“Great location, great breakfast.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Great location, great breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Another good experience at this hotel. Normally avoid hotel breakfasts, usually poor quality and overpriced...not this time, great hot and cold buffet and excellent staff.
Used the hotel parking, expensive but very good service.
Well done Radisson Blu Brustol

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian J
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for the lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best regards

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed at Radissons previously, but this was first time at Bristol, where we had two nights in one of the Penthouse Suites. Nice hotel, and good public rooms, incredibly slow lift which has a mind of its own, don't guarantee you will go to the floor you want to!!! Went into our suite to find two television sets both blaring away, and the suite was so hot it was almost unbearable. The suite was a duplex and once we got the air conditioning on it did eventually cool down. Lovely bathroom, with lots of good size toiletries, and all spotlessly clean. Nice touch that the drinks in the fridge were complimentary, but was disappointed that robes cost £45 if you want one* Nicest thing by far was the balcony, however, our outside door was very heavy to open, and had to be wedged in the open position with a chair! Also it was a communal balcony for 5-6 suites, and it was disconcerting when other guests wandered past our window, and made one acutely conscious of not coming out of the bathroom in just a towel!, it would be so easy to put some trellis work up to divide the balcony to give guests some privacy (as the end suite already was). Was disappointed though that the large bed was in actual fact, two singles pushed together. Breakfast was ok, no smoked salmon* and the bacon was really fatty and not that hot. Also didnt like the fact that sauce came in bottles, and that jams etc were also in jars with a spoon for you to take what you wanted (even Best Western have small individual pots, and sauce comes in small containers!!! On both mornings we had to ask for tea and coffee, on the second morning the staff seemed far more interested in cleaning tables than checking we had drinks, and when I politely asked the waited just said 'sure; and shuffled off...... at almost £300 per night I expected better!!!! *Radisson Liverpool please give Bristol some pointers, that is a superb example, and well worth the money, Bristol could be if it could just tweak some of the things that let it down.

Room Tip: Penthouse is great for views, but either keep curtains closed, or don't get naked in front of th...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding the top floor, it is already in progress to place separators on the balcony as you have mentioned
Noted your comments on the breakfst but as part of our green policy and recycling we do not use mini portions due to excessive packaging, but thank you.
i will follow up on the breakfast service as this is not the way we want to be percieved, we pride ourselves on personal service and I am not sure where this has gone wrong. i will follow up.

Thank you again for taking the time to reviewing the hotel.

Cardiff, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed overnight recently for a concert at the Hippodrome. Certainly ticks all the boxes if you're going for a show at the Hippodrome or Colston Hall - just a very short stroll away.
Room was spacious and modern and the bathroom was spotlessly clean (sadly not something you can take for granted anymore). I was also pleased that the hotel had apparently picked up on our online booking request - we'd asked not to be on the ground or first floor in case of noise but I'm a little uncomfortable with heights. Room 402 on 4th floor was spot on!
Breakfast was probably the best buffet we've had for some time in a hotel - a great range of hot and cold options and again all spotlessly clean and well maintained.

It seems mean to point out negatives when all the important things were so well catered for but here goes....:

- we chose to book partly because the hotel advertises its bar as being open until 1.00am daily. We're not huge drinkers but whenever we're away for a concert, we like a debrief over a last drink before turning in. We got back to the hotel just after 11.00 and found the bar preparing to close. In fairness, we were served (albeit a little reluctantly) but it was a little uncomfortable to feel that we were responsible for keeping a member of staff late. I can understand if the hotel doesn't feel it can operate a bar so late but then it probably shouldn't advertise the fact that it does.

- we had the valet parking including in our rate and on arrival/drop-off we were asked the time that we'd like the car back the next morning. We agreed a time of 8.30 and arrived promptly in reception only to be told that we should have given 30 mins notice for collection of our car. Again, in fairness, the car was collected quickly but we'd need to bear this in mind for future.

- lastly: would have been nice to have a couple more pillows in the room. I think we read somewhere that we could have phoned down to Reception to ask for a couple more but by the time we realised that there weren't any in the room it was quite late and we didn't want the hassle. Apart from that the bed was very large and very comfy!

Other than that, we were very happy with this hotel. The only thing that might stop us coming back is the early bar closure which we haven't experienced at the other hotel in Bristol that we sometimes stay at. Probably not an issue for most people though.

Room Tip: No complaints about room 402 - spacious, bright, spotlessly clean. Slightly offset from the front o...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

i am very concerned about the bar comments as we definately do not close the bar at 11. I will find out what has gone wrong and ensure this does not happen again.

Please accept my appologies and rest assure the next time you visit all will be perfect.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here one (actually a half) night on our business trip. There isn't anything else but good things to say about this hotel. Location is good, rooms were spacious, very well kept and clean. Reception staff was friendly and helpful. We left so early in the morning that we didn't have a change to eat breakfast (only coffee and fruits to go) but dinner in the evening was very good indeed. One thing thought: the elevators are bit 'stupid' and slow. Happy to come here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the lovely review.
Please contact me directly should you wish to stay here again.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Radisson Blu is a contemporary multi-storey hotel located in the very heart of Bristol. With valet parking available (a bonus but a bit pricey), this hotel is suitable for both tourists and business travellers.

The hotel itself is standard international four star fare. It has all of the services that you'd expect other than a Spa and pool. The food (breakfast, dining, room service) is ample and good if a bit uninspired. The staff are friendly, professional and do go beyond the norm to help guests out. In particular, we had a problem with a suitcase and both the concierge and reception team did a huge amount to help us out.

Where this hotel excels is its location. It is on Broad Quay and is surrounded by the cafés, restaurants and clubs that make up Bristol City Centre. The hop on hop off city tour bus goes from outside the front door. The M Shed Museum is a 10 minute walk away. Historic local taverns like Llandgoer Trow are close by. This is where you want to be.

Overall, this is a hotel that I am happy to recommend to all. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 10th or above floors facing South.
1 Thank George J
Great to have such a full and helpfull review, thank you very much.
we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends, after travelling to Bristol for the bank holiday weekend. The hotel itself is in an excellent position for the Harbourside and is bright, clean and modern. The bedroom and bathroom were really nice and breakfast which was buffet style, was also nice and there were plenty of tables available. The staff were also pleasant.Potential guests however need to be aware, of what happened to me on checkout which has given me a week of sleepless nights. When I checked in, I was asked to leave a credit/debit card imprint which I have done many times before and is normal procedure. I left my debit card details as I intended to use this card to pay my bill. However, when I checked out, I decided to use a different card to pay the bill.The receptionist was aware I was using a different card. Again, I have stayed in many other hotels and not found this to be a problem. After checking out, and returning home, i checked my current account and noticed a £350 pending transaction. When this was queried with the hotel they said it was my pre-authorisation amount and would take a couple of days to clear off my current account. I am very angry about this, because the receptionist didn't inform me that such a ridiculous amount would be pre- authorised and also failed to inform me on checkout that if I settled my bill with a different card, it could take days to clear the pre-authorisation amount. It is outrageous that after I checked out and paid my account with the hotel, I then didn't have access to my own money in my current account for FOUR days.It took days of phonecalls to the hotel and my own bank before this was cancelled, and I was informed by the hotel's accountant because I used a debit card, it could take up to FIVE days to cancel the pre-authorisation. This whole experience completely ruined what had been a lovely stay in Bristol.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hippychick34
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues experienced and following our conversations last week I believe that this issue has now been resolved.

We really appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Kind Regards

John Bailey
Front Office Manager
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here whilst visiting friends who love in city centre Bristol. This is very well located in the middle of everything. We stayed on a high floor with fantastic views of the harbour. The room was spacious, modern and very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic, everything you could want with high quality sausages and bacon. My wife tucked into the more continental cheese selection. The one draw back are the lifts, they were slow and unreliable, you'd think a hotel of this size and height would be better catered for lifts.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for the review.
It is always nice to hear the teams efforts rewarded.
Thank you anvery much and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future