“Perfect”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Just returned from the Radisson Bristol, had a wonderful time, loved the hotel, check in was quick , no problems with the lifts, room was perfect, cant wait to return...

Only negative pillows were too soft ...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Amazing view from our business room on the 14th floor. Vertigo inducing floor to ceiling windows gave an amazing backdrop whatever time of day or night.
Great location in the heart of the city. Decent finish and standard throughout.
Breakfast is good. Staff generally friendly. Gym is bleak. No pool
BE WARNED... They try to mug you on the parking. It's £18 a day!! Or £14 down the road at the NCP if you're staying at the hotel. Ouch. Obviously they get stick about it because the only unpleasant staff encounter was over the phone enquiring about this.
The other bugbear, although I wouldn't let it stop me from staying a weekend but I would if it was any longer - the lifts. Only two for a 17 storey hotel? It's a joke. A bad one that takes ages to listen to and then isn't funny. Standing in the foyer on the 14th floor watching it go everywhere but to us was initially amusing then aggravating. My Mrs took to running down the stairs!
Overall the location and the view makes it a winner and the solid four star style means it's generally comfortable.

Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed for a Friday and a Saturday evening, we were located on the first floor at the front of the building. The standard of the room was very good, a very large comfortable bed, quality bathroom and a flat screen TV on the wall. We also had floor to ceiling windows looking out to the front. Room good and staff very helpful, both on the phone and at reception.

Areas that i felt could be improved: -

Parking - there is none, and this get's tricky in a city where everywhere ie metered or pay and display - We were advised of a discount at the local NCP but this still cost us £36 for 36 hours.

Access. If you arrive by car finding the Hotel can be a bit tricky as the main entrance is a bit out of the way and can only be accessed via the one way system by going on quite a big loop away from the hotel - still we got there in the end.

The Hotel - a good standard hotel, however it seems that it's not quite finished? The main cooridors are all fine, but they do have lots of filler on the walls - awaiting painting? And the Satirwell look very poorly finished. Not sure if this is still a work in progress or whther this is the finsihed deal - at the moment it would not put me off staying as it does not affect us, however it does detract from the potentially excellent status.

The Smell - There were some odd if NOToffensive smells in the main corridors. Our room did have a not very nice smell coming from the bathroom - a musty odour that got quite stong while we were away from the room. we would have changed rooms, but for the time we were there it did not seem worth it. I mentioned it when we left and was told it would be addressesd. We were happy enough wiith that.

Overall it is a good hotel in a good location, we paid £80 a night without breakfast, would i do that again - YES. Would i pay more, maybe a little, but not a lot more than that (i admit i am quite thrifty). We did not have breakfast in the hotel, you are right in the thick of it here so finding somewehere to eat is NOT an issue. From here we walked easily around the various quays and up to the Cabot Circus and Broadmead shpooing centres (and that is with my wife being pregnant)

At night it can get a little noisy outside, but i guess this is less of an issue on the higher floors - like i said you are right in the thick of it here and they do have a "Good Night Sleep Guarantee " - so you can follow up on that if it becomes an issue

3  Thank BLIGHTY_BOARDER
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Excellent reception, perfect room. But the windows can't be opened, only aircondition available. That was awful for my asthma and my eyes got dry and red.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Checking in took ages and seem very disorganised - perhaps new untrained staff?
The room was a very clinical feeling smoking room with a dim window in the corner with no view. Looking at the photos on here the other rooms seem much nicer than mine!
On checking out they had charged four breakfasts to my room when I'd only had one!
I have subsequently stayed in the Bristol Hotel just around the corner and I would recommend there instead!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I managed to book this hotel for £60 for one night without breakfast through lastminute.com. It is a really nice, new hotel well situated for central Bristol, with excellent views. I was on the 14th floor and had a brilliant view out over the city.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room I had was a standard double, and was large with a huge bed, clean, well furnished, with a really nice bathroom. There was a fridge so you can keep food in the room if you want to (I didn't get breakfast at the hotel but bough fruit and yogurt instead). The hotel was also quite quiet and I got a really good night's sleep.

At full price it is quite expensive, especially with breakfast, but you can skip that and if you want to treat yourself to a nice stay in Bristol I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Great rooms and well equipped, with free water and coke in the mini bar. Free tea and coffee in the room also. The room had an iron and ironing board. The reception area is small. I found the staff un helpful when I wanted a latenight snack, this was reflected also the following day when they would not order me a taxi for the airport as the marathon was on , told me I would have to walk to the train station, about 1 mile away. They didnt care whether I got transport or not, very poor

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple