“Great for people who need no sleep!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Fire Engine Accommodation
Ranked #44 of 49 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Our stay was at the pub for two nights over a bank holiday weekend. Our welcome was friendly by the owners & pub staff. Rooms were clean though they would have benefited from a TV in the room. our major issue with the pub was the excessive noise late into the night. We were of course warned that there was live music on the Saturday finishing around 11pm. We were not prepared to be up to 3 in the morning due to the music being played below on both nights! The cats/dogs belonging to the owners then woke us up fighting soon after the music stopped on the Sunday morning. We were also kept awake by workmen repairing a gas leak outside and no hot water for showers on the Sunday. Whilst this was not the fault of the b& b we were not offered any sort of discount.
I would not recommend staying here though if you are up for late nights then it is tolerable for a few days!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank V-Unit
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I have to say that in many trips on business i have never stayed anywhere so bad in all my time. My company had booked four weeks. It was one issue after another it started on the first night where my room was next to a tenanted flat now i know this is not the pubs fault but i was kept awake until 4.30am by extremely loud music. I was awoken at 6.30 by the building alarm going off due to the cleaner not switching it off correctly!!! i had a shared bathroom ( I accept this happens) but when i went to use it the following morning the other person sharing it had left a package in the toilet so i flushed and to my shock saw the water regurgitating from the toilet up through the shower plug hole!!!!
I was moved rooms to the other side of the house to a room over looking an extremely busy and noisy traffic lighted junction the room had no double glazing so could hear everything even people talking as they walked past. The bed in my room was about a foot too short for me to sleep on, i wasn't given clean towels everyday, the refreshment tray wasn't replenished daily and on the last day of my stay my colleagues room was double booked (she had been in it all week) so the landlord and lady decided to remove her belongings from the room and put in a different room.

although i found the land lady rude and unhelpful the landlord John couldn't do enough for you and was a pleasure to deal with as were all of the bar staff that i met and dealt with. I would not recommend this pub/B&B

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business