2,229 results
All reviewsa business class roomvalet servicefloor to ceiling windowsbroad quaycomplimentary watercity centrecolston hallhigher floorperfect locationgood sizestandard roommodern hotelexcellent hotelbars and restaurantsnespresso machinewould stay againchecking out
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Booked a business class room for one night for a random visit to Bristol. Wanted something a little bit special so opted for this room for the extra price. The room itself was very nice and clean and offered some fantastic views of the city but other than this view it didn't appear that paying the extra money was at all worth it; we essentially received two warm bottles of water and two warm cans of coke for the extra cost. The wifi wasn't working, there were no bathrobes/slippers etc. (can't say that bothers me, but it says it should be included so it should be!) there was a measly one sachet of hot chocolate between us and the movies didn't work either. Needless to say that we both felt a little disappointed by our first stay in a Radisson. On the point of the movies, be aware that there is no way to fast forward through the film if, say, it decides to cut out half way through watching it...

Another bad point was dinner; we ordered some food up to our room and it wasn't very nice at all with the portions being small and the food overcooked.

On the positives the breakfast was really good, there was lots of choice and I'd go as far to say that it was the best buffet breakfast I've had in a hotel. Also, the staff were really friendly, happy and efficient.

One last thing to note is the parking. If you park about 5 minutes walk away (I think the car park is called Wapping Wharf - the post code for it is BS1 4RW) it will cost you nothing compared to the outrageous hotel price. We stayed Sunday night and it cost us £1.50 for 24 hours opposed to £23 had we chose to park at the hotel; not an insignificant difference. I think Monday to Friday it was £7 per 24 hours, still a hell of a lot cheaper!

In summary I think if we'd come here and stayed in a standard room at a normal price and not ordered dinner I'd probably be rating it a lot higher. Sadly though, this wasn't the case!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Arrived in the morning, we were a group staying for a night. All rooms were ready besides mine I did not have the opportunity to freshen up before we headed out for our meeting at 2pm. In my books they failed even after proper correspondence with them. Every other thing was fine i guess.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for one night whilst visiting a friend in the area for her birthday. Overall a good welcome and the receptionist was very friendly and efficient, especially with the car parking. We were offered an upgrade which was a nice gesture. We were allocated room 505, we went to the room and overall first appearance was good, no view we overlooked a brick wall, but this wasn't important as we were only staying for one night. I looked t the bed and the quilt did not come over the sides of the bed it literally just covered the top of the bed, obviously a double quilt on a king sized bed? This would have been fine if you were staying on your own, however once two people got in the bed there would have certainly been someone without quilt during the night. We called housekeeping and showed her the quilt and she said oh I know we are waiting for new ones that fit properly! Stunned, no solution so I requested an extra quilt so we would have been at least covered in the night. After this we sat and relaxed nod then other housekeeping issues became apparent. There was a wine gum on the floor by the skirting under the bench thing under the TV, which was spotted when I sat on the bed, a large stain on the net curtain, coffee maybe, the large standard lamp was so key and I went to straighten it and the whole lamp came off In my hand, hence why it was wonkey. Loo seat was loose, slippery shower, a may is needed and the loo paper was very cheap, this was all a shame as the hotel overall is very friendly and nice design, but housekeeping and maintenance need to get their act together. Breakfast offered a lovely select ion of food and nice quality. Would I stay again, I would probably try another option on my next visit to Bristol.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

I am sorry you seem to have had several issues that with more care could have been avoided.
Please do try us again I can guarantee that you will not face the same issues again
Please contact me directly when you are next looking to stay

Best regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay during a sales conference. Staff very helpful and looked after my needs very well. Room was well decorated in tasteful manner. Well appointed with great coffee machine in the room. View over the city stunning night or day. Lovely breakfast too.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Glad you had a great time. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed for one Saturday night whilst attending a concert at Colston Hall. Booked through a 3rd party agent, well in advance at a great discount.

Hotel is very well situated for the City centre. We took advantage of the valet parking service at the additional cost of £23 which took away the hassle of finding a car park and walking too & fro carrying luggage.

Check in was very quick & efficient & we were given a Business Class room on the 4th Floor. There are only 2 small lifts and they are always very busy, you may have to wait for a while to get up to your room.

Our business class room was on the corner of the hotel, with double aspect windows looking out over the quay & square. The room was clean, well presented and very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and there were 2 lounge chairs. The room came with free wifi, a safe, Nespresso machine, Tea & Coffee, fridge containing water & coke. The bathroom was well appointed with huge soft bath towels. The TV was a little small for the size of the room.

We used the hotel bar for both pre & post show drinks. The service was a little slow (only one barman even at busy times) and a little pricey, but it was a pleasant and comfy place to unwind and chat.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was great. We failed in getting the lift to the restaurant on the 1st floor & had to walk down the stairs. The restaurant was very busy, but staff worked hard to accommodate all guests and clear tables as they came available. There was a good choice of food, both hot & cold, sweet & savoury - all self service but of a good quality.

Checking out was hassle free & our car was brought up to the hotel after a simple phone call to the “One touch service”.

I would recommend this hotel and stay again if visiting Bristol.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We look forward to welcoming you back soon