2,269 results
All reviews a business class room valet service floor to ceiling windows broad quay complimentary water city centre colston hall higher floor perfect location good size standard room modern hotel excellent hotel bars and restaurants would stay again nespresso machine car park
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed for a Friday and Saturday evening at this hotel in early December. Staff at reception were very polite and efficient. Had a room on a high floor with great views over Bristol city centre. We did have a problem with the heating when we arrived in the room but reported it to reception on our way out for the evening and the problem was fixed by the time we returned a few hours later. Room and bathroom size were sufficient and both spotlessly clean. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant or use the bar so cannot comment. My only criticism (as others have mentioned) is that there were only two small lifts so at busy times there can be a bit of a wait. Overall though, we were pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank How1
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I understand the frustration of lifts, we are hoping to have them sped up in early 2014.
Please call us directly if you would like to reserve a room with us in future if that would help, we would be happy to ease the process.
General Manger

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The NCP is NOT across the road. It is more of a 10 minute walk away - first disappointment.

We stayed in the Radisson on 02/12/2013. First thing that we noticed that we were unhappy with was that there was a terrible smell in the hallways that permeated into the rooms. I believe this was a chemical smell due to some work being done on carpets after a leak but it was most unpleasant and made me heave. Secondly, i dont think the room was particularly nice. We stayed in the Mercure last year and it was far superior. There was nothing but a bottle of water in the fridge - our "Complimentary Refreshments". The view was of a brick wall.

The breakfast was quite good.

When we left the receptionist tried to charge me 50 more than was agreed. This was most embarrassing for me in front of a queue of people.

After leaving the hotel we intended going Christmas shopping in Bristol but due to the Radission Charging us twice we were short of cash so this was cut short. When i rang to query why i had been charged twice i wasnt given a reason but was told i had been refunded - but obviously this took a few days.

Since then i have complained on the website and emailed 3 times. All of which have been ignored.

Appalling. Never again.

Room Tip: Dont bother.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michele R

Thank you very much for the review, I am very sorry for this comunication error. Please could you call me directly to rectify this situation
best regards

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I really enjoyed my one night here. Warm welcome at reception, and a room on the 14th floor overlooking part of the city on a winter's afternoon as the sun burned a red glow in a beautiful sky- just sitting and watching in the chair, by the ceiling to floor window, was lovely . Place to sit, place to work, comfy bed, warm air con, free wifi. Delicious choices for breakfast. Handy for shops and restaurants and very near to my meeting the next day in the dock area. Great value for money.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you very for the wonderful review. I agree fully with the comments about the view and the windows, it is a great place to just watch the world go by.
we certainly hope to see you again soon and wish you a great festive season.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed 1 night in a first floor room. The size of the bedroom/bathroom was a bonus but the overall impression was 'worn' and there were stains on the carpet. The lifts were slow and the public areas lacked style or class. I have used this chain on previous occasions however I was disappointed with this property.

Room Tip: Noise location ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for you comments, I appreciate your thoughts on the fit out and the good news is that we have a soft referbishment planned starting in 2014.
If you would consider staying with us again, please contact me directly to assist in your booking.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Rooms try to be luxurious but they're just not. They are lacking in special touches. Lighting is terrible and definitely not worth the money. It takes an age to use the lifts and the iron in our room had not been tested since 2010 and it had wires showing. We will not be staying again. The Bristol just down the harbour is wonderful and just 'more' especially when compared to the Radisson.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra M

Thank you for the review, I am very sorry we have not met your expectations on this occasion, it is certainly not how we wish to be recognised.
I would very much appreciate if you could please call me to discuss your stay.

I hope to hear from you soon

Best regards