“Very good overnight hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
London, United Kingdom
“Very good overnight hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We had chosen the Radisson as my husband is apart of their loyalty programme and we were down from London to see a show at the Hippodrome and the hotel was conveniently located.

We were going to walk from the train station but it started to rain so we got a taxi for £7 (including tip). If we had walked it would have been about 15 minutes.

The hotel is centrally located and next door to a Sainsbury's, good for water and anything else you need if you don't want to pay hotel prices.

Although I had booked a business room, they upgraded us to a suite on the 17th floor.

The room was large and clean, with a mezzanine level with a living area and second TV. The bed was comfortable and the room also had a proper coffee machine which we used.

The balcony although provided great views of Bristol, was also accessible by all other guests on the same floor as us. As a result we kept our curtains shut quite a bit as our neighbours at one point were walking along the length of it.

The gym area is small for a hotel this size, but as only one other person was using it when I went down at 7am it wasn't a big problem.

The breakfast buffet provided a great selection of cereals, breads and hot food, all very fresh!

The elevators was the hotel's major downfall. One time we used it, we pressed ground floor and then it proceeded to go up and down continuously without going to the ground floor. This happened a few times and would stop at random floors as well.

Overall a good centrally located hotel with pleasant staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you very much for the review.
The views from the top are stunnning and you are right the balcony is open to all 17th floor guests, we are looking at ways to partition off each room but currently we rely on everyones respect for others privacy.

We do hope you will choose Radisson Blu Bristol next time you are in Bristol

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. This hotel is perfectly situated in central Bristol. Without exception, the staff were fantastic and very personable. I had an issue with the shaver point in my room. Within minutes an engineer was there and once it was established it couldn't be mended I was upgraded to a beautiful suite on the 17th floor. I loved the room and the amenities. There is a good little gym, great restaurant and breakfast was good too.

The reason for not giving this hotel a '5' are simply about wifi and electrics. There were so few power points in my room that I had to juggle re-charging my various business devices. Secondly, if you're a business person who is wifi reliant then you might want to stay elsewhere. This hotel use the universally hopeless Swisscom wifi system. It always takes forever to get connected (most of my colleagues just gave up) and then once you do get online Swisscom drops out continually.

Come on Raddisson - if Holiday Inn and Hilton can sort out decent, uncomplicated wifi so can you guys!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry you could not get on to Wifi, this is not an issue we generally hear of. We are one of the only hotels in Bristol that have 100mb Free Wifi, unfortunately you have not been able to make use of that and that troubles me.
Would you be so kind as to call me directly so i can resolve this issue straight away.

best reagrds
Paignton
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Booked this for our 10th wedding anniversary and so glad that I did. When we arrived we had our upgraded room as requested on a high floor, 1104, with views from 2 different perspectives. There was a lovely chocolate dessert, Easter egg and card left for us too. The hotel is perfect for everything. It took us about 10-15 minutes lovely walk to Cabot Circus and there are so many places to eat and drink within 2 minutes its great!! The staff were fab and friendly and the breakfast choice was superb. Racking my brain for a negative and can't find one. Thanks for our memorable break at the Radisson Blu. :-) (I would also feel more than comfortable going with our two young boys)

Room Tip: Personally I would always ask for the highest floor possible in a hotel like this. We went mid week...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Great to hear you had a good time with us, I will be happy to pass your comments to the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best Regards

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the Radisson Blu Bristol for a joint birthday celebration. My husband and I had stayed there before and it was as good as last time!

The reception staff were most helpful and we had our car valet parked. We were upgraded to a business class room which was spacious and tastefully decorated with a view of the quayside.

We had breakfast both mornings and it was fantastic, the choices for continental and cooked were vast and the service was polite and extremely efficient.

I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Bristol - whilst it is certainly not the cheapest hotel in Bristol - you get what you pay for and here it is a brilliant stay.

If I had to make one negative point (and it is a small one) the lift can sometimes take ages and then bypass the level you are on which is annoying but if you not too high up the stairs will keep you fit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the quayside
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for the review.
It was great to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Wolverhampton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our grown up children had a room with two single beds on the 10th floor, and we had a double room on the 12th floor. Ours was overlooking the harbour and the kids' room overlooked the opposite side. Both had marvellous views across the City and Harbour/Quay. Lovely spacious clean rooms. Quiet air conditioning. Nice bathrooms with the obligatory toiletries. Shower not too powerful but it worked ok. We didn't eat (the expensive) breakfast at the hotel, we wondered down the Quayside to Wetherspoons each morning. Saved a bit of money that way and would recommend.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms get better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for review. We very much appreciate the comments

London
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed only one night, but since the begining Ithought I did a good close. Very warm welcoming staff; the room was in the first floor, clean, nice design and good size. The hotel is located in a perfect position to visit the city: bars, restaurants and famous attractions are really around. Definitely i ll come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for the great review, Fantastic

Best regards
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my second visit to a Radisson hotel. A warm welcome from friendly reception staff on arrival providing all the information we needed. The hotel foyer area is actually quite fun - divided into lots of cosy nooks for groups of different sizes; this must be a Radisson thing because we saw a similar sort of design at the one in Guildford. I quite like it as it creates a really nice atmosphere. Great for sipping a drink and people watching.

The lifts weren't the best (and took us via the basement on every trip!) but this problem is apparently being sorted soon but it didn't delay us unduly in any case.

Our room on the 11th floor was lovely and big. Just a pleasant, relaxing space with nice fittings, big comfy bed and excellent views towards the south over the Watershed and well beyond. Nice bathroom, grey tiles - just fine. Complimentary slippers - I'm such a sucker for this kind of thing.

The included WiFi was the fastest and easiest to connect to in a hotel that I've experienced, anywhere, to date.

Breakfast wasn't included so we got a couple of £9.99 'special deal' cards from the receptionist on our first day. A fine breakfast with high quality fare justifying the price. Slight confusion over the payment as I registered a credit card on arrival but this information hadn't reached the breakfast coordinator's list; but it was all sorted after a couple of minutes and a phone call. We tried out a cafe along the waterfront for breakfast on the second day - lots of food and drinks options just a minute's walk away.

I used to live in Bristol and often walked past this old, grey and boring "Bristol and West" tower as it was then. The transformation into this hotel has been remarkable and the building is now a striking local landmark - impossible to miss on the 15 minute walk from the railway station.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lifts better now but thanks for the the comment