“Convenient location”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Close to harbour, walking distance to restaurants and bars. Friendly and helpful staff. Parking close by. Easy to reach by car. Recommend for both business and family stays. Everything clean and tidy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jobeStockholm_Sweden
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for the lovely review, Glad you enjoyed your stay
We look forward to welcoming you back

Christopher Peach

Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

One night stay only( a Saturday.) Phoned the day beforehand to ask if it would be possible to access room earlier to get ready for a wedding.Asked to phone the following day which I did en route and again told the hotel was very busy but they may be able to help.In the event were able to get in to room by 1p.m which meant we could relax properly and have a bite to eat before dressing for wedding.Charming head receptionist seemed to have been instrumental in sorting this and instantly recognised our name when we tried to check in,more in hope than expectation. Had a snack in the bar area(for some reason the restaurant wasn't open but we were told the same full menu was available in the bar area.) This turned out not to be the case,but again a very helpful Hungarian waitress persuaded the chef to produce the all vegetarian sharing platter advertised in the restaurant but not seemingly on the bar menu! Delicious range of Italian antipasti with good quality olive oil and balsamic offered without our having to ask(and very reasonably priced.) Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment on this.

Room on the 11th floor was quiet,spacious,comfortable and with fantastic views over the city. Good quality bed linen and toiletries, a shower that worked very efficiently and air con that I normally loathe seemed to keep the room at a perfect temperature,though I still like to be able to open a window(even on the 11th floor!)

Room Tip: Higher floors for great city views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tuds

Thank you very much for the review and your comments.
I am glad the staff managed your requests well and you were satisfied with the service and the hotel.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on a busy weekend.
Pros. Central location. We had a room on the 13th floor and had fabulous views of Bristol.
Cons.breakfast below average, staff are friendly but not very attentive. Sinks behind the bar are overflowing with dirty glasses and cups to the point there was no more room.stain on the carpet in the bedroom. Lifts are a nightmare.
So I would not recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am shocked to hear your feedback and will definately find out what has gone wrong, as you can imagine this is definately not what we want to hear.
thank you for highlighting it for us.
I hope I can convince you to come and give us another try as this is not the norm.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

A friend and I stopped in for something to eat last Saturday. We ordered drinks and went to look at the menus. I have visited this hotel before and I knew it was accessible to my powered wheelchair so I went to wash my hands and freshen up. The disabled toilet however now has a key code lock. I moved over to where the receptionist could see me and she shouted across the lobby, "you want the toilet??" I noticed there were not key code locks on either the ladies or the gents toilets so they are not forced to be humiliated in front of other guests. I duly went back to my friend but a cleaner came in and started to vacuum around the table next to ours so we left in search of more welcoming surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shoegirl708

Thank you very much for the Review and feedback,i am extremely sorry this has occurred and i am ashmaed you felt humiliated. Please could you contact me directly at the hotel for me to resolve this issue for you.

I completely understand your frustration regarding the lock on the door. Unfortunately the facilities have been horribly abused in the past and as way of protecting the health and safety of our patrons I made the desision to lock the door to keep them available to people who genuinely need them. The way you were addressed is completelty unacceptable and I will be taking this up with the team. as mentioned above please contact me directly I would very much like to discuss this with you

Appologies again,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in July. The room was spacious and clean and the staff friendly. And the AC worked very well, which was a huge relief for us in the middle of the heatwave. The location is excellent as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Would not stay at this hotel again, dark and dingy room poor wireless connectivity, and staff whilst polite do not understand questions or choose to ignore them. Being a loyalty card holder for this Brand is meaningless as it does not offer any benefit

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank S M

Thank you for the review. I can see that there were quite a few things you were disatisfied with.
Please can you contact me directly at the hotel to resolve these problems at your convienience.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On the edge of the older (and smarter) part of town, and just about walkable from Station (we didn't), its in a great location. A fairly smart hotel, but not quite on the same level as other Radisson's; felt like a posh Travelodge. Rooms were clean and comfortable, with good air-con and soundproofing. Breakfast was very good; got a discounted rate on checkin (wasn't included in the price of the room).

Normally a room on the 14th floor would be a bonus but in a hotel with some of the worst lifts ever, being that high was a pain. Seems a bit petty but after you've been waiting 5 minutes for a lift more than a few times over a weekend the joke wears thin; on our way down one day we were asked if we could step out of the lift so someone who'd been waiting for a long time with bags and needed to be at the airport urgently could get in.

With a decent deal for a room near the ground I'd recommend it; don't pay over the odds and avoid anything above the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Avoid high floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shaun D
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your review.

We constantly work to improve both our product and the quality of service we offer. I understand your frustrations about the lift's and this something we have invested in significantly over the past 12 months and something we will continue to focus on improving for our future guests.

Best Regards