Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre
US$102
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$87
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotels.com
US$97
US$93
Priceline
US$82
TripAdvisor
All reviewstemple meads stationtrain stationcity centrebeanstravelling by trainbusy roadcar parksecure parkingminute walkconvenient locationmain roadbreakfast was includedbudget hotelstayed here for one nightdecent hotelwould stay againcomfortable bed
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It was exactly what we needed: across from the railway station, very clean, comfortable and affordable. The room was small, but that made little difference when we arrived late and had our eyes shut soon after. The breakfast, included in the price, wasn't anything remarkable, but it was adequate to get us started. A good hotel choice for a short railway stopover.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Vizslam0m,

Thank you kindly for your review.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the Hotel on 0117 930 4300 or indeed via email; sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk.

Kind regards;

John Morton – sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The staff are lovely and helpful so I give them credit there but everything about this hotel is wrong. From plug sockets not working to random channels on the TV to uncomfortable beds to a dribbling shower to mouldy bread in the breakfast bar. The breakfast gets special mention for poor quality. The sausages are pure gristle and the eggs are either luminous yellow or grey, muffins and croissants are stale and the options are so limited. The lack of nutrition in this breakfast is shocking since Holiday Inn were the hotel for the 2012 Olympics!!
I understand that this is their budget version of their hotels but at least maintain a certain standard of quality.
Only plus side is you have lovely staff.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Nkwilsonuk,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay, and most especially with breakfast. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is very well situated for Bristol Temple Meads Station and a reasonable walk to the City Centre. Our room was on the 6th floor with a wonderful view. Twin bedded room and very spacious. Clean with every amenity that was needed. Courteous staff both in reception and housekeeping.

Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: A higher floor room is good as the view is great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hi Dustyollie

Thank you for review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel or indeed via email.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed for just a night but were disappointed by the level of noise throughout the night.People returning to their rooms shouting goodnight to each other. We were woken up at 5am by knocking on the door next to our room. Then we had to listen to grown men giggling and laughing for over 30 minutes. Why do people think it is acceptable to disturb people just because they are not asleep? It is such a shame the hotel allows people to access their rooms so late during the night. It is such a shame for the hotel because the room was very clean!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

HI Glenys

Thank you for feedback. Sorry to hear other guests on your floor were rather loud that night. I am very happy to hear you found our facilities up to scratch and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Certainly if you are looking to book again, please feel free to contact me direct and I’ll happily offer a discount on your next stay, on our behalf.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just the night the hotel is located just opposite station so was ideal for travel
The check in was a bit slow but the room was perfect clean and free wifi
Went to the bar area to order food had to wait for a member of staff to appear the staff member was scruffy with shirt hanging out if his trousers and smelt of smoke
The food was supposed to come with side salad it was not to be seen
I tried to eat my pannini it was like a brick could not even bit into it so tried the toastie that was the same just put it outside my room
The area outside the lifts was full of litter
It would seem this hotel was either short staffed or they were lazy
Reception staff very helpful and pleasant on check out they asked me on my stay and I said they were quick to give apology and a duty manager came out and took details
They seem to take the lack of service seriously and that's good to hear
I would recommend this hotel fir location and rooms they just need to improve service

• Stayed: November 2013

Hi Steve

My colleague Nicola informed me of her conversation with you. Hopefully as you referred to, we do take a serious view on issues that you highlighted and action was indeed taken to correct this.

As Nicola said, please feel free to contact us regarding a complimentary stay voucher which we will gladly offer as a gesture of our commitment to our guest satisfaction.