“Everything was fine until they did something very annoying”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
London, United Kingdom
“Everything was fine until they did something very annoying”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were happy with the hotel (big, clean rooms) until the time of the check out. We asked to leave a small suitcase at the reception for a few hours and were told there was no space! When we asked again, the level of rudeness from both people at the reception was shocking, even more annoying than carrying the suitcase all day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that on a whole you enjoyed your stay with us.
At the Future Inn we pride ourselves in giving the best customer service to our guests as possible. I am very sorry to hear your experiences on departure. I can only apologise if you found our reception team to be rude or dismissive.

In regards to our luggage storage, we do operate at a first come first serve basis. The only reason we would have declined your luggage was that we did indeed have no room to store it.

We do hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Hotel Reception

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve is a superior king size room and was very impressed with the quality of fixings, comfort and standard of the room. However, with the exception of the nice young man when we checked in, all other staff were discourteous and dismissive. Absolutely no customer service skills employed at breakfast or when we checked out. Even a "good morning" as we walked past reception en route to breakfast was met with a scowl and no response. The breakfast was about the worst we've had for a long time. The rooms are not cheap but we have had better at budget hotels. There was poor choice. The cooked buffet was cold, swimming in grease and tasted like cheap cooking oil. Perhaps they didn't want to be working New Years Day, but then they are in the wrong job!!

Falkirk
Reviewed 27 December 2013

When we visit Bristol we usually stay at the Future Inn but on this occasion we made other arrangements. I checked out the website and saw that they were providing Christmas Lunch so I booked a table for three. We were very impressed with the organisation (before and during the meal), the food was excellent and value for money £30 for appetisers, three course lunch, coffee and mints and a gift of a box of chocolates) and the staff were very professional. The lunch was served on the 6th floor in the conference centre which was a great venue for the numbers attending and the views of the City were lovely.
Thank you team for making our Christmas celebrations special.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas day lunch, and thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas with us.
Your kind words have been passed onto all the staff working that day.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time. I stay at hotels on frequent basis due to the nature of my work. Shocking customer service, management team dysfunctional, the so called general manager a lady who I could not understand due to her poor english language. Totally disorganised, I understand its Christmas , but why oh why have Christmas parties in a hotel that does have the resources to do so, the music went through the whole hotel, needless to say I was not able to sleep at all, and told its stops at 1am.

I also had the misfortune of eating at the hotel, food cold, took for ages, staff oblivious, one saving grace was, I believe him name to be Gabbor, great attention and was more than helpful.

So overall extremely disappointed, am sure I will get the usual copy and paste response, but please don't bother. I will be speaking with my company to move us and our clients to another hotel, yes the hotel location is good, but for the countless other places that are opposite this out of date poorly run 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay be carful of the hiding extras, wifi, room service
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Emma P
P.Lago, Group Operations Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Future Inns Cabot Circus and I am sorry that you were disturbed by the guests who were enjoying a Christmas party.
I have passed your comments concerning aspects of your stay to the various Departmental Heads and we will include your comments concerning noise when we review the Christmas party season.
However I think your comments about our General Manager are inappropriate and border on being racist-I will contact your company direct myself and I think it better, as you state in your review, that you do not stay at Future Inn again. I will forward a copy of your review to your company with my response.
Thousand of guests stay with us each year and we do not always get it right but we do always strive very hard for our guests to be satisfied and respond to their complaints in a fair and appropriate manner and in return we ask for guests to be courteous.
As you can tell this is not a 'cut and paste' response nor indeed are any of our responses.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

this is a strange review as I did not stay in the hotel.my wife and I were due to stay in the hotel on the 8 and 9 of December,unfortunately my mother in law fell and broke her pelvis on the day before we were staying at the hotel,we were in the hospital till after midnight.i phoned the hotel the first thing on sunday morning hopeing to move my reservation back a few weeks,i was expecting to pay admin fees for this but was really upset when they told me there was nothing they could do and the lady I spoke to could not care less.it is really gratifying in these times of could not care less and greed to find a company who really cares about their customers...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
With regard to your recent review-you do not state in the review that you booked your stay with our Advance Purchase rate and received a substantial discount on our Best Available Rate but the terms and conditions of that discount, that you agreed to and confirmed when you made the booking, are that dates are not transferable and no refund is possible because of the large discount you received.
If you had booked under Best Available Rate you could have cancelled up to 2pm on the day of arrival without any charge-however in this instance the discount was more important to you than flexibility.
I am sorry to hear of your relations misfortune but I do not believe that Future Inns have done anything that is incorrect or unreasonable.
Lancing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were only here for one night midweek. The location was fantastic, it's right in the heart of the city, perfect for shopping and as a sight seeing base. We were in room 212 and it was clean, a reasonable size, good shower and no road noise at all. you can park in the multi story and they pay for it which overnight for us was £16 so that's a huge bonus in a city centre on top of the already very reasonable price for the room.

The only slight downside was the rather bouncy bed a slightly lumpy pillows. However, neither were uncomfortable and again, for the price and location I really wasn't worried by it. I suppose I might have worried more about the bed quality if we had been staying for longer.

We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that but I did have cheesecake at gone midnight which was really lovely.

I've stayed in places that were three times the price and not as good.

Room Tip: We were in room 212 and that side of the hotel is not on the road so it was very quiet overnight.
1 Thank Kerithh
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments have been passed on.

I am sorry to hear our bedding was not to your liking. We do not normally receive comments on our mattresses.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon. If there would be anything we could do to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know.

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

only stayed the one night and it was great, big room, even bigger bed..wow, massive, very clean and situated right across from cabot circus, ice bucket with ice machine on two floors(which were broken) but you could get it from the bar.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please accept our apologies in regards to our ice machine. Our maintenance team are currently working to repair our Ice machines. I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.