“Good location poor service”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The online booking on the website was poor so I didn't receive the room type I wanted. The staff really didn't care or help. Not great value however the breakfast was really good and the location / free parking were great. Note there was little information given about parking in the Cabot Circus car park just the postcode and you have to figure out how to get from the car park to the hotel.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel / stay again. I think you can get the same for a cheaper price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
P.Lago, Group Operations Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Good Morning and thank you for posting a review of your recent visit . I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent visit .I am a little unsure as to your complaint about your booking-you booked a superior room and that is what you were allocated-I have checked your booking and our booking system . We are always happy to provide more detailed instructions for reaching the car park- if guests require more detailed directions than the postcode for their satnav .As you are aware the car park is entirely free for guests at Future Inn and represents a saving of £16 over 24 hours-so it is disappointing that you feel Future Inns do not represent good value. In addition the car park is situated right next to the NCP car park-literally a few steps away- and there are signs at the pedestrian exits ,once you have parked, directing guests to the hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.If I can be of further assistance please contact me or the General Manager at the hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,814)

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Free parking at Cabot Circus multi-storey was a major plus for this hotel. On the doorstep of the shopping centre, the room was clean, large and comfortable. A problem with our shower was solved immediately and politely. Would use again & recommend!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the problem you experienced was solved so quickly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was very impressed with my king sized room for only 64 pounds. it was clean comfortable, huge bed decent workspace double shower complimentary bottle of water iron and hair dryer. 10 out of 10 so far.the bar is small but good range of beers at decent price for hotel and friendly efficient staff. Young man from Ukraine was a good host.

After I had a good nights sleep and hot shower breakfast was a real disappointment. I was askedn my room number and thats all. It wasnt explained how breakfast worked nor was i shown to a table. I chose my own and went to breakfast bar. decent choice but sausages were rubber and inedible, scrambled egg a tasteless lump and bread for toaster still part frozen. After couple rashers of bacon and a part of a baguette I left. Real shame as would have given hotel 5 stars otherwise. In summary hotel great good bar and reception staff but let down by quality of breakfast and disinterested staff

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that on a whole, you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am however sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our breakfast service. Your comments have been passed onto our food and beverage manager and will be investigated.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel rooms & facilities were excellent as was the location.
The menu & quality of the evening meal was disappointing. The one vegetarian option was unavailable, the panacotta was not set & there was no choice for the gluten-free meal.
At breakfast no gluten-free bread & the chef could not tell us if the baked beans were gluten-free.
This is (or could be) an excellent hotel but our experience with the menu let it down badly.
So go there to sleep but go out to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am however sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your experience with our restaurant.
Your comments have been passed onto the food and beverage manager.

We do normally ask our guests to inform us in advance if they have any specific dietary requirements, as we do not normally keep many gluten free products. But Please accept our apologies.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We chose this hotel as it looked attractive and had a good reputation; this was sufficient to persuade us although it was about 15-20 minutes walk from Temple Meads station, which we would use four times before, during and after our stay. We were able to get taxis readily as required. It was evident that it was very handy for the modern Cabot Circus shopping centre, and its futuristic appearance fitted the location well. The Staff, while effective, helped to give a relaxing feel to the place. On arrival mid-evening, once settled into our spacious room, we came down to the Chophouse restaurant, beyond a glass wall adjacent to Reception, for our dinner; specials and à la carte menus were available - we opted for dishes from the former.This is a very pleasant area, with some tables in a more secluded alcove pattern; our Waiter invited us to choose the one which best suited us. Service was diligent and attentive to the consideration of my wife's allergies. There is a small bar, but with a thoughtful range of drinks; I had a good German beer. Our food was really tasty and beautifully served. On our second night, after a long day's wandering, we opted for a meal by Room Service. We were pleased to see it arrive in the care of our Maître d' of the previous night; again, it was nicely served and very tasty. we were not disturbed for collection of the dishes. The bed was large enough to get lost in, the shower was of good size, and the simplest to operate that I have come across. Breakfast, served in a basement floor, had a satisfying cooked offering, and the full range of bread, cereals, juices etc - reasonable value at an additional £9 each. we would happily return to Future Inn.

Room Tip: We were in 310 and had a peaceful night; this is at the back overlooking a pedestrian courtyard.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
All your kind comments have been passed on, and we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here with my family while gromit hunting in Bristol on a Friday night at the end of August. What a fantastic place. We were on the 4th floor overlooking the road outside and didn't hear any noise - either from the traffic outside or people returning to their rooms.
The hotel is quite hip and cool and just across the road from the Cabot Circus shopping mall.
When I stayed, the hotel was cheaper than the nearest travelogue which was an added bonus.
Thoroughly recommend the hotel. Next time I go to Bristol, I'm staying there

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 12 October 2013

stayed here again for a 5 day break as we enjoyed it so much last year when we came for the Christmas markets. No more can be said but why stay anywhere else. Lovley modern hotel in a perfect loacation in Bristol opposite cabot Circus. Big room with a massive bed that was very comfortable, the hotel and the room is spotlessly clean, and despite the traffic outside is very quiet. Nice room 213 on side of hotel overlooking a little park. Even had an ironing board and iron. Walk in shower all so clean with plenty of room. Had the breakfast which was hot and plenty of it. Best bacon I have had in a hotel!! Plenty of choice, and this filled us up all day until evening. Had a meal in the chophouse, which was good value as there was heaps, had the chicken grainger so would recommend that and cheeseboard which was piled high with cheese! Staff very helpful. The breakfast is served downstairs, we were concerned as my wife has limited mobiity at the moment However the nice blonde lady in the breakfast room saw she was struggling and told us about the lift downstaires we were not aware of, I thought this was very nice of her. Car parking is a boon and the car park is well lit and felt safe leaving car there for free!! saved a lot of money. I would highly recommend this hotel, and will always use it now next time we come back down to the wonderful city of bristol. PS ice machine on 2nd floor very good to keep wine chilled and a laundry. sainsburys few minutes walk for a cheap drink!!

Room Tip: Room 213 has a nice view of a local park and intersting watching the world go by

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to see you have chosen to return to the Future Inn for the second time. It was great to welcome you back again.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay again as you did last year.

Your kind comments have been passed onto the rest of the team.