“brilliant hotel apart from cost of breakfast”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 17 March 2014

hotel very nice, free water and orange juice in lobby. wifi is free which is amazing! spotless hotel. we went back to room ad maid was cleaning so we just walked in and she just carried on cleaning and left...we could have been anyone! quite worrying! breakfast is ridiculously expensive like £15ish. great location, can walk to all places, shopping area only a 10 minute walk. i had a put up bed,it was absolutely terrible,. there was a massive lump in my back which made it very uncomfortable

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you very much for the review.
We have taken your comment regarding breakfast seriously and have done a price comparison with the hotels in our near vicinity. In our findings we see we are certainly not the cheapest nor are we the most expensive and feel we are fairly priced. thank you for the observations though it has made us look at our offering closely.
I will certainly look into the housekeeping situation as that is a worry.

I do hope you will be back to give us another try

Christopher Peach

Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

As a frequent traveller to Bristol, I am always happy to return to the Radisson. It is the preferred choice. Prime location, courteous hospitality and attention to detail are the hallmarks of this hotel. Thanks to John and the front of house team for making us welcome once again
Anne , Cheshire

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your great comments and your comments regarding John, I will definitely pass on the comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Large modern rooms with good beds. Good temperature control. Very nice view over the harbour area, which is where the nightlife is. TV a little on the small side for these modern times. Water pressure needs a boost too. But the cleanliness is good and the design as you would expect from this chain. Good coffee in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour from about the 8th floor upwards.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review, and your comments regarding the TV size, good news is that we are upgrading all the TV's and within the next month the TV's will be bigger.
Thank you for the comments regarding the water pressure, I will have a look at what is going on.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

A hotel with no heart but Clean, central, functional... Oh and expensive.. £24 to park the car for the night so don't forget to add that on. When did hotels decide that a woman not only doesn't want a dressing table but that she doesn't even want to look in the mirror when using the hair dryer or straighteners? If I sat on the floor and leant over I could just about see the top of my head, as there were no plugs near the mirror. But good desk for working man, sockets in bathroom for his razor!!. Hmm this hotel must just be for men on business trips..

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with a view or you risk looking out onto a brick wall.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coco F

Thank you for your comments.

Parking is not cheap in Bristol unfortunately unless you are prepared to walk a bit. For convenience we offer a valet parking service which removes that need to look it but it is comparable in price to the outside areas

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I took my other half to Radisson Blue Bristol for his birthday.

We upgraded to Business class for a small fee, and it was worth it for the views! The hotel was quiet and the staff were friendly. I used the valet service and managed to leave my mobile phone in the car, there were kind enough to notice I left it in there and bought it up to me without me asking. They were also very quick to respond to a problem with our coffee machine.

We went to a few bars and pubs which were only a stroll away, however the highlight of the trip was having our own picnic in our room and looking out at the views! The weather wasn't amazing, so I'd imagine the views would be even better on a sunny clear day.

Room Tip: Apply in advance for an upgrade if it is possible. I paid for a standard room but selected to upgrad...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Picnic in the room what a great idea, with the big windows I may try that myself.
Thank you again for the comments on the valet and your phone I will thank them for that.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night. Although we had a room on a high floor with a good view over the water, the lifts are truly awful, totally inadequate for the number of rooms they service and extremely slow. We waited for 10-15 minutes each time we needed to use them and eventually resorted to using the stairs in frustration. The bed was fitted with a duvet that was a size too small, a foot was missing from the scales in the bathroom so it was impossible to stand on them, the furniture was scratched and shabby. The location of the hotel is convenient but quite noisy at night as it is in the midst of a number of lively bars and clubs.
However my biggest objection to this hotel is that I was informed on arrival that while a print of my card would be taken as a guarantee, no payment would be taken until check out, as is normal practice. However on checking my credit card account I discovered that £70 over and beyond the cost of the room had been deducted. I rang and spoke to the manager who told me that the additional charge was a deposit to cover the possibility of damage and the money would be credited back to my account "in 10 days or so". I have used many hotels across the world but have never before experienced such an outrageous practice. I have asked my credit card provider to resolve the matter. Based on this experience I will not use Radisson hotels again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellie R
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at the hotel.

I can completely sympathise with the issues experienced with our lifts, we're currently in the process of upgrading them and we hope this will resolve the current issues experienced.

As for the issue with the pre-authorisation I'm extremely sorry this was not explained to you fully upon the check-in. I believe my assistant has reached out to you and personally and resolved this issue.

I hope that you will consider us for your future stays in Bristol.

Kind Regards

John Bailey
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great location (10 minutes walking from Temple Meads Train Station, or 5,00 £ by taxi).
Neat the harbour, great restaurants.
Staff very polite and handsome.
Rooms with high standards (amenities, mini-bar, tub, air condition working !!!) and very clean.

Room Tip: Choose above 8th floor for a great view, and in the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you very much for the great review.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon