Mayfair Lodge
US$89
Agoda.com
US$104
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
Hotels.com
US$127
US$123
Agoda.com
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$100
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2013

When in the Uk last year I travelled from one side of the uk to the other plus london and paris. I found Mayfair Lodge to be excellent, with the proprietors on hand if you needed them, a friendly smile on arrival and the best cooked breakfast the whole time I was travelling. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, asking about taxis, or local restaurants. Their knowledge of Bristol was excellent. The room we stayed in was excellent, spotlessly clean with an ensuite, which had fresh towels and top ups of biscuits, tea etc daily. I have had no hesitation in highly recommending them and have to all my friends and family both in the UK and in New Zealand.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trudie D
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We went to this hotel over the weekend the toilet wouldn't t flush and the tap obn the basin .came out as a trickle and the shower is up a step that seems rather dangerous when the floor is wet I nearly fell down it on Sunday morning then the toast is rationed to two half pieces each if you ask for it of I was you I would go to down lands hotel nearby that is where we will go to next time we saw it

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs the downlands is cheaper
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jeanrosemarybrett
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed two nights recently, the welcome was quite adequate and the room very clean comfortable and warm albeit smaller than some twin rooms we have stayed in, and there was no room for swinging any cats in the ensuite. First night we did have problems parking nearby on the road but managed to park in the back on the second night. Lots of very nice touches such as bottled water and good drinks facility in the room, and the breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

To counter other comments here, on this establishment, the lady who is the owner I would say is a conscientious person of few words. I am also conscious that if I book for a night and later in the day cancel, I might be liable for 'losing' another guest booking and hence would expect to pay - it has happened to me at other small family B&Bs with only a few rooms. Hotels have more slack and less to lose.

The rooms are well-heated (in winter!) and comfortable, if a little 'traditional' ie. flouncy.
Each room has an en suite loo/shower shoehorned in (!) and a digital TV with integral DVD player (useful catching up with box sets ...)

There is free Wifi in the house with good speed and coverage.

Parking is onstreet; there is also room for a couple of small cars round the back if you can squeeze round the alleyway - ask the owner.

Breakfast is of high quality - cereal and cooked breakfast with teapot or cafetiere/coffee press. Since the cooked breakfast is prepared by the owner (plus spouse?) - as another reviewer has said, there might be a delay if everyone arrives simultaneously, but you get your own juice and cereal so there should be no real problem.

Payment is usually by card machine, but note that credit cards (not debit cards) cost the owner more to process so expect to pay a little more if using them.

Price is very reasonable for the Bristol area, I was paying mid-40's per night for a single person, staying Mon-Fri

Room Tip: Book well in advance for best price and availability.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mikewhit
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I recently had to visit Bristol with my wife and son as he had to attend the cardiac unit in the hospital for a heart operation.I booked this hotel for 2 nights as I didin't initially know how long my son would be admitted for.
The 1st night I stayed for approximately 6 hours-enough time for a shower and a few hours sleep before going back to the hospital.Breakfast was not available as I had to leave early for the hospital.I subsequently learned that I could stay at local family hospital accomodation for free.I returned to Mayfair Lodge to hand in my keys and collect my belongings.On doing so I spoke to a member of staff and explained the situation and enquired as to whether I could receive a discount as I would not be staying the second night.The ownwer refused to speak to me and passed on a message through the member of staff saying she would not be able to rent out the room again that night and I was therefore refused any kind of discount.
6 hours sleep cost me £76.
Prehaps this miserable woman could have adopted a more christian attitude.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple