“Great service”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 13 April 2014

So I only stayed at this hotel for one day to visit some friends in Bristol. It is in an amazing location, so central and the perks of using the multi story car park are great as it's right next door, convenient and the hotel validate your parking for you as well. The prices are affordable and as such the quality is simple and effective but mostly I was impressed with the service. I was greeted by a really sweet and well mannered Receptionist whose name I noted was Harriet. She checked me in really quickly and gave me all the information I needed and I was a little bit confused as to where I was meeting my friends and she gave me great directions as well as recommending some nearby places to eat. Basically it was just nice to meet someone who was polite and friendly without being over the top. I'd definitely come back next time I need to be in Bristol.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for writing such a kind review of our Hotel.

Your comments have been passed onto the rest of our staff, including Harriet.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for a Saturday night break but first impressions were disappointing as the girl on the front desk really needs to have more training, first how to smile.
Room was good & modern but we were going to try the restaurant but it was empty & had no atmosphere what so ever.
Breakfast was downstairs in a hole with no windows & the actual breakfast was terrible.
Again on checking out the same girl on reception was so off with everyone it makes you think she was not really enjoying her job.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here five nights and had a very comfortable stay. Rooms vary but mine was a double queen with bath and shower. Very clean with the usual tea/coffee, hairdryer, digital TV system etc. Food both breakfast and evening very good and reasonably priced. Good sized portions on all menus. Only criticism is free WiFi only in foyer/restaurant areas,would give 5* if rooms also had it. Staff very helpful, great customer service. Central location near main shopping area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a couple of friends for a theatre trip. First time of staying here and although it was ok I probably wouldn't use it again. The positives were that it was in a good location right opposite the shopping centre. The staff were friendly and mostly helpful ( apart from at breakfast).
Our room was perfectly adequate although I was cold as the covers on the beds and incredibly thin. The fans in the room are very noisy and squeaked which meant we had to turn them right down but were then chilly. The mattresses were really soft and pillows seemed to be filled with bricks. It was a little noisy with late night party goers, although we would have expected this given it's location and being a Saturday night. Shower was great and lots of hot water. I did not like the breakfast set up, there did not seem to be a huge choice and the hot water ran out and although i told a waiter it never got filled up so I had half a cup of tea. The music they were playing was frankly depressing, (who wants to listen to a Dido dirge at that time of morning? All in all I think you get better value at a premier inn, the breakfast indeed is much better, it's cheaper and you get a money back guarantee.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. Your comments have been taken on board and passed onto the relvent departments.

We do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

You have to park in the multi-storey car park-which is free (a good point to this hotel). After checking in (not offered breakfast) we went to our room on the third floor. It's a pretty standard room, kettle, small tele & hairdryer. The bedding we had in the room was torn, the duvets are thin (I advise you to take blankets!). There is no wifi in the room, online an old fashioned LAN connection which is £6 an hour to use!! The heated towel rail did not work. After returning from the Hippodrome Theatre at 10pm we quickly settled however for the whole duration of the night the noise from the fan was unbearable, it was constant. Then to make things worse-the hotel had a 'hen party' whom some arrived back at 1:15am screaming and shouting and running up the corridor. Then some more arrived at 2am screaming and shouting, running up the corridor. Then another lot arrived at 3:30am not only shouting and screaming but knocking on peoples doors and running. We were told in the morning that security patrols the hotel at night...really? They were noisy enough to be heard! Really disappointed. Do not stay here if you want a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly W
Andrew-FOH, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to hear about the poor quality of the bedding in the room, i can assure that it is not like this is in every room. I have passed your comments onto the Housekeeping Manager to make sure this does not happen again.

We do have security most weekends which does keep the noise down, and whilst they do their upmost to keep noise to a minimum they can only do so much. I am sure you can understand that most hotels on a weekend have a large amount of people coming into Bristol to enjoy the city, and I can only apologise if on this occasion we failed to control the noise on your floor.

Kind regards

Andrew Hood

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Is the second time we stay on this hotel, and never be disappointed, amazing beds and showers.. clean and new, Free Parking in Cabot Circus. The Breakfast is £ 9.50 each, but you have a great places with just cross the street in Cabot Circus ..... nothing to complaint.. we back again in our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review.

We are so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again next week!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Firstly I would like to thank future inns for an wonderful "two nights" stay. I was met on reception by a wonderful team which helped and explained about the process of what I needed to know at that moment in time. Smooth running! Staff dressed very smart. Had a lovely afternoon visiting the city center. Cabot circus and the areas surrounding the hypodrome. Few noises during the night but nothing major. Breakfast was the downfall of my stay! Dark and gloomy venue came to notice waiter/waitress uniforms were very tacky, dull would be nice to see them dressed as smart as the rest of the staff I'm the hotel (a shirt and tie with a waistcoat) wouldn't go a miss would go along way ... As also I spoke to a young man I believe to be called Seamus? About this and agreed. Very polite,kind young man. Food was swimming in oil sausages abit tough and pastries were burnt. Other than that my stay At the future imam hotel was amazing will definitely be returning in the near future and hoping to see some new changes (fingers crossed) thank you future inns team! Very impressed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Paulatj76
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel.

Your kind comments and feedback and been passed onto the rest of the team.

We look forward to your next visit.