“The Bristol Hotel worth staying when visiting Bristol”
Review of The Bristol

The Bristol
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is in walking distance from the old city, shops and floating harbour. The walk along the river quay is charming. The rooms differ in size but are rather spacious, though the bathroom is small in comparison. Everything is very clean.The windows can be opened for fresh air. The staff is friendly, correct and have the intention to make your stay comfortable.I can recommend this hotel for business, city trip and families. The breakfast with fresh fruit, smoothies and good quality coffee is very good though the room is a bit crowded with tables inpractical when visiting the buffet more than once.Pity that only from there is a hotelview on the river promenade, unless your room faces that side.

Room Tip: Only the minority of the rooms have harbour view. There is a large indoor parking adjacent to the ho...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Antonia856,

Thank you for the amazing review and for sharing your experiences with the travel community.

The hotel does boast a phenomenal location harbourside in the city centre - I am delighted this had such a positive impact on your stay with us - as did your experience in our River Grille Restaurant for breakfast complimented by our friendly service.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back with us soon.

There are newer reviews for The Bristol

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for one night with my friend.I had requested 2 beds when booking with Travel Republic but was told there were none available upon arrival at the hotel....but a big thank you to Mike Tavares for finally finding us a lovely room with a big comfy bed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kaye F,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a valuable rating and I am delighted we were able to resolve any confusion swiftly on your arrival to the hotel.

We do aim to deliver a personal, memorable experiences and it is great to read Mike conveyed our service ethos on this visit.

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon – perhaps next time you could book directly with us at the hotel to avail of more great rates and packages available.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Nice atmosphere upon entering the hotel, with friendly staff and relaxed pace. Room was wonderfully scented and filled with natural light, spacious and with a very comfortable bed. However, the bathroom was uncomfortably small, not at all functional. Moreover, there was not enough space to place our clothes, so, to a great extent, we had to live out of the suitcase. I was also disappointed by the fact that we had to phone the receptionist to have our toiletries replaced after having used them up on our first night. The wifi was easy to use but not as fast as I would like. Finally please note that the room did not have a fridge.
Having said all the above I must point out that the location of the hotel is superb and I find the complimentary parking lot with direct access to the room levels , a great advantage. Overall I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback, despite the fact that we did not manage to fully meet your expectations on this occasion - I am grateful for your feedback, which is so valuable to us as we strive to continually improve and enhance our service and facilities.

I am delighted you availed of the complimentary car parking which is adjacent to the hotel and I am hoping that the friendliness and warmth you experienced would have at least made you feel welcome and at home - I am pleased that you commented positively on this aspect of your stay.

Should you decide to return we do have 3 fantastic room categories to choose from ranging from superior, deluxe and suite, we will be more than happy to assist you in finding a room more suitable to your needs.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Bristol hotel for our wedding night. We arranged for friends and family from all over the UK and Europe to stay there too.

Unfortunately for us there was a bomb scare which meant that nobody could leave for our wedding, some people were stuck in their rooms whilst others had been moved into a safe area at the back of the hotel.

The staff were amazing though and helped members of my family get ready, co-ordinated with the police and my best man to ensure that we did get married if a bit delayed.

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites facing the harbourside and it was the perfect start to our married life...

The breakfast was better than most hotels I have stayed in and all in all this is great value for its location, food and standard of the rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the Watershed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol_GM1, General Manager at The Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Thedavepage,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted we could be of assistance to you both on your wedding day.

I will point out that the bomb scare was an external one and nothing to do with the hotel and it was August of last year if I recall!!

We hope to see you back for an aniiversary stay,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a wonderful welcome yesterday by the reception supervisor - couldn't have been friendlier. Room was good, bed was great but the bathroom was very small, in fact it was difficult to get back out of the bath due to the washbasin unit being right next to bath. The coffee machine was a lovely addition to the room but, as there were no instructions, it was a bit of a Krypton factor exercise to work it out! All in all though a very nice hotel which we shall use again.

1  Thank Andy T

Dear AndyT

Thank you for the great review and recommendation.

My apologies that there were no instructions in the room to use the Nespresso machine, typically we leave them in the box storing the coffee capsules and also a copy of the instructions in our Guest directory stored in the adjacent drawer.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back at the hotel again soon,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Conveniently located with a nice lounge bar area, breakfast buffet was great. A free car parking facility next door, great room, bath and bed. It was a good choice to stay at the Bristol. Will be back on our next visit. Totally recommended.

Dear Chandilier42,

Thank you for the five star review.

We are delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed our beds, breakfast buffet and complimentary car parking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel in the near future,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed on 22nd March 2014 in room 607. I chose this hotel as it was a special occasion and I wanted something a bit more special than the usual Premier Inn/Travelodge which is what I would usually book for a night away as they are within my budget. However when booking, the rate i got was cheaper than the premier inn and travelodge in the local area. The hotel is in a great location, right on the harbour where the night life is. However I could not hear any noise from our hotel room from the many bars that went on till early hours of the morning. There is also alot of culture, shops and market stalls close to the hotel and within a few minutes walk to the hipperdrome. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely smiley, polite row of receptionists. We were booked in within minutes by a very attentive and chatty gentleman, who asked lots of questions about our stay and seemed to show an interest in why we were there. We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room which was beautiful. It had lots of extra finishing touches including an expresso coffee machine, bath robes and slippers, We had a lovely card left on the bed from the staff congratulating us on our anniversary and even some complimentary cocktail vouchers for use in the bar. The room was clean and well equipped. The bathroom was modern and had a powerful shower and a bath. I have to say that both me and my husband commented on the bed and how comfortable it was. I suffer with my back and always struggle with hotel beds but this was the best hotel bed iv ever slept in. Breakfast was amazing. Coffee served at your table rather that the usual cofffee machine im used to. Proper butter served on slate plates rather than butter packets. Fresh pancakes coming out regularly, home made smoothies as well as fresh juices, 3 choice of sausage (pork, tomato and pork/leek) all of a high quality, scrambled and fried eggs, fresh salmon, cheeses and meats. the list goes on. All topped off with very attentive staff, an amazing view over the harbour and a man playing the piano. Amazing atmosphere. We used the bar on a couple of occasions and the two members of staff on there were great. Very polite and checking regularly that we were ok. I think the lad was new as he was being shown how to make my cocktail but he will do well as he was very friendly and came over to our table and asked if i liked his cocktail and his hot chocolate. Both of which were wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble for this hotel and all its staff. Whatever we asked for we got with a smile. Cant wait to return which we are planning on doing soon. Thankyou so much to everyone at The Bristol Hotel

Room Tip: Many rooms have a harbour view. We had room 607 which was a lovely room but did not have a view of t...

Dear bertybertty,

Thank you for the wonderfull, comprehenive review of the hotel, we also loved the photgraphs.

We appreciate your detailed feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed so much of what we offer our guests.

When returning, remember to keep an eye on our direct website as we have some fantastic packages and promotions running.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel in the near future,