“Excellent location for city visit.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
“Excellent location for city visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We only stayed for one night and took advantage of the summer special rate. Staff were helpful and allocated us the twin rooms we requested, even though we knew that our booking did not guarantee any specific room. Everywhere was very clean and comfortable and the rooms were spacious and well equipped with coffee/tea tray, fridge with complimentary water, safe, hairdryer, toiletries, quality TV and reading material. Fantastic views over the city. Only slight complaint was that the duvet is very warm for summer evenings - a top sheet would have been more comfortable.

Comfortable small lounge area and bar, both with TV's were available and well used on the night we stayed. Service was rather slow. Good choice at breakfast buffet which was available from 6.30 - 10.30.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the lovely review, I will have a look and see what we can do about the top sheet as I am the same with temperature.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Christopher Peach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a popular hotel for me as it is located very close to the Harbourside so good for restaurants and the Hippodrome Theatre. The staff are friendly and the rooms large, attractive and comfortable. of course, you can't gaurantee the view. We didn't eat here as the Harbouside is close by. One good thing here is that you can leave your bags behind the desk once you've checked out, which means you don't have to rush away if you want to look around Bristol. Wish they could sort the lifts out though as frequently they will go right past your floor without stopping. Late at night, be prepared to be challenged when entering by the security guy. This is a good thing as while seated at the bar it was surprising to see how many men tried to enter the Hotel for "no good reason", were challenged and turned away.

Room Tip: This is a Tower hotel, the higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your comments.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We like to keep the doorman on at the weekend so our resident guests dont get disturbed.
Thank you for the review and you are right the high rooms are great.

thanks again and we look forward to welcome you back

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for our wedding anniversary for 2 nights. The service was excellent and made an already wonderful hotel even better. The breakfast is a buffet which was lovely but you could also order other items from a menu. The location is great for shops and places to eat and drink around Bristol. The staff was smiling from the check in with Carola until check out with Lisa.:) Thanks for a great stay. We will be back..:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review, lovely to have you with us and thank you for your nice comment about the team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here with my parter at the end of June, and when we checked in our room wasnt ready, so they made a last minute change, 3rd floor, no view (a wall) and the whole areas stunk of smoke. Heavily. I'm not one to complain, ever - so I asked politely to be moved. From room 303 to 630. They didnt seem to care that I didnt enjoy smoke and brushed me off as quickly as possible. Anyway, the valet parking guy and service was excellent, the hotel was pretty clean and the staff we fairly friendly. I'd stay again for the location, but not the price. £129 for a night plus £23 for 24 hours parking.

Room Tip: as high as possible, and higher numbers on each floor. I.e. not room 1 to 7 on each floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear you did not feel you recieve the best service. obviously this is not how we wish to be portrayed.
Please contact me next time you stay and i will ensure all is perfect.
Thank you agian.

North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my sister.It was my first visit to Bristol.The hotel has an excellent central location, the rooms are spacious with panoramic views of the city and the breakfast was very good.

I found the staff very helpful. Firstly the young ladies on reception were efficient, friendly and helpful.I wanted to visit Tyntesfield a National Trust property which is about 8 miles away, and they found out all the relevant details about opening hours, getting there etc.It certainly is worth a visit if you are in Bristol. You can get the bus there and the stop is just outside the hotel.

We needed a taxi to take us to Avonmouth and asked Reception to book one for us .The price quoted by a local taxi firm used by the hotel was £20. However upon arrival the driver charged us £27. I complained to the firm but they did not get back to me as promised.So I contacted John Bailey to express our concern about the taxi firm.Clearly it was not the hotel's fault but they needed to know about our experience to prevent other guests being treated the same way.

John then pursued the matter on our behalf and contacted me to let me know that the taxi firm accepted that we had had bad service and are now going to refund the fare.I had not expected that and was very grateful to him.

So full marks for customer service even when it was not strictly speaking the hotel's fault.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for the lovely review regarding the hotel and the team.
I was informed about your case and so glad we managed to solve the issue and make your stay memorable.

Do please stay with us again soon

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I had a one night stay here in late April. Check in was seamless, very friendly and welcoming staff. The room was spacious, clean and modern and a comfy bed. I was on the tenth floor and had no noise at all so I was able to get a good nights sleep. I didnt take advantage of the breakfast offer but it seemed a reasonable price for a 4 star hotel. My only slight issue was there was a strong stench of a certain illegal substance from the corridor of my floor when I arrived, this had gone later in the evening though so I didnt report this to staff. Overall other than this slight blip it was a good hotel and i'd stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gareth848
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you very much for the review. We do not accept any illegal behaviour in the hotel and it is a shame you did not tell us at the time, but this is something we will be monitoring more diligently going forward.
Thank you again.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last Friday and Saturday. I booked and paid for a double room with 'river view' through Expedia. We arrived around 7:30pm and were given a twin room with a view of a wall about 20ft away. Room wasn't bad. Disabled bathroom made noises from poorly designed plumbing.

Reception staff - wow there's a lot - varied between "leave it with me and I'll see what I can do" through "there's no way to guarantee a river view as we allocate rooms on arrival" (this one clearly missed the customer care training). All very confusing as they could have moved us to a river view room on Friday - on the floor adjacent to a prom party, but had none available of Saturday. Someone was not being wholly truthful. We just felt as though we were insignificant, had a 'cheap' booking and didn't deserve anything better. They did send someone to 'convert' our twin into a double pretty quickly though.

And, on the subject of truthful.... watch out for the valet parking line of only being £3 more than the NCP. For a 5 minute walk, there's a car park for £5 a day and £4 overnight.

Shall not be staying here again - nor any other Radisson. Their policies and attitudes disappoint.

Room Tip: if you expect a river view - check in very early
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback following your stay with us.

I'm disappointed to hear of your experience with your room allocation. We always do our up most to meet the expectations of our guests and I'm sorry that on this occasion we didn't. I would appreciate if you contact me personally at the hotel so we can discuss your experience in more detail?

There are alternate parking options in the city, however from our experience these options we would not consider as 'secure' as they are open air and often have no security. The hotel only recommends alternate parking options that we would class as secure such as the nearby NCP parking.

Kind Regards