“Disappointed, such a shame”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Firstly this is based on staying in a accessible double room 423 stay Wed 10th Apr 2013. This was all that was available at the time of booking. When I checked in I was told that my room was straight opposite the lift and was disabled accessible. My heart dropped and was offered a twin room on the ground floor as that was all they could offer me because of the type of room I booked (what)? Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with an accessible room especially the way these are set up. My fear was that everything is at a low level. This room had a low level sink and shower, but also had a standard height shower and sink.
Anyway, I thought I'd give the room I booked a go. Where do I start? You know when stuff happens, you say here we go. The lift drove me crazy, it was going all night constantly even though nobody used it (I mean constantly). Both cups in the room were dirty, one with coffee lip marks and the other had a crusty bit of biscuit stuck to the side where someone had a swig and bite at the same time. The toilet was grim, the wet room was wet, as the water didn't drain away. The standard height shower was shockingly bad, as the shower head sprayed everywhere apart from down. It even hit the lower level shower and sprayed everywhere making the water cold as well as impossible to use. You then have to resort to using the low level shower with the head being lower than my head even when it was at it's highest setting. Stop laughing! The power of the water being so close to my skin gave me a rash on my chest and back. Comical trying to wash my hair! There was even a shower fixture that had broken off and was left in the soap tray. The room only really had one option for lights, On or Off! Not a separate set above or next to the bed, or above the sofa. There may have been one at the desk. Apart from that, the food was great and the service was good. A shame I wasn't asked how my stay was when I checked out. Great location for hotel. If I do go back, I'll only go if I am guaranteed a different room. Expensive experience £99 Room only + parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We booked a superior twin room and got 2 queen beds which were the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The room was a good size & liked the idea of being able to shut the toilet off separately to the bathroom. The shower was good and the bath was a good size. The only slight downside was that we were on the first floor and first thing in the morning the traffic sounded a bit like an aircraft taking off.
The beds were made up every day but the room obviously wasn't hoovered as there was some crumbs on the floor from Thursday night and when we left on Sunday they were still there.
When you walk out of reception you are directly opposite Cabot Circus which is very handy.
The hotel was about a 15 min walk from the station. I suggest leaving Temple Meads via the ferry exit for the shortest walk.
If I need a hotel in Bristol I'd definitely stay again but maybe ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms ot be spacious and our beds so comfortable.

I am very sorry that you were disturbed by traffic noise during your stay.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2 nights. It was really easy to find, fantastic location near to the shopping centre. Bonus - parking was secure and free!!!
Large, clean and modern room with huge bed.
The hotel restaurant had a decent menu. Food was lovely. Waiting staff was very professional and friendly.
Very satisfactory breakfast on both mornings.
We had an enjoyable visit from start to finish.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frepol
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review.

The location, free parking, lovely large bedroom, fantastic restaurant staff. What can i say, all such wonderful comments!

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great location in the heart of Bristol. Large, modern & well appointed bedrooms. Reception helpful and breakfast was satisfactory. Good also for shoppers as just across the road from Cabot Circus Shopping Centre. Price very reasonable for a decent hotel such as this.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank for for your positive review of your recent stay.

I am very pleased that you found the location so convenient and that we were so reasonably priced for the quality received.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

It is great if you want to hit the shops but i was there to work during the day and then meet a client for dinner. It was a very basic check in and lobby area isn't very welcoming. Service isn't great and they don't come up to you at all in the restaurant area to ask if you want anything, even thought they didn't have any other guests in there. I chose to work out of the restaurant as it was free wifi, whereas in the rooms, it is charged. Room was large, again ok but a bit more basic then i thought it would be. The biggest issue for me was that there is no parking on site. You park the car at the back of the hotel, thinking you have a brilliant parking space, then to be told that it is only a drop off zone and you have to move it to the Cabot Circus muti storey which you have to drive almost back out to the duel carrageway to get into.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I am very disappointed that you felt your welcome to the hotel was not great and that we offered bad service in the restaurant as this is something that we are always complimented on by other guests.

We do offer free parking for guests and it is located directly next door to the hotel. The drop off area at the back of the hotel is used by disabled guests so it is always requested for these spaces to be kept available for guests who need them and for the loading/unloading of guests vehicles.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Excellent location for shopping. Very helpful staff. Great value for money. City Centre hotel at budget hotel prices. Very comfortable rooms. Very reasonably priced bar drinks. Didn't try the food but it smelt lovely. Shopping centre is spitting distance and the parking is free for the duration of your stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Future Inn.

We are delighted that you found us such great value for money and found our staff to be so friendly.

We do have a very good location in Bristol and we are very pleased that you took advantage of the free parking on offer.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We booked this via Booking.com and it was a bargain. the location is great for a city centre break.
Our room was clean and tidy with all that we required. Free WiFi in the room would help but lets not quibble over small items. Breakfast is buffet style which I do not like but I knew this when I booked it, so lived with it. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Free car parking is a great bonus.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

I hope that next time you are in Bristol that you choose to stay at the Future Inn.