“Cool Indian restaurant in hot area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raj

Raj
Ranked #28 of 1,564 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A traditional Indian restaurant in the heart of Bristol. Established since 1981, The Raj has endeavored to serve the finest Indian cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients.
London, United Kingdom
“Cool Indian restaurant in hot area”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Unable to find RAJDOOT in your listing. Never mind
The food was great
With impeccable service,
It's located in padding ton street, London w1 and you can park nearby.
Reasonable prices for excellent Indian food.

1 Thank mojon68077

• Polish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty curry”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Two of us turned up on a weeknight without a reservation. To enter the restaurant from King Street you need to go down some steps. Despite it being fairly empty, the atmosphere inside was pleasant. We were seated promptly and the service was quick. I found the menus a little confusing as there was an Early Bird Special menu with lots of things listed on it that I then had to cross reference with the main menu for more details of what the dishes were.

I asked for a glass of water (which was on their drinks menu) and was told that they didn't serve glasses of water, only bottles. In the end the waiter said I could have this as my drink option as part of the Early Bird Special. This menu allowed me one of a selection of curries, one side or starter, a sundry (naan bread, rice etc), and a drink. Unlike other Indian Restaurants I have been to there was a large variety included in this deal.

The food arrived after a satisfactory wait and the portions were generous without being overwhelmingly large, although I did have to leave some of the rice. If I went again I would consider ordering one rice between two people and two sides and two curries.

All the food was cooked well, served hot, and really tasty. The lamb in the Rogan Josh was cooked well and not at all chewy. The side dishes were full of flavour. The waiters were attentive but not overly so, which I liked. It was easy to get our bill at the end of the meal and I thought the Orange slices were a nice touch. The toilets were a little tired looking but clean.

The restaurant was well staffed, but as I went on a weeknight I am not sure what the service would be like on a busier evening.

I enjoyed my visit here and would happily go again. I wouldn't pay the full menu price for the meal I had though, the Early Bird Special Menu is priced about right.

1 Thank Nicola L
Radstock
“The best Indian Restaurant in Bristol for sure....”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It has to be said that this is quite simply a brilliant restaurant and I cannot recommend it too highly for you to visit.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

exexcellent food. Friendly staff. Warm cosy surroundings. Would definitely recommend this to friends and family. Can't wait till our next visit.

“Best curry in Bristol”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Delicious curry, great selection of dishes, good ambience and the early bird menu is excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend it!