“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed at the Bristol Hotel for the last four years to be at the Harbour festival . We booked for the Friday and Saturday night . This is a very nice hotel, staff are very pleasant ,rooms lovely and of a high standard ,the beds are very comfortable.The hotel is is in the best position and the car park is next to hotel and the hotel validate your parking ticket so there`s nothing to pay.The Breakfast is excellent and a great variety so suit everyone , we would stay here again and would recommend this to all friends, family, in fact anyone .Bristol has so much going on its a great place to visit too .We will be back.

Room Tip: We have stayed on road side and waterside and found neither was no problem with noise
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear LynneT,

Thank you very much for your review.

Feedback such as yours is a great boost to everyone and I'm pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend with us.

We hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I bought an offer on Secret Escapes and was really pleasantly surprised with hotel's fantastic location and great offer. Staff are lovely here and the room was exactly the same as main photo on trip advisor. We had a room overlooking the river and it was lovely and quiet. Beds were nice and everything we needed ironing board, hair dryer and even natural paraben free products and a proper coffee machine if you drink coffee or fab tea choice. The breakfast was fab just help yourself to fab bacon, sausages etc all excellent qulaity. Even the free cocktail was massive. Free car park next door with private entrance and you can walk out on to the harbourside at the back. Their restaurant has loads of awards but didn't try for dinner wish we had now. Couldn't fault our stay thankyou to all the staff.

Room Tip: river view rooms are quiter we had a 6th floor room - call beforehand to request one very helpful st...
2 Thank halycondays
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear annsouthend,

Thank you so much for your review.

Feedback such as yours is a great boost to everyone as we make ever greater strides to look after our guests. Memorable luxury experiences are what the team continue to strive for and I am thrilled that in this instance they looked after you the way they did.

I look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Booked to stay here for 2 nights for a city break to Bristol.
Very pleased with our choice, great location, lovely room, well appointed, modern and clean. Great bathroom and wonderfully comfy bed.
The breakfast buffet that was included in our rate ( as was the parking in the NCP next door) was delicious. A wide choice of lovely produce both hot and cold.
Bar prices a little high but not extraordinary.
Would stay again and recommend to friends and family

1 Thank Vickprugby
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear vickprugby

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with other travellers

I'm delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are lovely, great view on the 6th floor and close to all the great bits of Bristol.
Buffet breakfast is really good too and all the staff are friendly and helpful.
Emmanuelle sorted some extras before we arrived which was really good and free car parking too.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ocmilo
Dear Ocmilo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review online

I'm delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your positive comments on breakfast, room and on our staff

We hope to see you back soon

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Arrived after a scorching hot day spent in Bath. Friendly receptionist and a quick check in. Lovely, bright room with fab bed and gorgeous toiletries in modern bathroom. Slight disappointment that there was no fridge in room especially as it was so hot. Slightly noisy air con. Overall though a lovely stay in a perfect location for buses, city bus and shops and many eateries. Delicious food in restaurant with friendly staff. Loved the Nespresso machine.

Room Tip: Don't worry if your room is on the street side, trees hide the view from many rooms on harboursi...
1 Thank maggierose47
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear maggierose-7

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with other travellers

I'm delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and We hope to see you back soon

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I'm basing my review primarily on the experience I had when checking in. I arrived at 2pm to check in at this hotel and was told that my room wasn't ready and had to be checked. The man who was checking me in claimed to be a manager, but certainly didn't act like one. I was then told check in is in fact 2pm onward. So hypothetically I asked my room could be ready at an
unpredictable hour in the day say 5pm to which the manager said yes. So this manager was telling me if you arrive at the advertised checked in time 2pm you are not guaranteed a room.
So you could be paying the full rate for a room you don't even get to use the whole time! When I explained how ridiculous this sounded I was given a condescending confirmation of my
comments. To make matters worse I even had called beforehand to make sure my room would be ready for 2pm.

The other staff I interacted with were quite friendly for the most part. Their top tier deluxe room was of an average size big but the furnishings were nice enough and had a decent view of
the harbor. I could see some of the rooms had terrible views of the dingy center of the hotel so we were lucky. The location of the hotel was quite good and I enjoyed the atmosphere
of the lounge area. The English breakfast was pretty standard. I've noticed quite a few high rating reviews of this hotel which I'm perplexed by as I didn't find the hotel to be anything
extraordinary.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
TheBristolHotel, Manager at The Bristol, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Mr_nyc_guy,

Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel

I appreciate your positive comments on the room and the location however I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in overall and I apologise for that.

I would just try to respond to your issue regarding check in to the best possible way.
Unfortunately we always do our best to allow the guest to check in from 2pm or before however sometimes check in time is delayed as over the weekend we usually have loads of guest checking out after midday which makes it challenging for our team to clean over 100 rooms in 2 hours which I'm sure you can appreciate. I could see as per our record that the room allocated was not ready when you came at 2pm however we've offered an alternative room but this was declined as you wanted a river view on the 6th floor. My reception manager was trying his best to get this room ready as soon as possible and I apologise if you felt that the service he provided was not acceptable. The room was ready within 15 minutes and a complimentary drink was offered as an apology for the delayed.

Once again please accept my apology and I hope that the above explained a bit more the reason in the short delay in getting the room.

Please do feel free to contact me directly next time you are in Bristol so that I could look after your reservation personally.

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great location for seeing the centre, evening dining, relaxation. Ignore the exterior because things look up considerably as soon as you walk through the door! Staff were highly trained and very helpful. The room (608) was away from the lift shaft with a decent view and very well appointed. Had cocktails in the bar after dinner and there was a great buzz, pianist, beautifully lit and bags of atmosphere. Free parking in the NCP next door. Will definitely use this hotel again.

Dear Catussehaut,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive feedback on the atmosphere in the bar, the room and the free car park.

I appreciate your comments on the outside and it's definitely not a true reflection of what you can find inside!

Hope to see you back soon

Best regards