet will park your car for you for £23/night. Other than that you're stuffed, and have to use a publc car park. The room I was given was on the 3rd floor, and I could SMELL CIGARETTES as soon as I got out of the lift. The whole of the third floor smelt a bit like a smoking room. My room (albeit beautiful decor) stank of cigarettes. I immediatley went back to reception and asked for another room. Sorry, but as I was the last person to check-in and every other room was full, then I could either put up with it for one night, or have an air freshener! As I refused both, the only other option was for them to contact another hotel or me and get another room. Just what you want after a 6hr drive! All this because I hadn't checked a wee box on booking.com which specifies a smoking preference - smoking, non-smoking or no preference. Because of this, the staff thought I'd be OK paying £85 to stay in a stinking room and give myself a sore throat for the pleasure of doing so. I hope the hotel manager reads this and responds, if he dares!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget your wee tick box, other than that you're stuck on Smokers Floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. i am very sorry to hear that you are less than satisfied with your experience. I am happy to respond to ALL reviews and comments good and bad. and in this case I feel a personal phone call will be a more appropriate way to respond.

Please expect a call within the next two days

regards
GeneraL Manager
Somerset, England
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Arrives today.

Initial impressions are ok, hotel is in a really good location and is well presented.

Shame we didn't get the E upgrade but understandable as hotel is full tonight. Be interesting to see what happens when we ask tomorrow when hotel has space.

Minor niggles, bar ia a bit soulless and understaffed, bland elevator pseudo jazz, Jack Johnson would be ideal! Two hangers in wardrobe, but two of us here for 2 nights......

Pluses far outweigh these, great spot, cracking view from 1404, 28deg sunshine.

Looking forward to a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Thanks for the review, sorry about the E-upgrade, unfortunately as we were full we couldnt uphold the standby booking.
We are currently working on the bar atmosphere as I agree we need a change

I hope every thing else was to your liking, the weather here has been glorious.

When you come back i will ensure you get your upgrade,

uk
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just come back from a weekend away for my wife's birthday. Had a lovely stay at the raddison blu. Had great view of harbour festival from 15th floor. Room was very clean, couple of things let it down with a couple of lights out in bathroom and some fixings missing from tap in bathroom, which to be honest were minor. Hotel very busy when we turned up with harbour festival and graduation ceremony going on as well, but we were seen very quickly at reception. Unfortunately the receptionist had some problems with the printer so we ended up waiting 30 mins for this to be fixed, it might have been better bringing the paperwork up to our room for us. The valet parking was very handy and the concierge was very polite and helpful. The biggest downside for me was when we got to the hotel about 4 my wife and I had had no lunch so were a bit peckish. I tried to order a snack from room service which in the end took me about 15 mins to get through to anyone either in the restaurant or reception which was tedious! Overall a pleasant stay, clean modern and great location. Will definitely stay again when we are next back up!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UkHenny
Thank you so much for your comments.
Very sorry you had to wait for your papers and thank you for the sugetsion of delivering to the room that would definately have saved you some time. Also for the comments on Room service. We will work on improving our timings and service.
When you make uyour next booking please contact me directly and i will ensure everything is perfect.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We spent the night last night at the Radisson and were very pleased with the hotel and the service we received. It is the busiest weekend of the year for the hotel with the city full of graduates and their parents attending graduation ceremonies and The Bristol Harbour festival. The hotel was fully booked, but still running smoothly. The rooms are spotlessly clean and spacious, the bathroom was lovely and the view from our rooom on the 13th floor was spectacular. Definately the best hotel I have stayed in in Bristol and I will be back. It could not have been better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Great Review,
Thank you very much, so glad you had a wonderful time.
if you plan a return visit please dont hesitate to contact me and i will ensure your booking and stay is equally good,

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is probably one of the best hotels in Bristol, the rooms , views. free wifi , comfort, breakfast .., all top notch. Always stay here. Always great staff.. Only minor headache is that breakfast runs up to 12, and you cant get back into your room due to the cut off with the door cards.. with no phones in the corridors, it means a long wait at reception to get a new key... Like i say,, be on time and its no bother, i was just lazy !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the fantastic review, your comment regarding the breakfasst and lifts makes a lot of sense, thank you, we had not thought of that. we will review imediately.
Please dont hesitate to contact me should you consider us again for assistance with bookings etc.