The Bristol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,973 results
All reviewsfree parkingdeluxe roomcar parkoverlooking the harbouradjacent ncpnespresso machinelovely hotelbars and restaurantsexcellent locationss great britainan upgradecity centresaturday nightlovely roomcomfy bedbuffet stylea lovely stay
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Bristol hotel Friday the 7th dec
We were in Bristol to see Ellie goulding at the O2 academy which is only a 10 min walk away
Great welcome to the hotel from the very friendly and professional staff , one of the lifts was out of action so we got a free drink at the bar :)
It's right next to a ncp carpark and when we got there we were delighted to find out parking is covered by the hotel
Saving us 20 quid :)
We didn't eat at the hotel but the resturant looked night

Try and get a room over looking the docks

Would stay here again :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This hotel is superficially OK, but is let down by a number of shortcomings.

Firstly, the good:

- Decor is generally modern and stylish
- Free wifi
- Location is convenient for most things in Bristol (but see later)

Now the shortcomings:

- Rooms (or at least my room - 512) are on the small side.
- There is no means to control temperature in rooms: no air con and no heating. A freestanding plug in radiator was provided but that's not really what's expected in a 4 star hotel.
- Noise: my room faced the internal 'well' rather than the street but I could clearly hear loud noise from bars etc even though the windows were closed. This was on a Saturday night when this part of Bristol appears to become a magnet for chavs. This would be even worse in summer given the lack of air con which means windows would probably need to be open.
- Lack of attention to detail: for example, no rubber strip around the shower screen so floor got flooded every time I took a shower.

In summary, this really isn't a 4 star hotel. It's probably 3 star, but someone has employed a designer. It should be a lot better than it is but isn't anything like as good as many people on tripadvisor have made out.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Ramdon_person
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I was very disappointed to hear about the issues that you experienced with regard to your stay with us.
This is the first time I have heard about your issues and I sincerely apologise for it. It seems nothing was reported to our team during your stay which is a pity as it would have giving us the opportunity to resolve the issues you had with your room.
I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests. At The Bristol Hotel, we take great pride in the individual, friendly and courteous service that we provide to all our guests, ensuring that their comfort and care are at the forefront of what we do. As you can see on the guest reviews we have high standards here at the Bristol hotel and I apologise if they were not adhered to on this occasion
Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Bristol Hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Raphael Herzog

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed last night (Saturday), there was 4 of us for my friend's birthday. I have stayed here previously. Free parking at the weekend is great and the NCP car park is attached to the hotel. No problems getting a space. The reception is very smart and perfect check in. There are two lifts. One wasn't working but as an apology when we checked in they gave us all a voucher for a drink for the inconvenience. This is well above what a normal hotel would do. Lovely touch, great start. Had a nice size room, nice and smart with decent bathroom. Really liked the shower, big head and also a separate hose for hair washing. Nice comfy bed, all very good. Had a few drinks in the bar at the beginning of the evening and ended in there. Great service from the barman and waitress. Lovely cocktails available and it's over looking the water. Location of the hotel was perfect for us, close to a number of lovely restaurants to wobble to in our heels!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Any hotel that is happy to take on a family of 7 (incl. 5 under 7 yrs of age) would be in my good books! I had to attend a conference and brought my family - for them to explore Bristol. The Bristol Hotel fitted our budget and were willing to take all of us in ONE family room. The location was very convenient as we were 10min from the Cathedral. Our views on the 5th floor were excellent as we were overlooking the river. Breakfast was very good and we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I had to travel from Penzance for day surgery at Bristol Dental Hospital & needed a hotel in central Bristol for a one night stay. Arriving at 9 am, the very pleasant receptionist explained they didn't have any rooms ready but undertook the necessary paperwork & said they would prioritise preparing our room. On our return, the receptionist enquired about my welfare, & gave us the room key. The room was a good size, immaculate, lovely views & easily controllable heating. Throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We will certainly be back for a social visit. Thank you to everyone at the Bristol Hotel

• Stayed: December 2012