“Fab!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
London
“Fab!!!!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and did not want to leave. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, breakfast staff were bubbly and chatty, helping us with directions!
Breakfast has a great variety of breads, cereals, fruit etc, cooked breakfast was huge, however luke warm and clearly sat in kitchen for sometime.
Location was bang in the centre of town, we were on the 14th floor and could hear some 'city' noise but this is to be expected surely!
Room was fantastic a modern large room with huge window to make the most of the view, spotlessly clean.
All in all we had a fab stay and will 100% be back!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Snowgirl28
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you very much for the review, great to hear such happy comments.
We are also looking forward to welcoming you back.
if I can assist in anyway please dont hesitate to ask.

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

You sometimes get what you pay for, but sometimes a bit more.

The hotel is a modern hotel and the rooms incredibly spacious. Everything worked in the room, and you could have turned the bathroom into a another bedroom. In fact I think they are missing a trick not having Sofa Beds in the rooms for families, they'd get more trade.

Location wise its excellent no more than a few minutes from both theatres, the docks, and a lot of restaurants.

The breakfast is excellent, if a little pricey in the restaurant which looks over the main square.

My only complaint if I were a tourist would be that car parking in the nearest car park is £20 a day. Not the hotels fault, but it add to the budget if you go on your own expense.

Room Tip: You'll need to speak to reception as a number of rooms back onto the hotel and have no view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank markcst
Thank you very much for the review and your comments regarding family rooms, we will definately look into that.

Parking is not cheap in Bristol unfortunately unless you are prepared to walk a bit. for convienience we offer a valet parking service which removes that need to look but it is comparible to the outside areas.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum, aunt and cousin in July and the hotel is great to access plenty of bars, restaurants and sights around the city centre. Two of our three rooms overlooked the floating harbour and as we were on quite a high floor, the views were spectacular! However, the air conditioning in both of these rooms didn't work and my mum and aunt both had a very unpleasant nights sleep. I shared a twin room with my cousin which was spacious, clean and had properly functioning air conditioning which made our experience infinitely better than our mothers. The hotel breakfast was wonderful and staff really helpful - although I live fairly locally (everyone else had travelled some distance to Bristol) I would definitely stay here again if I was going on a night out in Bristol.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your review, I notice you stayed in July when we did have a few AC issues, these have now thankfully been resolved.
I am very sorry you faced these problems and can assure you, you will not face such problems again.
We would love to see you again and if I can be of assistance in your next reservation please give me a call at your convienience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I'm afraid this place falls well short of the usual standard of the Radisson Blu chain. OK, it's not the swankiest chain in the world but their hotels are generally very comfortable and often very stylish.

This place however, was a little run down and tired. The staff were all quite curt and, in the two days I stayed there both of the two elevators broke (thankfully, not at the same time).

My room was clean but that's about all I could say to commend it. On the last morning, the hot water stopped flowing and, when I asked at reception if they were aware, I was told they had known the day before that it would be off. When I asked why we weren't told, the response was that they had put a message on the internal channel of the TV! What if you don't watch the TV??

This response met with a shrug....

Just not good enough, I'm afraid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for the review, obvioulsy this is not how we wish to be percieved

I notice that you stayed back in in October and the issues you faced were during your stay then, I am sorry we did not catch you before you checked out or that you did not approach us at the time to make the stay right and to resolve your issues. It is true we had a few challenges during that time, but all of it could have been resolved.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and i hope you will give us anoter chance to show this is not a true representation of how we are

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Bristol Blu is just amazing, if you have never stayed you do not know what you are missing. Along the harbourside the Bristol Blu stands proudly , once inside you will not be disappointed one little bit. With outstanding staff across all departments who have such a can do attitude they are never too busy to help. The rooms offer fantastic views , the higher the floor you stay on the better, even If you do not like heights you will feel safe. The filini restaurant is wonderful , the
vegetable antipasti is a must , you can have this as a starter or to share. The super breakfast buffet is a must see , it caters for everyone , the vegetable ratatouille is a must eat . The hotel is clean and warm , and very well maintained. There is also take away coffee available for one pound from the bar which is well worth a buy. You do need to pay for car parking , however it is well worth paying the charge as you car will be in a safe and secure location on the ground, basement level.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank mmmmmwww
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
What a fantastic review, thank you so much. I am not quite sure how to reply to your review, I will definitely pass your comments on to the staff and I know they will be as happy as I am.
it is always reassuring to know that what we are trying so hard to achieve is paying off.
Thank you again very much and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Norfolk, UK
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Having read some of the reviews I asked for a room on a higher floor and away from the noise of Sainsbury delivery lorries. Request was noted and I had no problems with the very minimal noise level (as expected of a busy city at a weekend). Slightly irritated by the noise of the lift shaft, but I'm being picky now!

Large and modern room. Loved the wall picture. Nice bathroom. All as expected of a modern Raddisson. I liked the easy chair as well as a desk chair.

Breakfast -food and the room were also very good. Very relax atmosphere.

I enjoyed the location as I love the harbour front. Not too far too walk to the train station when I had a day at the Bath Spa. Suggest a taxi with luggage.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor gets away from street noise if that's an issue for you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Lovely review thank you very much

We do hope you will stay with us again.

Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Radisson Blu is undoubtly my favourite hotel chain in the UK. This is the fifth RB I have stayed in so my expectations were high. We booked a business class room and valet parking.

From the moment you arrive you are made to feel special, the service from all staff is excellent. Whoever does their training should be comended. My car was parked for me, seems a little expensive but for peace of mind I think it was worth it. Our room was on the 15th floor with a staggering view over Bristol Docks. This really is the best view in Bristol. The room is excellent and my only slight niggle was connecting to the wifi.

The hotel is well located with a 5 minute walk to Cabot Circus and the Hippodrome just across the road. It can be a bit difficult to find when driving, but that may just be my GPS.

Breakfast is probably the best I have had in the last year. Plenty of choice, quality ingredients and great service. Overall this Hotel chain should be applauded for the service they provide. It is worth every penny, and I would always choose to stay at a Radisson Blu over any other chain.

Room Tip: Business Class Upgrade is worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
You are right with the GPS, unfortunately our address takes you up a one way street which is not helpful, I am working on trying to get it changed. Next time pease use BS14AQ that will get you to the right road, I will ensure the team know to inform guests booking of the best possible driving route.
I do hope you will stay with us again and we will ensure you will enjoy your stay again.