“Girls weekend away”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
“Girls weekend away”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night (Saturday) we arrived by Tain got taxi from station at 12.30 and was at our hotel within 5 mins !!!! This hotel is in the perfect location . There is a sainsburys next door and a subway :) which we visited after dancing ! There were 22 of us on a hen do and the hotel put us all on 5 floor next door to each other. Me and 3 other girls had adjoining rooms and they were massive and had big bathrooms ! Breakfast was lovely very fresh and great coffee. Only bad thing I'd say about hotel was the rooms are very dark so for the ladies with make up be careful some of our party looked like clowns :)
I would def stay here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for the great review. glad you had a good time.

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked a duplex suite on the 17th floor, and had a lounge and bathroom downstairs and bedroom upstairs. It was smart, mostly white decor with red & grey accents, and well equipped with a sofa, chair, desk, fridge with complimentary beverages, a kettle and plenty of sockets. The room had access to large terrace with great views, but be aware that this is shared with the other suites on this floor, and has nowhere to sit out. The bathroom had a large bath with a shower over it, and generous toiletries. The internet was very good: free & fast and it remembered you when you came back to the hotel. However, there were some niggles: for example there was nowhere to plug the hairdryer in near a mirror and there was no room upstairs around the bed - it didn't fit into the alcove on the back wall, so was set a foot away from the wall - which meant your pillows kept falling down the back! Also there was only a six inch gap on the far side, so the person sleeping on that side had to clamber into bed from the bottom: not a real problem, but strange.
We tried to use the gym a couple of times and it was too busy, as it is quite small with limited equipment.
We had breakfast because it was included in the room rate, but wouldn't recommend it otherwise. The buffet had been there a bit too long, and service was disinterested.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PotterMoose
Thank you for the detailed review. I will most definately look at what has sited and see how we can improve the experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the harbour side suite, amazing room with incredible views, fantastic job guys, keep up the good work! The position us perfect for exploring Bristol.
Only downside is the filini restaurant, not good value at all! Service slow and tiny portions.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jonnymojo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy Filini and I will follow up with the F&D team to find out what went wrong.

best regards Christopher Peach
General Manger
Cheltenham
Reviewed 6 September 2013

As a regular guest at this hotel, I was very upset to find a maid cleaning, and checking out my room, before I had checked out of the hotel on Saturday 31st August 2013.

Had I not returned, before she had left, I would have had my belongings, including my mobile phone taken illegally from me.

Despite the manager, Mr Peach offering a 50% discount on the room, I have had no contact from him, nor any discount credit.

This is very poor service, and I would recommend that guests leave their personal belongings in a safe.

P.S The two lifts rarely work at the same time and the cooked breakfast is always cold.

Rod Banner

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay in the hotel. I was disappointed to hear of the issues experienced and can assure you that your feedback has been dealt with in the most seriousness of natures. I believed that your complaint was resolved by a member of the reception team at the checkout and was personally unaware that you were expecting a call from me; for this please accept my apologies.

I have followed up with your booking agency and can confirm that the compensation has been processed.

Once again please accept my most sincere apologies, should you wish to discuss your stay with me in more detail please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I found the staff to be very polite and helpful and my room was very clean with a few extra details of shampoo and what not.

The location is very central.. which means very noisey. Great if you're on a stag do but not so great for a romantic couples get away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review, very much appreciated

Surrey
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am doing this review as we had a few issues on our last visit but although the receptionist took down the details and we had mentioned things whilst there, no one has got back to us. The hotel offers a non pay guarantee if things are not fixed but apparently we werent eligible for some unfathomable reason because of how we paid!!?? That condition wasnt on the guarantee!
I have stayed many times and do so because of the convenient location and although the valet parking is not cheap, currently at £23 a night, I really cant be bothered to drive about to find somewhere else to park.
I know Im nit picking but at the price one pays there I expect better
Pluses
- excellent location on th harbour near everything
- air con works
- beds very comfy
- staff adorable
- upper room views wonderful
- WIFI easy
Minuses
- no space in the restaurant as they dont keep a few tables just in case for inmates
- still not enough lifts. My (obviously fit) son ran up to the 14th floor as fed up waiting and beat us by miles
- no one to take our bags and this trip the car going into valet parking was unchecked and we didnt get the car condition yellow slip as they were too busy
- Dont do biscuits any more - shame but Sainsburys is almost next door
- All communal areas are far too hot and darker than they used to be. There is a kind of library in the small communal area but it is now too dark to read there
- Ditto our room - all dark lampshades whereas my sisters had white shades so far brighter. In past stays we had a light above the tv / case thingy and we couldnt see how that was switched on in this room. They sent a man up who said we didnt have one of those but I discovered the plug for it on our last morning when I was searching for somewhere to plug in the iron and then the ironing board was covered in food debris so needed a clean by us before it could be used
- One needs a special kind of brain to work out the coffee maker but as a return visitor we have now mastered the shower conundrum
- At the time we asked for the "missing" light to be found(!) we asked for a better clean as the curtain had blood on it, the windows had a greasy face inprint and it was very dusty - none of these things were remedied
- No instructions as to how to tun on towel rail - we had to ask
BTW we were given an upgrade on our 2 rooms but apart from being in the corner and having 2 windows in one of them we could see no difference from the regular rooms (apparently you get a free film and bathrobe if paying the extra but we didnt)
A formal apology letter or telephone call from management would have been nice, a refund of some kind under their guarantee nicer

Room Tip: Go high every time so u miss the late street noise outside and get a fantastic view - habour one sid...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the very detailed review.
I would be very happy if you could please contact me at the hotel directly and I will be happy to discuss the issues you have mentioned in your review

Christophr Peach
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was comfortable and clean with all amenities as listed, although pretty functional in style. As regular solo traveller I'm used to getting the rubbish view, but then for an overnight stay it doesn't really matter. Top marks for reception and restaurant staff who were very pleasant and helpful, valet parking efficient and prompt (doubt the NCP car park would have been much cheaper!). Points deducted for the breakfast (strange absence of eggs in any form other than hardboiled, most of the cooked dishes seemed to have been in the oven overnight, bread could have been fresher!) and although I got there late and had an early start so didn't need somewhere to park myself with a book, couldn't see any guest lounge area other than just inside the entrance, which is fine for meeting people but not (for me) to relax in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the feed back, I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast, i will definately find out why there were no eggs as daily we normally have scrambled, fried and boiled on the buffet, not sure what happened. But thank you for bringing it to my attention.
You are right about the carparking, the prices are very similar but with NCP you dont get the convienience

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.