“Pleasant stay despite funny smells”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I had a one night stay here in late April. Check in was seamless, very friendly and welcoming staff. The room was spacious, clean and modern and a comfy bed. I was on the tenth floor and had no noise at all so I was able to get a good nights sleep. I didnt take advantage of the breakfast offer but it seemed a reasonable price for a 4 star hotel. My only slight issue was there was a strong stench of a certain illegal substance from the corridor of my floor when I arrived, this had gone later in the evening though so I didnt report this to staff. Overall other than this slight blip it was a good hotel and i'd stay again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gareth848
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for the review. We do not accept any illegal behaviour in the hotel and it is a shame you did not tell us at the time, but this is something we will be monitoring more diligently going forward.
Thank you again.

best regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last Friday and Saturday. I booked and paid for a double room with 'river view' through Expedia. We arrived around 7:30pm and were given a twin room with a view of a wall about 20ft away. Room wasn't bad. Disabled bathroom made noises from poorly designed plumbing.

Reception staff - wow there's a lot - varied between "leave it with me and I'll see what I can do" through "there's no way to guarantee a river view as we allocate rooms on arrival" (this one clearly missed the customer care training). All very confusing as they could have moved us to a river view room on Friday - on the floor adjacent to a prom party, but had none available of Saturday. Someone was not being wholly truthful. We just felt as though we were insignificant, had a 'cheap' booking and didn't deserve anything better. They did send someone to 'convert' our twin into a double pretty quickly though.

And, on the subject of truthful.... watch out for the valet parking line of only being £3 more than the NCP. For a 5 minute walk, there's a car park for £5 a day and £4 overnight.

Shall not be staying here again - nor any other Radisson. Their policies and attitudes disappoint.

Room Tip: if you expect a river view - check in very early
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback following your stay with us.

I'm disappointed to hear of your experience with your room allocation. We always do our up most to meet the expectations of our guests and I'm sorry that on this occasion we didn't. I would appreciate if you contact me personally at the hotel so we can discuss your experience in more detail?

There are alternate parking options in the city, however from our experience these options we would not consider as 'secure' as they are open air and often have no security. The hotel only recommends alternate parking options that we would class as secure such as the nearby NCP parking.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently booked 3 rooms via Hotels.com, one twin and 2 doubles. This was for my hen night with my future mother in law and family. Imagine my horror when she thinks I have deliberately booked her into a disabled room in the disabled refuge part of the hotel, which is twin single beds and a wet room.
I complained to the receptionist who advised it is what I requested through Expeidia.....Umm no, I showed her the email booking confirmation to prove I requested a standard double. Her response was sorry we are fully booked. No mention of the Radisson Blu 100% satisfaction guarantee or money back policy.

Room Tip: show them the email confirmation whan booking in so it eliminates them getting it wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate W

Thank you for providing your feedback following your stay at our hotel.

I was disappointed to read of your experience. I have addressed your concerns with you personally and hope that you will consider us should you wish to return to the city.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

One night weekend stay for 2 in June. The reception was welcoming and speedy with room keys(cards) and information given quickly, We had a twin room on the 16th floor (business class). Lift was very quick. Room was very clean and beds extremely comfortable. Floor to ceiling windows with a great view over the harbour/docks area. Extras such as fluffy robes and expresso machine very nice (no biscuits to go with coffee and tea maker). Front desk staff helpful when information needed. Bristol on a Saturday night is extremely loud so I am glad we had a high up room but couldnt fault the location - just a few minutes walk to shops, great restaurants, the cathedral. Breakfast was awesome. One of the best selections of everything Ive seen. Service was also good. Would definitely recommend this hotel for location and service,

Room Tip: Take a high up room if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Lovely review thank you very much

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

best regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Only stayed for 1 night. Room was lovely,view was not. Large spacious, huge double bed. Had trouble with the wifi so gave up.
Valet parking great, there is a NCP that you can book in advance on the same road, the valet parking was only £3 more so I took advantage of that.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the review, Nice to see positive comments regarding our Valet service, We think it is a great service.

Do come and visit us again soon

Best regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had one night here on a long weekend and the hotel is very well located close to the harbour area. It is nicely appointed and for the price of £70 I thought was good value. The bar area was being renovated when we were there, but the barman brought our drinks to us at the outside tables.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Lovely review.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unfortunately we arrived very late but had a good greeting by the night staff. We were too late to park in their car park so were a bit put out that we had to go to an NCP which cost £20.00 overnight. Then we discovered that the hotel's car park would have cost more! Good room lovely view of the harbour and city.and all was well until THE TEAPOT! A good range for breakfast and we sat in the window ... all good. Then I ordered my strong tea and a hot water for my partner. Tea came in a 'Thermos' jug and hot water in a TEAPOT! That is how they serve tea, apparently. That is OK I suppose but it is just so bizarre to put tea in a tall jug and water in a teapot! WHY? This is Britain, it is the National Drink ... please get it right and DO NOT put an extra teabag on the side. Surely anyone in catering knows (sic) that tea needs to be made with boiling water, straight from the kettle/still, whatever and coffee should NOT be made with boiling? Surely?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback following your recent stay.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues experienced and have communicated your feedback to the relevant members of the management team. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

I hope that you will consider to stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind Regards